It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning, Fact or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Bradley Manning has been sentenced, bringing an end to a three year drama.

The public has been satisfied, and so has the un-public.

However, why do we trust the MSM? They blow many things out of proportion at the best of times, and make out right lies in the worst of times.

I've seen many users on this site claim that propaganda has been re-legalized and is currently being used.

If that is true, for this thought experiment let us assume it is, might this whole case have been one propaganda piece?

There are a few likely options in this scenario. They aren't necessarily exclusive.

1.) Bradley Manning is the source of information,

2.) The real source is unknown and Bradley Manning was a willing scapegoat used by the hacking community,

3.) Bradley Manning is a PSYOP/Propaganda piece used on the American populace.

4.) The real source is unknown and Bradley Manning was a willing scapegoat used by the military,

5.) Something totally different.

What are your thoughts? Are there scenarios I missed? Can you point out any logical discrepancies in regards to the history and evolution of the case?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I believe Bradley / Chelsea got information and really released it, trying to be careful.. and got betrayed by someone he trusted.. so I believe he's the source..

This is a big black eye for the government, I can't imagine it being propaganda of any sort.. also the full extent of the leak isn't known.. there's allegedly more information that wikileaks hasn't yet released

Much like Edward Snowden, I think the government was too relaxed and caught off guard.. now they are in panic mode.. they can't get to Snowden, but they have Manning and they are trying to make an example of him.. however they didn't fully get their way.. they wanted him in prison for 90 years, instead he could be out in as soon as 7
edit on 8/22/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Manning is a Private. He never had access to these documents. Impossible. He a fart and a half away from being a civilian. The image of Bradley, in uniform and shackles will be associated with WikiLeaks "scandal" forever. I believ he was scape goated. The "Fall Guy".

Manning is a brave soul. To tell the press that HE is a SHE and Bradley is Chelsea? Brave.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
Manning is a Private. He never had access to these documents. Impossible. He a fart and a half away from being a civilian. The image of Bradley, in uniform and shackles will be associated with WikiLeaks "scandal" forever. I believ he was scape goated. The "Fall Guy".

Manning is a brave soul. To tell the press that HE is a SHE and Bradley is Chelsea? Brave.

Manning was an Intelligence analyst, and so he DID have access.

He was DEMOTED to Private before being discharged from the army.

Get your facts straight aye.
edit on 22-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The whole sex change thing...really!?

On the outside chance it's legit, well, I wish him luck, it' undoubtedly a hard road in any circumstance but from prison, well...

I have to ask myself -why?

Why release that detail?

I tend to think it's to forever *try* to associate whistle-blowers with the mentally messed up or socially deviant in the eyes of the general populace.

And to stoke outrage that taxpayers might[/I] foot the bill.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I tend to think it's to forever *try* to associate whistle-blowers with the mentally messed up or socially deviant in the eyes of the general populace.

And to stoke outrage that taxpayers might[/I] foot the bill.

Mentioned it on another of these threads...look up MI5 whistleblower David Shayler. Same kind of thing...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

You bring up a subject of Her Royal Majesty...

It is interesting to note that Bradley Manning was also said to be a quasi-subject of the Realm. This is an interesting tidbit which I'm unsure is true or not.

Bradley Manning Dual Subject

If this IS the case, then as I understand it, he should not have been granted security clearance in the first place.

The other ne'er-do-well who caused such a massive uproar with a British citizenship who also had relatively light punishment was SOLO aka McKinley.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Very interesting and coincidental, as I just read this today:

willyloman.wordpress.com...

In the comments:

Kenny: "I’ve held back from saying it but now I have to wonder out loud if Manning is a willing and paid participant in this psyops and has been from the beginning. ???"

Willy Loman: "that was my first assumption and really, if you go back and read his early work on the subject, seems to have been Glenn Greenwald’s as well.
Back in the first days off all of this, I wrote about how Manning had wanted to be a world class double agent and I wrote that he pretty much was one now. The files, if I am not mistaken, the electronic files, didn’t trace back to his system and I think that came out in the court proceedings. People didn’t pay much attention to it though.
They needed to bolster Wikileaks as a honeypot site for real whistle-blowers. We will never know the real leaks and leakers who were foolish enough to send their info to them. We do know the one guy who had all those banking files from Switzerland (UBS?) who ended up giving his stuff to Assange only to have it disappear as he went into prison. but there could literally be hundreds more like him whose real info was buried never to be seen again while Manning’s supposed crap “leaks” were front page every week..."

(bold by me)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by curiouscanadian777

Thanks for the share! A low amount of comments is a good rule of thumb for a low amount of shills (or so I hope.)

Can anyone verify whether or not the electronic files actually originated from his system?

Also, does anyone else find his claims to be a woman direct evidence of conditioning aka brainwashing?

The people that knew the guy before all of this started happening should know... are they still alive?

top topics

join