It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdy from the 50s, and can anyone relate to my `problem`?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hi!
I have this too! I always knew I was empathetic but only recently have I found out that not everyone is, and even if i point it out to say my child, they dont fully understand or FEEL it like i do. have not concluded if its a bad thing yet, sometimes I feel disadvantaged compared to someone who could not care less. I tend to live my life always worrying how other people would perceive me or what I have to say, I fear of hurting others feelings if I say something risqué or just honesty really.
For example I was walking behind an elderly man who took offence to someone calling him darling, he muttered something not too nice under his breath then realised I was in earshot, instead of acknowledging that I heard it i pretended that I did not in case he was embarrassed. Something silly but it made me wonder why I do it.
I could say I may be even more than some , my brother is just home from serving inIraq he was shot ( not serious) he came back with a hat of one of thetaliban that was killed , still had hair attached. Some of the fam find it hilarious to wear it and laugh etc. hearing that turned my stomach ,my view of them changed in that instant, I still feel for the dead Taliban , no need to mock him in death. He was a father, son, brother too fighting for what they feel is right the same way my bro did.
It's even worse when it comes to animals!
I'm not all good though I judge quickly and can often dismiss a person on this, simply by denying they even exist A flaw I have and am aware of.

I too like your avatar, I always said that if I could chose I would like to live in those days ( the fantastical movie versions of it anyway)

Ttfn

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Welcome!

I've always been a big fan of the era, the women dressed like classic women and the men were men (Gregory Peck!)

Love me a Chevy 57 .

Couple of my Favourite Movies from then:
Some Like it Hot.
North By North West

See you 'round like a rissole

<< 1   >>

join