It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIBERALS, this is the ideology you vote for.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

This is the ideology Liberals vote for?
Thanks for the chuckle. I hope that is venting and not intended to appeal to logic. It sounds like a rant because no individual with common sense would mistake this for anything more. You'll probably be laughing at your own words tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Yep. It is the ideology they vote for.
And they don't even know it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

At least we, republicans, realize that we are forced to put in the same old republicans that turn into the progressives, and govern just like these liberals.

We, american people, are watching both the dems and repubs destroy our country while they are stealing as much as they possibly can to put into their own personal coffers to make it through this complete collapse, that almost seems purposefully orchestrated.

The US is going down - nobody with any common sense can deny this.

We need to remove ALL of the traitors that are currently residing in Washington - We need a new party - I don't know - Call it the "Common Sense Party" or, maybe, the "Reality Party?"

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

narcissistic,
bigoted,
and absolute contempt for those "other people".
at the same time they claim to be the compassionate ones, while separating us into groups of "special people", who need their "help".
help from the better people, the smart people.
help from the people who have never lived a day in poverty in their lives.
help from the people who need to be needed.

but they shouldn't be forced to live in the misery they so compassionately bestowed upon us.
no,
they are above those people.
take your "help", and shove it.
That was a Joke Right? I mean I know that's how those people feel, especially since I lived in the Bronx my whole life & work in Manhattan. Trust me their attitude towards common folk from the outer boroughs are Smug to say the least. That said, I can't believe one of them actually lifted the veil from their face.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok but...
REPUBLICANS, this is the ideology you voted for;
republicansareracists.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Yep. It is the ideology they vote for.
And they don't even know it.

Sorry, but I don't vote for opinions from someone I do not know. I vote based on what I think and what I believe to be the better option. It isn't always a vote for the liberal. Usually, but not always. I don't concern myself with how ANYONE else votes. Each is free to vote however they want. Nobody has all the answers and neither conservative nor liberal ideology is "correct".

Well, liberal ideology is sort of more correct, but....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Every time I come home to the US, I'm amazed that the bickering between these so-called political ideologies continues. I shouldn't be, but I am.

Lets forget liberal and conservative, and focus on what people vote for. Democrat or Republican. Both parties can be broken down into sub-factions, but lets look at them in general. The reason being is if you look at their voting records on issues, and especially if you look at their voting records while considering what parties the authors of the bills and various amendments being voted on, you will see that regardless of sub-faction they tend to, as a party, vote as one despite their internal differences.

A good example is the failed assault weapons ban bill earlier this year. If you kept track of who voted for different amendments, riders, pork, addendum, inclusions, etc., despite what was in those, a democrat would vote down a republican authored part and a republican would vote down a democrat authored part, regardless of whether or not that section was reasonable, or even worked towards the party's own goals. Both sides made many reasonable concessions, but almost, not completely, but almost unanimously voted down the oppositions inclusions. It was mind boggling to watch. It was the first time I followed congress vote by vote like that and it both made me feel better and worse at the same time about our republic's democratic process. Better in that I want the US government to be so mired and hamstrung by conflicting ideas, ideologies, laws, protocol, and oversight to get as little as done as possible, worse in that I know many people personally who think like these politicians and honestly believe those politicians to be on their side because they identify with that specific party.

Get it straight, the majority, and I don't just mean 51%, of politicians have atrocious criminal and civil records. The kind of people you vote for have proven at almost every single turn to not be on your side. As much as you try to be on their side, they are never on yours. They only make appearances to be on your side so long as you vote for them.

Here's the explanation:

Lets go back to the division of Republican and Democrat ideologies. Both ideologies have held the opposite's position in US history, and it has switched a few times. Currently however, they completely discredit themselves as a political ideology in the minds of anyone who realizes how contrary they are with their own ideology. For every "hardline" stance that either of these ideologies takes on a given issue, they take a perfectly opposite stance on a different but fundamentally identical issue. Both party ideologies fail fundamental logic tests that ought to strip them of credibility in the eyes of anyone with even the remotest presence of mind.

Keep in mind that not all republicans or democrats believe the following, sure, but their representatives voting records in the halls of government follow lock step with these outlooks.

Death Penalty and Abortion:
A republican will say it's murder to kill an unborn fetus of a specific age or younger. They don't, in general, believe that the death penalty is murder and that it doesn't follow the same ethical standards because of the presumption of judgement. Itt is society's collective choice through the implementation and enforcement of law to remove a dangerous member of society through death.
A democrat will say it's murder to kill a man convicted of certain capital crimes, but it's a woman's individual choice as to whether or not she keeps or aborts her potential child.
Both ideologies fail here. Both are state sanctioned murder provided that very specific criteria are met. It's similar to self defense with lethal force. Another instance of legal murder provided that VERY specific criteria are met. From a legal and societal standpoint all three carry the same ethical and moral weight. All instances are of an individual dying at the hands of another.

This is just one example. I could go on and on. Gay rights, both have contrary ideologies that discredit both sides. Lobbying of government, there are some juicy ones there. Immigration, there are tons gems that republicans and democrats contradict themselves on. It would make this post an entirely new thread if I went into those.

Both ideologies seem to have evolved into or are tailor made to be the worst combination of ideas and contradictions I have ever seen in political thought.

In my experience, individual Democrats tend to be more racist than individual Republicans (yes really). and individual Republicans tend to be more moochers than individual Democrats (yes really).

