It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by neo96

Let's not forget the perfect timing of all of this being that UN chemical weapons inspectors had just arrived days earlier before the attack.

The UN inspectors also have intelligence operatives. Perhaps they were warned of this attack.

Assad is a monster and I wouldn't discount him masterminding this attack.

There are monsters on both sides. Never forget that it is the Jihadists who strap bombs to their own children, use them as human shields, and have them pretend to be dead for propaganda and they do these things ALL THE TIME. What makes you think those animals would have any qualms about gassing kids?

Others have already pointed out why it would make no sense for Assad to order such an attack, so I wont regurgitate the obvious. I will say this though: Between Egypt, Syria, Libya, etc, it sure seems like someone pulling the strings in the west wants to put extremists in power across the entire middle east. Almost as if they want a new caliphate, and the coming of the mahdi.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Except that many adults were also killed in their beds in their own homes. How do you explain that?

edit on 21-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

I obviously can't and nor can you. I can though, use my brain and engage my reason before jumping to the conclusions I'm obviously being manipulated into making and adopting positions I am obviously being manipulated into taking. That is the essence of denying ignorance - start with your own and don't be conned.
I referred in the two paragraphs to the weapons experts who all say..this is not saran or mustard. That is all that can be ascertained by the videos at this stage. Also, a gas leak can kill an adult or child in a wide room with a bed or in a sealed off basement. Its proximity and gas density that matters.

Foaming at the mouth in combination with asphyxia suggests cyanide...which would be readily available for processing via most agricultural insecticides. Someone may have been trying to build a phosphorous bomb and the chemicals leaked or were exposed to water prematurely? Who knows.. It's as good a speculation as anyone else's...but only that. Of course the most famous form of cyanide being Zyklon B, can't be ruled out..OR.. ruled in either until all the facts are established by independent 3rd parties.

Either way or no way, it doesn't matter...dead is dead..and 1400 more people are now dead..that is the only fact of substance - that and the US now has its excuse to enter Syria and turn it into Libya.2.0 and US/Israel, following the oldest rule in the book by funding both sides, have divided to conquer and have Muslims so set upon each other and struggling to simply survive, they have little time to focus on anything else. A nation divided on itself cannot stand..and so dividing nations works best as the new millenniums pseudo-military strategy of choice. Since Korea, neither the Russians, China, the US or Israel it seems has had the courage to face a standing national army...instead they do this...they use their pawns rather than face each other and this, the terrible fate of innocent children caught in crossfire, is the result.

Whoever did it, thought of it, sanctioned it or celebrated it..and to those who would use such a tragedy as cannon fodder for more of the same..to the deepest parts of hell with the lot of them.

Ro

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Another way to bring peace to Syria may be that people wake up and teach those rebels and mercenaries good lesson.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
From a morticians point of view....

I have only seen a few pictures so far, but from the blotchy skin discoloration and visible vascular damage on some of the bodies.I suspect gas attack.

Note: I do not believe anyone was diligent enough to fake that. Lying still yes, foaming mouth yes. Skin discoloration , no..

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by TDawgRex

Another way to bring peace to Syria may be that people wake up and teach those rebels and mercenaries good lesson.

I would like to wish that the lesson would be learned peaceably. But I fear it won't be.

Sometimes you just have to put the rabid dog down. And in this case, I'm seeing both sides as rabid. It's a sad situation.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Found this in search on the event as it's possible relation to it:

The cached 'Wayback' archive of the story that was deleted from the Daily Mail, etc., 29 January 2013.
Having a hard time linking it, copy and paste to browser -
web.archive.org...://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270219/U-S-planned-launch-chemical-weapon-attack-Syria-blame-Assad. html

or at: archive.org...

and enter(right click copy address): www.dailymail.co.uk...

U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

Leaked emails from defense contractor refers to chemical weapons saying 'the idea is approved by Washington' Obama issued warning to Syrian president Bashar al-Assad last month that use of chemical warfare was 'totally unacceptable'

Leaked emails have allegedly proved that the White House gave the green light to a chemical weapons attack in Syria that could be blamed on Assad's regime and in turn, spur international military action in the devastated country.

A report released on Monday contains an email exchange between two senior officials at British-based contractor Britam Defence where a scheme 'approved by Washington' is outlined explaining that Qatar would fund rebel forces in Syria to use chemical weapons.

