It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd cheers as GOP rep. tells girl her dad would have to be deported

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Being from Nashville and looking at the local coverage there was more to this story. First the mother works for an immigration group in Nashville.They specifically brought about 90 people to this rally and grilled him on immigration. He had just finished saying he believed that immigrants should come in legally and we have laws in place to bring immigrants into the country. Then her Mom sent her up there they were waiting for him to say this. I actually admire the fact he didnt back track unusual for a politician. By the way everyone there also knows the only way to get deported in Tennessee is to be arrested. Her father was arrested on DUI charges and is currently in jail. So when she went up to the stand and said my dad is being deported the crowd knew he was being held in jail for committing a crime.

In fact id venture to say that is the reason he didnt flip flop on the issue. The press would have been far worse for him. Because if you knew him this guy flips more then pancakes.

edit on 8/24/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

I'll just say this. The problem most Americans have with Mexicans is they refuse to actually adjust to our society..for example learning English.It may seem stupid but it IS important.They want to come here but they want no part of the American life.They just want the money to send home to support the 6600 relatives they have there. It's like me moving to China and expecting them to adjust to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
\

You want to do something about all the "illegals" (as you put it) in your country ?

Then you need to start with your government's (and their corporate bosses) involvement in freely shipping and aiding them across the border to do cheap manual labour that Americans aren't doing because they're too busy making a better income collecting their food stamps and welfare cheques, eating bon bons, and watching Honey Boo Boo.

The day will never come where Americans will flee elsewhere,because lets face it,there's no reason to. Regardless of what some ATS posters believe America is not all that BAD. But you my friend are 100% correct in what you just said.And what I quoted.Too many damn people here(ahem,minorities and some white trash) think they don't have to work. Hell I wouldn't either if i could get what some of these people do. I know of a few people here in Florida who $1100 in food stamps and then $4-600 in CASH assistance. And that doesn't even include what rental assistance they're getting. Seriously? Here I am working an honest job and I'm struggling.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
One thing I hate are empty emotional arguments. He is undocumented and so it makes sense he should be deported. I would be more concerned if the representative gave in to the emotional blackmail and arbitrarily changed his position.

EDIT: Well enforced immigration policy is the only thing that can prevent these situations from arising in the first place.
edit on 25/8/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
One thing I hate are empty emotional arguments. He is undocumented and so it makes sense he should be deported. I would be more concerned if the representative gave in to the emotional blackmail and arbitrarily changed his position.

EDIT: Well enforced immigration policy is the only thing that can prevent these situations from arising in the first place.
edit on 25/8/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

I agree if we enforced the laws this situation wouldn't occur thats why i think we need to start over set up enforcement then handle situations like this we can make exceptions once we stop the flood of people entering. How can you plug a leak in a pipe if you dont turn off the water?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

They were suposed to secure the damned border at the last amnesty and they didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join