It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

You forgot #4. Radical Muslims. They're in the mix as well. You know the type.

False flags have been a part of asymmetrical warfare for centuries. The rebel factions often fight amongst themselves in Syria.

There are plenty of radicals in this fight and many atrocities have been committed by both sides.

I think that the western powers are just hunky-dory with the turmoil in the region as it keeps many radicals occupied on their home turf, rather than going elsewhere.

The only way to bring peace to Syria would be section it in pieces similar to Germany after WW2, and have NATO, Russia, etc, run those sectors. I don’t see that happening anytime soon and it would not go over well either.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So your answer is Barge in Kill both sides?
the notion that the west is gonna help the "people" is naive at best. As I stated before, whats happening in the middle east only serves the west. We gain more out of it.

This will keep on happening until the west decides they got what they where after.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

No, it is not about "assad did it or the rebels did it". It is that we are living in the 21st century and yet the world becomes worse with each passing year. It is like an evil force has suddenly captured every human being as its hostage and make them accept seeing things like these dead children in Syria, or, bored teens in US shooting an australian visitor to death just out of boredoom, banks robbing us blind, politicians becoming so corrupt even normal street thieves looks like angels in comparison.

Don´t you see? Humanity is slouching towards a complete moral implosion, one that will leave everyone destroyed in mind, body and spirit.
edit on 21-8-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

The world isn't any worse than it was before. The worlds population alone tells us that.

It's just we now have instant 24/7 news/information. It tugs at the heartstrings and gets emotions all riled up.

And because of this, I see a major world war on a scale above WW2 coming soon within ten years. Cooler heads are obviously not prevailing.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

By international intervention do you speak of the west and or NATO invading? If so, that's a terrible idea because we've already done that and it always ends the same, complete failure where the terrorists take over and thrive. Just look at Libya & Iraq. Meanwhile Syria is already a terrorist hell infested with Al Qaeda so you really think Syria will better off when the west defeats Assad, leaves, & the terrorist take over?

Over 100,000 have been estimated to have been killed so far but those numbers will only increase when Assad falls.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It seems to me that some of those pictures look faked/staged add that to the chosen ones red line speech a year ago and the U.N in Syria now hmm

can you smell it?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is, I believe, a deliberate act by a third party (not Assad nor the rebels) to get the US military actively involved in ground and air combat in Syria.

This whole mess stinks of Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan all over again!

There is no reason to meddle in the affairs of Syria, at least no reason to the average American person.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
It seems to me that some of those pictures look faked/staged add that to the chosen ones red line speech a year ago and the U.N in Syria now hmm

can you smell it?

For once I agree with you the first video posted one the first page is not nerve gas. If it was those victims would be so clean.

Some of the other picture and videos though circulating are not so clean. Nerve gas was it seems used but to what extent and by whom is up for debate.

edit on 21-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
LOL if Assad used nerve gas there would be thousands of videos all over websites like liveleak and youtube.
There are no videos.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The consensus so far ( by medical staff at the location ) was that it may have been weaponized cyanide, which is a bit different from sarin.

Regardless of "who dunnit'" , it is a sad day for humanity that such weapons are used against people for any reason.
edit on 21-8-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
LOL if Assad used nerve gas there would be thousands of videos all over websites like liveleak and youtube.
There are no videos.

Perhaps you should recheck liveleak.. for they are there.

Just search Damascus chemical attack for today.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Pictures...have you seen the videos of the gassed children slowly dying on this link...?

link

Do you consider the content on these videos fake?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
The consensus so far ( by medical staff at the location ) was that it may have been weaponized cyanide, which is a bit different from sarin.

That fits as I said on my first on page 2.
Weaponized Cyanide would be alot easier to make too if you were a rebel.....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
There are no videos.

BBC report:

www.bbc.co.uk...'

RT

rt.com...

Most media outlets are avoiding the most graphic images and video.

worldnews.nbcnews.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic

That fits as I said on my first on page 2.
Weaponized Cyanide would be alot easier to make too if you were a rebel.....

Or if you were trying to make it look like the rebel's... or Assad... was using gas. What if another party staged the attack to get US troops involved?

link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by thesaneone

Pictures...have you seen the videos of the gassed children slowly dying on this link...?

link

Do you consider the content on these videos fake?

Not nessarly "fake". Whats in debate is method of death or at least what type of gas used.
The first picture on that link you posted does not look like Sarin.

Some of the others maybe. But there are a few that do not.

link   
Double post
edit on 21-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Possible.

Put if the USA or UK wanted to do that they would just use High grade Sarin. Make it look like Assad for sure.

But we will see. If we get a new war then yeah suspicius.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Words cant describe how sad I feel about those children, watching their life slowly slip away

It shouldn't matter who did it, time to send in the Marines to sweep the trash away and give the Syrian people a chance to live.

And by trash I'm taking about Assad and the Rebels both must go
edit on 8/21/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Words cant describe how sad I feel about those children, watching their life slowly slip away

It shouldn't matter who did it, time to send in the Marines to sweep the trash away and give the Syrian people a chance to live.

And by trash I'm taking about Assad and the Rebels both must go
edit on 8/21/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

If the US government was run by decent and responsible people, I would agree with you wholeheartedly Muse. But this is how we always get entangled in this whole "nation-building" mess, and I fear all that would happen with US troops in the mix is a conflict that starts engulfing Lebanon as well.

This just seems like a plan to get the US right in the middle of things, and I'm HIGHLY suspicious of any further military engagements.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Err yeah.....

Great Idea.

Middle easten nation building worked so well in the past.....

So who do we support and put in charge?

Reality check we go in, we piss of then muslim world even more for interfering and end up with another Afgahinstan like quaigmire to bog the west down as we will be stuck adminstarting a country that hates us unable to leave because any puppet govement we put in place will collapse into civil war as soon as wel leave....

Yeah great idea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join