Read more: web.archive.org...://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270219/U-S-planned-launch-chemical-weapon-attack-Syria-blame-Assad. html#ixzz2cfQTIJRE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk... ssad.html" target="_blank" class="postlink">U.S. 'backed plan to launch chemical weapon attack on Syria and blame it on Assad's regime'

Connected? Disinfo?
Thoughts?
edit on 21-8-2013 by dreamingawake because: Trouble with link.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

The news of so- called chemical wepaon attack by Syrian Regime was published by Al- Jazzera (blogs.aljazeera.com...) at 09: 28. Another pro- Syrian terrorists site:”Baath Regime used chemical weapons in East Ghouta, Damascus, Jobar, Ain Tarma, Zamalka, Western Ghouta, Muaddamiyah around 03: 30 am. The source said that the death toll may rise because the lack of equipments and medical sources… At the same time one of the well know pro-Syrian terrorists youtube account ‘SHAMSNN’ uploaded tens videos quickly between 03: 00 and 04: 00. MOST IMPORTANT evidence is that the uploading time is 20 August !!!BUT THEY ACCUSED SYRIAN REGIME FOR ATTACK ON 21 AUGUST!!!

I'd put that down to rebel fighters running towards the bombing to get footage regardless. I doubt they were in the area or had knowledge of the event before it occurd.. wouldnt take long in the early hours for someone to notice full on bombing and run to it, especially once you realised it was chemical, the camera's would be out quicker than the Allah Ahckbars

As fo the timing, 3am / 4am and the 20th/21st August... well 3-4am is only a few hours between the 20th and 21st. I'd be willing to put that on proxy's and the time stamp of the upload location.

I might not be right, but its enough to garner doubt!

I Still believe this was the rebels.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
edit to add...

what if, the rebels learned of a force who wanted to abandon the regime and cross over the rebels.
Instead of letting them, they instructed them to remain in the Assad regime, stay on control and when the time was right launch an attack from Assad's guns, but an Assad uniform .. of which a rebel was wearing!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just how dumb are people in this world?

Assad has used chemical weapons? Again?

Didn't people learn from the first claims that it was Assad, that it's bull#?
How many more times will they cry wolf before people wake up?

Do people have any idea just how insane the terrorists are in the fsa?
They aren't freedom fighters.
But the worst of the worst.
You think those who carried out attacks in London, America, Spain or Bali were evil and the worst of the worst?

If they allowed these guys fighting against Assad now to enter western countries, you'd see just how evil they are.
These people are killing women and children.
These people are eating the flesh off their victims.

They aren't fighting for a free, democratic Syria.
They are fighting to remove Assad on the behalf of certain western governments.

Who funds them?
Who arms them?
Who transports them around the world to fight?

Western governments and their agencies.

How do people NOT know this stuff?

They don't even try and hide it anymore.

A few years ago they were telling us we are fighting against al qaeda.
Now they've openly said al qaeda is fighting against Assad. And on top of that, they openly tell us they are going to arm them in Syria.

So the west has gone from creating al qaeda and the mujahadeen in afghanistan in the 80's to fight the Soviets, to fighting against al qaeda in the early 2000's, to using al qaeda to fight their dirty wars in the middle east and north africa.

Open your eyes people.
It's being done openly, before your eyes.
You can remain ignorant if you want, or you can open your eyes and see what's happening because they aren't trying to hide it from you and do it behind our backs. They are doing it in front of our eyes.
It's your choice to be blinded by the media and the latest scandal involving Justin Beiber and whoever else.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

news.yahoo.com

BEIRUT/AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian activists accused President Bashar al-Assad's forces of launching a nerve gas attack that killed at least 213 people on Wednesday, in what would, if confirmed, be by far the worst reported use of poison gas in the two-year-old civil war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is very unlikely President Bashar al-Assad isnt a stupid man and would never risk the international communitys back lash he knows as long as he doesnt give them a reason to invade its just a civil war. And in a civil war he will eventually win.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Time for the rebel/terrorists to drop their weapons and surrender. End the violence. Killing innocent women and children is going too far. Enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
in.news.yahoo.com...

Looks like Assad's forces are attacking the same area again with conventional weapons.

BEIRUT/AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces bombarded rebel-held suburbs of Damascus on Thursday, activists said, keeping up pressure on the besieged region a day after the opposition accused the army of gassing hundreds in a chemical weapons attack.

Fadi al-Shami of the Tarhrir al-Sham Brigade, which operates in the eastern Ghouta region, said scattered fighting was taking place along the Jobar-Zamalka axis and that opposition forces have moved closer to loyalist lines, partly to be in safer positions in case of another chemical attack

I doubt Assad will give permission for the UN to send a team to the area to investigate the area that was hit with the gas.
edit on 22-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You know it worked on me. I saw the pictures of the children and I said WTF is going on to myself. That was my first honest reaction and I got mad .. I can't understand how, why, who, what??!??! As a father I am just shocked ..

Then phase 2 started - I am reading more and more comments, opinions and research more background information to develop a better understanding of the situation. Still we don't know for sure whats going on, but we have better rational anchor points to judge the situation without too much emotional input.