You guys are fighting the wrong battle. It was never the democrats vs the republicans, it has always been the people vs the government they elected. This whole backwards schism distracts us from compromise and civility.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Your logic is flawed, to say the least. You cannot present one person's viewpoints and claim this person represents the Democratic Party, or even one other liberal in the US. And that is exactly what you are doing, since you claimed this is the ideology you vote for, linking the beliefs of other liberals with those of this person. That is not logical. It is a fallacy, and thus your argument is null.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I agree that this is a political trolling bait thread. It would be the same as if I posted any number of inane and ridiculous comments that I'm sure have been uttered by self-proclaimed conservatives on radio shows, we can use Michelle Bachmann as an example because I'm sure we're all aware of some of the nonsense that woman has uttered, and then claim it's representative of conservative ideology on the whole. It's patently ludicrous and only serves to further promote division and partisanship from all parties involved, barring those such as myself who have long since given up playing at politics.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I don't think the OP was linking beliefs, but was pointing out, rather one-sided I might add, that the people voting for said person were ignorant to or apathetic of said person's complete political outlook. As a result, their acceptance that since the person was of the same party, then voting for them is the correct measure. It happens on both sides, democrats and republicans.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Partisan Hackery and Political trolling. Kind of the exact thing SkepticOverlord said we need to stop doing in his thread right here...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Your logic is flawed, to say the least. You cannot present one person's viewpoints and claim this person represents the Democratic Party, or even one other liberal in the US. And that is exactly what you are doing, since you claimed this is the ideology you vote for, linking the beliefs of other liberals with those of this person. That is not logical. It is a fallacy, and thus your argument is null.

people try that the other way around all the time.....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I never said all liberals have this ideology.
I said you vote for it.

You're saying we vote for the ideology espoused by this woman, so you are saying we have this ideology. As usual, a conservative trying to take back and/or contort his words when called on them.

You have to be absolutely mad to think the way this woman does.

Has anyone yet in this thread defended what this woman said? Furthermore, have you any proof that this isn't a hoax call?

The progressive politicians are worse than this woman.
They do have this ideology.
They just don't say it aloud.

Oh, so you know what all liberal politicians think, even if they don't say it. I guess that means I can say that I know all Republican/conservative politicians are racists, misogynists, religious bigots and homophobes, even if they don't say so, because like you, I know it's so. See how that works, OP?

I could make a thread about elite republican ideology, what's the point?
They surrender to the progressives every chance they get.

Yeah, sure, Republicans cave to the democrats every chance they get. That's why they have voted 41 times in the House this session to repeal Obama care, and that is why the Republican Senate minority has set a record for number of filibusters this session.

The point of you not attacking Republican ideology is because from all appearances here in this thread you are a Republican/conservative hack, so you would never attack your political side.

As usual, a very strong defense by the OP of a politically trolling conservative thread. *NOT*.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by bjax9er

I am a liberal and, no, that is not the ideology I vote for nor is it anywhere near indicative of my mind set.

This seems to be a case of a faux liberal. They are common and have been around for a very long time, particularly in the upper classes of New York. Very, very rich people who don't have any natural or real liberal leanings, but who toss a few bucks at a few charities to seek to claim the "liberal" label for when such labels might benefit them.

Representing this as liberal ideology is about as sincere as if I were to post a Fred Phelps video and proclaim that he is touting typical Conservative ideology.

Fred Phelps ran as a Democrat 5 times in the 90's, supported Gore, and gave a speech endorsing Bill Clinton at Kansas. If you are going to give a example of some crazy Republican at least make sure they support the right.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

I understand the thread and I'm guessing you don't believe every Liberal feels like this? I think most politicians
(Democrat or Republican) live by the motto do as I say, not as I do, I also feel like most of them feel like they know what you need better then you do. I have a Liberal Family (besides my Dad and Mom) and they might not be this stupid but they can be complete hypocrites.

example being my Uncle hates big corporations and Wall Street yet he use to work at Disney and now he works at J.P. Morgan.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I am completely anti-democratic party - and very angry at the republican party - but if you're looking for crazy-ass republicans - Pat Robertson actually won the Iowa republican primary for president one year.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I remember a South Park episode where they were referring to liberals as smug people, particularly when they like to believe that they are better for driving a Prius. I agree entirely, even my ex whom was very liberal thought of herself better than the norm because she was politically correct and would claim that she is compassionate and hates selfishness but in reality she was just being hypocritical. Her life continues to change, whether she remains a liberal or not (she doesn't care about politics but rather the lifestyle of one) and even today hates the idea that we're not all equal.

I suppose the biggest thing that got between us was politics because as a libertarian, my views dramatically is different than hers although I genuinely believed that she could be libertarian if she looked more into it. But alas, we broke up, I found someone better, got married and am a happy camper. Her on the other end isn't very happy because she lives with delusions and every day her life gets harder and harder, which is caused by the libs at the top but she continues to say that her lifestyle is better than a barbaric one.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

I am completely anti-democratic party - and very angry at the republican party - but if you're looking for crazy-ass republicans - Pat Robertson actually won the Iowa republican primary for president one year.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

I agree about Pat Robinson and there are plenty of crazy republicans to list like the guy who said having a baby due to rape is a gift from god. My point was that the poster was trying to make it seem like Phelps is a Republican when there are quite a few examples of Fred Phelps supporting a Democrat and running as a Democrat. I completely agree with being anti-democrat while still being angry at the republicans too, I really like the quote from the South Park creators "I hate conservatives, but I really #ing hate liberals."

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Partisan Hackery and Political trolling. Kind of the exact thing SkepticOverlord said we need to stop doing in his thread right here...

And yet it makes front page ATS??

Weird.

Yes, this is bait thread, Steer clear!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join