It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for Katrina response... eh?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Words fail me. They just totally fail me. A PPP poll of Louisiana Republicans has found that while 28% of them blamed President Bush for the poor Federal response to Hurricane Katrina, 29% of them blame President Obama. And 44% aren't sure which of them is to blame!
Here's the link. And I'm still stunned.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ever watch "Jay Walking" on Leno's "Tonight Show"? Most people don't even know who the Vice President is

Now, go into the deep south where there are higher rates of poverty, high levels of religious extremism, and high numbers of conservatives ... yep, sounds about right. Of course they'd blame Obama. He's the bad guy of the moment!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

And Democrats still blame Bush for all of the world's problems.

Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

That's a far cry for blaming someone for something they had nothing to do with. Nice deflection, by the way.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Yes, see what I did there?

Obama has been deflecting his entire presidency. Isn't that the new politics?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
reply to post by nunya13

Ok, now pound your head 50 times on the wall, then you will know the feeling of reading right wing posts...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

There may be something to their beliefs with merit.
the-american-journal.com...

Obama as we see now was again less than truthful, the federal government had in fact waived the Stafford Act’s requirement that New Orleans contribute 10 percent toward the cost of reconstruction and cleanup efforts just 10 days before Obama delivered his speech. Not only that — Obama was among 14 senators who voted against the bill.

Now I'm not saying voting against aid for Katrina victims while being a senator may be worse than allowing local authorities to usurp federal opinion in regards to disaster preparations... wait, yes, yes I am saying that voting against aid following a disaster is a bit worse than allowing local authorities to maintain their full control prior to a disaster.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh! You mean because of the war and trashed economy he inherited from 8 years of bush. Lets allow people without proper income to get loans for a house... that couldn't end up bankrupting America...

So I bet if the next president is a republican you'll talk out both sides of your mouth and blame Obama.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by nunya13

Erm, how could he be blamed for the lack of federal response when he was just a rookie Senator at the time?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This has got to be a record! You responded to my post with more deflection? You didn't even address my main point! Wow...just wow...

Go find an anti-Obama thread to play in if you need your daily dose THAT badly.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
President Obama is as responsible for Katrina as is President Bush responsible for Benghazi.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh my God... lack of information is a big contributor to bad policies... wow. Obama, huh? Or Bush? Or unsure which? Wow... I mean... this isn't that hard, it's just knowing which years a President was in office?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

reply to post by nunya13

Erm, how could he be blamed for the lack of federal response when he was just a rookie Senator at the time?

Lol... I wonder how he became President using the same reasoning, not that I'm against him, I'm seriously interested.

And yes... that also clears him from any Katrina response... oh man... my head is starting to hurt.
edit on 21-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Ever watch "Jay Walking" on Leno's "Tonight Show"? Most people don't even know who the Vice President is

Now, go into the deep south where there are higher rates of poverty, high levels of religious extremism, and high numbers of conservatives ... yep, sounds about right. Of course they'd blame Obama. He's the bad guy of the moment!

Yeah, I second that, it is kind of a very accurate assessment.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I don't see how 14 senators voting against a bill that obviously passed holds any merit regarding the OP. There "no" votes didn't have any impact on the outcome.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

There "no" votes didn't have any impact on the outcome.

But it did for their integrity.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Words fail me. They just totally fail me. A PPP poll of Louisiana Republicans has found that while 28% of them blamed President Bush for the poor Federal response to Hurricane Katrina, 29% of them blame President Obama. And 44% aren't sure which of them is to blame!
Here's the link. And I'm still stunned.

He may have killed kennedy and was responsible for Friends being taken off the air.....oh and guess who shot JR?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That's a far cry for blaming someone for something they had nothing to do with. Nice deflection, by the way.

Like how GWB has been blamed for EVERYTHING for the past 5 Years.

I agree people shouldn't get blamed for things they had nothing to do with.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I don't see how 14 senators voting against a bill that obviously passed holds any merit regarding the OP. There "no" votes didn't have any impact on the outcome.

We're talking about opinions of victims here and the impact political Pez heads had on those opinions. There are a lot of people who don't want the feds meddeling in their business UNTIL disaster strikes and, when they need and ask for help, it pisses them off to have someone in DC vote "no."

I am not advocating the "blame" nor am I saying it was misplaced on either man (even though I wholeheartedly believe the full blame belongs on imbeciles like Ray nagin and Mary Landreu who, even after the feds had said "GET OUT, SEEK SAFETY" were flapping their gums telling the people of New Orleans "Everything will be fine, stand your ground, we will protect our city."), I am merely saying that the fact that there were politcians in DC who snubbed their cry for help via a vote on the Senate floor is something that can absolutely stick with people for a long time, whether they recieved the aid ultimately or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Beat you by 1 minute!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join