Guess what, I am (and so are all of us here) are the 5% (if at all) who do their due diligence and try to see stories from different angles.

For the majority it stops at the emotions that I described in the first sentence. So, it becomes pretty clear who is targeted with these pictures and stories .. did it really happen or not? At this point, doesn't matter, it's so shocking that its "realistic" enough and there will no backlash because nobody really argues beyond the emotional outcry.. easy game..

I think they really hoped to go into Syria and carpet bomb it, but Russia was smarter and understood this and it was easy for them to put the discussion down especially because they don't really have respect for the US anymore (who would blame them).

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

There is no scenario where this ends well for anybody involved in this war.

While the discussion here seems to have evolved into a ''technical/semantic" ATS jargon, as who is to blame for this, Assad or the rebels or other (insert three letter agency here _ _ _), my heart goes out to those tiny children that I saw in the worst of these videos.

The ones where you visibly could see a child of around 5 years age, slowly dying in front of the camera, the life leaving its body as it raised its head upwards struggling for air (a normal shock reaction from a body trying to open up the larynx for more airinflow when asphyxiation takes place).

You can say this child is an actor, or impose other typical paranoid ATS descriptions on a horrid reality where ordinary descent humanity has left the house like elvis, but in my book I mourn for these small inncoent souls that did nothing evil to deserve this. They were not even muslims. They were merely...children, caught in a hellhole induced by very sick minds ..or better put, hell beings that revel in anything resembling pure chaos. Something a mind applying a desire from a logical explanation, can never understand.

That is what evil is. Chaos, destruction through division, hatred, anger and unforgiveness steeped in mercilessness, even for the most innocent and tinyest beings.

edit on 22-8-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The activists scaled down the death toll from 200 to 171.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Not posted in ages but this one has my hair on end, this just screams false flag to me. Its just too handy for the UN inspectors to arrive and suddenly there's an attack of this scale! Really?!?! Come on!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Why would Assad hit Damascus?... when he's making large gains against the rebels in Homms and other area's?

Sounds like the rebels are getting desperate.

That's what im wondering. Assad has been winning lately, so why use chemical agents in Damascus of all places? Ironically, a group of UN chemical weapons experts arrived in Syria a few days ago.

Im not sure what to make of this at the moment.

ETA - Also found this article that just came out a few hours ago

news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration is opposed to even limited U.S. military intervention in Syria because it believes rebels fighting the Assad regime wouldn't support American interests if they were to seize power right now, Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote to a congressman in a letter obtained by The Associated Press.

Effectively ruling out U.S. cruise missile attacks and other options that wouldn't require U.S. troops on the ground, Dempsey said the military is clearly capable of taking out Syrian President Bashar Assad's air force and shifting the balance of the Arab country's 2½-year war back toward the armed opposition. But he said such an approach would plunge the United States deep into another war in the Arab world and offer no strategy for peace in a nation plagued by ethnic rivalries.

Now im wondering....what happened to that "Red Line" Obama spoke of? Are we finally going to stay out of this one? (I hope we stay out of it)...quite a different tone from the White House in regards to Syria all the sudden, huh?

Hmmmm....The "red line" is set for chemical weapons months ago by Obama, then right before this supposed attack occurs, Dempsey comes out and says the Obama admin is against even limited US military intervention. Am I missing something here?
edit on 21-8-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

It is a false flag - executed by mercenaries using leftover Iraqi arsenal. USA has diverted some of Iraqi arsenal to Jordan which is being used in a sneaky manner.

The NWO wants a war and soon. New weapons needs to be tried.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
does the opposition even have access to these chemical weapons to fake an attack by the syrian regime? because i seen a documentary on the rebels and thay are just a rag tag army with small arms. not saying thay have deliberately used chemical weapons on there own people, nor am i saying the syrian army used them. but i just can't see civilians having the know how to use such weapons without accidently killing there self's using them or rounding up the the local opposition forces and saying right lads, we are just going to use some of assad's chemicals to wipe out as many of our own people as possible, without having some or most people not willing to use such weapons on the very people thay claim to be helping to gain sympathy from the outside world? not sure just a thought.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It would be CIA Brotherhood Rebels, and yeah its that kind of coalition. They don't stop.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Very ironic isn't it!

Tell the truth even though I'm British I'm really beginning to see through our foreign policy these days. France Britain and USA are going into Syria very soon in some way, probably a limited air campaign to start with, they'll be hoping to drag Iranian casualties into this theatre of war, because let's face it this is all about Iran.

There is just no way Assad would take out hundeds with gas while the cameras are rolling and the enemy nations are foaming at the mouth for war. This is going to be rebels or western special ops

All about Iran

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join