It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speed Trap Disguised as "Air Quality Zone"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was driving westbound on I-94 through Waukesha and Jefferson Counties when I saw an orange "construction" sign that said I was entering an "Air Quality Zone". I've never heard of such a thing. I've never seen such a sign before. I didn't know what to make of it.

Less than a mile down the road two state troopers had pulled over a couple of cars. They didn't appear to be old enough to pollute. My guess is that the "Air Quality Zone" was an "announced" speedtrap akin to those scheduled by the City of Madison PD.

This is really a new twist on the old trick.

Just a heads-up for anyone passing through Wisconsin. They've got funny names for speedtraps now.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Would something like this even be legal? I guess it really wouldn't matter if it isn't, lol. I think we all know by now, law gets what law wants. This kinda reminds me of those signs that say "Speed Enforced By Aircraft". Kind of off topic, but I know in Florida where I live we have those stupid red light cameras that get your tag when you run a light, or don't run one.

Sorry, don't know how to put pics in posts yet, lol.
edit on 19-8-2013 by gikari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Florida does use aircraft to patrol highways for speeders, namely I-75 and I-95 And before someone gets smart, they patrol from the air, not the roadway lol!

As a matter of fact you will see wide white lines painted on the road, They time you between the lines and have units ahead to catch you and ticket you.

edit on 19/8/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

I think I've seen these mainly around Orlando and Ocala area. Probably because they are higher in traffic. Never seen them in Hillsborough though.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you ever get a ticket with an air officer involved and a responding ground unit here is a little thought. ALWAYS fight the ticket as both the air and ground officer have to appear. Hard to get both cops in the same place on the same day. Especially if you request an extension at the courthouse. They don't look at officer schedules at the courthouse so the chance of both officers making it go down significantly. I know this from experience.....

new topics

top topics

join