It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima bay radiation levels highest since measurements began

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

No that's reflective paint.

Tritium is used in your watches. The ones that glow green at night. And they are used for aircraft emergency exit signs and other signs that don't require light to "turn on"

You will always know one when you see one. They glow green only as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrTritium

My dad left me his watch before he passed. It has green glowing hands and dots for the times.

Thanks, i didn't know that. My dad never took the watch off, he wore since 98. Guess that explains the cancer....kidding. The cancer was from agent orange exposure during his tours in vietnam.

Thanks for that tidbit of info, good stuff.
edit on 8/20/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

There isn't a lot left that can be done. Letting it burn away is one option....not a good one at that.
They can remove the fuel, but should anything happen during removal they could make the whole thing go critical.

The other side of this coin is, if there is another earthquake and the fuel is uncovered and allowed to burn.

We are in for a real treat, we may live to see the extinction of mankind.
I wanted to see mars before i die.

they cannot, in any conceivable way, remove all the rods since many are already more than likely without their zirconium shielding. given that estimate on my part as nothing more than a laymen, i would conclude it aint gonna happen without setting off criticality of the other rods and possibly entire reactors since if that happens, there will be no way to maintain cooling on the other reactors any longer.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

they cannot, in any conceivable way, remove all the rods since many are already more than likely without their zirconium shielding. given that estimate on my part as nothing more than a laymen, i would conclude it aint gonna happen without setting off criticality of the other rods and possibly entire reactors since if that happens, there will be no way to maintain cooling on the other reactors any longer.

Three of the reactors went critical, the spent fuel pools have been exposed to open air for a time. Im sure there is no coating on the rods anymore. They have already came out and stated that they cant even send cameras down to the fuel.

I cant help but feel like its a lost cause at this point. Japan is lost. You cant live where the water is poisoned.

Its too late to remove the fuel IMO. All they can do is keep it cool until it submerges its self.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

has anyone any idea why the worlds governments are not in talks and making concessions with each other to join up all their forces at least for this one time and flush their political crap down the toilet, until we get this sorted, then they can go back to peashooting their rice particles at each other and becoming annoying in the norm...

this makes a one way ticket to mars very appealing

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
And still our state and federal governments swear to the public that there is no reason to monitor or test......

I thank you for the update. Thank all of you that have been monitoring so closely and sharing with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

japan will be okay, well as okay as anyone else in our globe and in any location that is away from the prevailing westerly winds and of course away from the several kilometer radius of the area.

i don't see it going well at all because i think it's just too much theory and nil enough experience and tech to help us at this point.

all we can do is prep however you can and hope for the best, kind of like the economy eh.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by goou111

has anyone any idea why the worlds governments are not in talks and making concessions with each other to join up all their forces at least for this one time and flush their political crap down the toilet, until we get this sorted, then they can go back to peashooting their rice particles at each other and becoming annoying in the norm...

why???????? that's a loaded question but i'll answer it as best i can. what has happened was never supposed to happen, period. there is no technology, protocol nor anything else for a situation such as this in existence and none in the foreseeable future either.

left with that information you can deduce on your own why no one seems to be gathering up the resources to fix this, because they don't exist at this time. i'm unsure why they chose to "tell on themselves" now because this has been going on since day one, the leaking water, the "purposeful" elimination of seawater back into the ocean as well, when they had no containment set up for the water, when they had break dons in the filtering equipment of the water, they just pumped it back out to sea.

the geology of this area is precarious at best and we are at worst currently. millions of gallons of run off flow to this area from the mountains and they knew quite a while ago that #4 was sinking already from this alone. add up the cooling water being pumped in with the mountain surface and subterranean runoff an you have 6 reactors sitting on a gelatinous geological substrate. liquefaction is a great concern and is happening as we speak, my theory anyway.

brings me to the question of why let the cat out of the bag now, well that's the proverbial 64k question now isn't it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by goou111

Until they come to Mars and do what they did to Earth...

I think the best place is honestly in another dimension...a higher dimension.

The situation in Japan I fear will get a lot worse before it gets any better.

Lets pray that we all don't get turned into mutants before this is over...

Although, that might not be so bad

edit on 20-8-2013 by Quyll because: edit

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Does anyone know a site or a formula I could look at to convert Becquerels to RADS? I'm trying to get my head around what these numbers mean, as far as exposure effects on living tissues. One book I have at home indicates that you can (rule-of-thumb) divide exposures by 3 to see the effects of radiation on fish vs. mammals, that is the fish will only be affected a 1/3 as much by equivalent exposure as a human being. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeanneDArc
Does anyone know a site or a formula I could look at to convert Becquerels to RADS? I'm trying to get my head around what these numbers mean, as far as exposure effects on living tissues. One book I have at home indicates that you can (rule-of-thumb) divide exposures by 3 to see the effects of radiation on fish vs. mammals, that is the fish will only be affected a 1/3 as much by equivalent exposure as a human being. Thank you.

www.physics.isu.edu...

www.physics.isu.edu...
edit on 20-8-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Thank you. Lots of reading ahead. I'm not very good with maths, but I do like to see the numbers for myself. And I *really* do not trust the numbers were getting from TEPCO. But it's a way to at least break it down for myself.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
well they better hurry,,they only have had a couple of years,,too "pool" their resources,,

4 hours ago.
20th August 2013 at 05:41 PM
9.77 miles from Iwaki, Fukushima,
Japan
Magnitude 4.9

largest this month.
edit on 20-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
well they better hurry,,they only have had a couple of years,,too "pool" their resources,,

4 hours ago.
Japan
Magnitude 4.9

largest this month.

nice humor there Bob.

been a while since i seen you doing the do on old fukushima although i'm sure you been keeping an eye on the watered down reports coming from tepco.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

4 hours ago.
Japan
Magnitude 4.9

largest this month.

nice humor there Bob.

I've had help,,

(well since 2011 ,what did u expect?,,
p.s thats me with my hand up,,,duh,,"never volunter", i said.

been a while since i seen you doing the do on old fukushima although i'm sure you been keeping an eye on the watered down reports coming from tepco.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrTritium

The temperature in a thermonuclear explosion is well past the temperature at which radioactivity is sterilized. Wonder if the temperature is high enough, long enough to sterilize those fuel rods when they are vaporized.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

edit on 21-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I can't even take this disaster seriously anymore. In fact, I can't even take mankind seriously anymore.

WHAT A #ING JOKE!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

China says 'shocked' by continuing Japan radiation leaks

China was "shocked" that Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant was still leaking radioactive water two years after it was destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Wednesday.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

4 hours ago.
Japan
Magnitude 4.9

largest this month.

******update*******

Namie, Fukushima, Japan
Magnitude: 4.5
21 August, 2013 at 15:28:03 UTC

Iwaki, Fukushima, Japan
Magnitude: 4.5
21 August, 2013 at 17:20:04 UTC

looks like its following the fault line,,all the way too Fugi.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join