It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approximately 71% of Egyptians do not sympathize with the demonstrations in support of Morsi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Residents of Upper Egypt are more sympathetic towards the demonstrations than those of Lower Egypt and urban governorates.

Egyptian Centre for Public Opinion Research

Egyptian Public Opinion Research Center "Baseera" conducted a public opinion poll about the extent of Egyptians' sympathy towards the demonstrations in support of former president Mohammed Morsi, currently underway in some of Egypt's Squares, and in particular the capital Cairo. The poll results indicated that 20% of Egyptians sympathize with the demonstrations, compared to 71% who do not, while 9% said they are not sure.

Poll Methodology: The poll was conducted using landline and mobile telephones on a sample size of 2214 ages 18 or older nationwide. All interviews were conducted on Saturday the 20th and Sunday the 21st of July 2013. The response rate was approximately 68%, while the results' margin of error is less than 3%.

Not surprisingly the Egyptian people are content with the ousting of the Muslim Brotherhood and former President Morsi and do not sympathize with the Muslim Brotherhood protesters. I guess it's hard to sympathize with protesters who protest with assault rifles while blocking roads, attacking police, police stations, churches, schools, parading nuns in the streets and so on.

Sorry to hear it Muslim Brotherhood, buh bye!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm thinking they get outlawed now, in short order. It'll be another 20 years before they're allowed to try again. If they don't assassinate an Egyptian president between now and then. They seem to make a habit of that, or at least the attempts. Of course, Sadat was more than mere attempt.

The sooner the Egyptians can get some normal life back and 'the trains running on time', as it were, the better for everyone. Maybe tourism can even return to some degree. That would do their economy wonders.

* Naturally, this assumes the US and UK don't manage to start World War Three a bit to the North, in Syria.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

It looks like that will be the fate of the MB, back to the shadows as they once again become banned in Egypt. The MB did win hearts and minds by helping the poor but many bad people hide behind veils of good deeds, looking at you Vatican. Once the MB took power Egypt was hit hard economically but since their removal Egypt has been on a positive path. So now if they can just smoke out all the damn terrorists infesting their country I'd be more than happy to book a trip there to finally see the effin' pyramids!
edit on 22-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A little over two thousand people speak for millions?

Poll Methodology: The poll was conducted using landline and mobile te lephones on a sample size of 2214 ages 18 or older nationwide. All interviews we re conducted on Saturday the 20 th and Sunday the 21 st of July 2013. The response rate was approximatel y 68%, while the results' margin of error is less than 3%.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Oh.. I'd say the 22 million that signed the petition presented to Morsi asking him nicely to vacate his office ...prior to the military asking not-so-nicely, spoke loud enough to be heard world wide.

The 8+ million partying under fireworks as Morsi found himself in a cell spoke even louder.

This just makes an interesting poll number as a side note, IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You do know how polling works, right?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This shouldn't surprise anyone who has an understanding of how Morsi was elected. Mori won 13 million votes and 51% of the vote. This is 13 million out of a voting age population of 53 million people. After running Egypt into the ground for a year I think the apathy of those people who stayed home for the elections was over. Tens of millions protested his ouster .. whatever support he had evaporated with the MB's mismanagement of Egypt. I think most Egyptians would have been content to live the results had the MB not been so incompetent regardless of their fundamentalism.

top topics

join