It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg reveals largest gun seizure ever in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

rt.com

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Monday that his administration has successfully carried out the largest gun seizure in the city’s history.

At a Monday morning press conference, Mayor Bloomberg and Police Department Commissioner Ray Kelly announced that authorities in New York have managed to indict and arrest 19 individuals believed responsible for running an illegal gun pipeline from North Carolina and South Carolina to NYC along the Interstate 95 corridor.

As the result of an undercover investigation, Bloomberg said city officials netted the largest gun bust ever to come o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I know, I know. I don't like to source news primarily from rt.com, but they are certainly quick to post news that is of a contentious nature about the US.

In any case, we have Bloomberg revealing that the largest gun bust has just occurred from a pipeline from the Carolina's intended for New York.

I got a feeling this story is going to be plastered everywhere eventually.

I hope this is not pretext to bring the gun control debate back up..

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

ETA: From the NY Daily news:

The largest seizure of illegal guns in city history will be announced Monday, officials said.

Mayor Bloomberg, NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly and other law enforcement officials will reveal the seizure of about 200 guns at a news conference at Police Headquarters in Manhattan. Nineteen people were arrested in the case.

LINK

This article is a bit more dramatic by adding:

"In about five seconds, you get 32 rounds spraying down the street," a source with knowledge of the bust case said of the gun.

Will this influence public opinion at all? I think the informed ones will not be.
edit on 19-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In a related story, Bloomberg announces large soda seizure ever...

I bet today some thug is smiling as he now gets to be the top gun runner in the area with the capture of his competition.
edit on 8/19/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bloomberg is a total douche. An over hysterical nanny who sees goblins under every bed. Obviously so are the reporters from the article you linked.
From your link;

The seizure also includes two SKS, a semi-automatic Soviet-era rifle. One had a laser-dot sight attached and a suppressor on the front that eliminates flash and smoke to make it harder to tell where the gunman is firing from.

"This SKS will go through a project door, through the next door, through a wall, through the next wall into the next apartment," the source said.

IMO the SKS barely qualifies as an assault weapon. After firing 1000's of rounds through one I purchased years ago the conclusion was that it would be more effective to lob rocks down range at the target.

This is Bloomberg hysteria at it's finest and it's no surprise to see the MSM parroting the party line.. These people are disgusting.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
200 guns? thats hardly anything, and for a city that size it wouldn't really cause a dent so it smells more like PR than any real attempt to control

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I don't like this guy's policies one bit but I have come to appreciate him because his is a perfect example of what happens when one person in government has too much authority. The result are things like those soda pop laws... which has to be one of the most asinine, absurd and petty-tyrannical ever imposed in this nation's history.

So... still in hope that the good people of New York will rise up and depose this little despot, the rest of us now know what to look out for during elections.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, these guns were mostly stolen guns and intended for sale to people who cannot legally acquire a gun. I knew a couple of people who used to sell hot guns at really high prices to those who wanted them. They are both dead now and not by natural causes. That was a long time ago. I doubt if this has changed though, many guns are stolen every day.

I'm sure that the criminals are a little upset about this
Yeah, they probably forgot about these two guys already. Someone will just replace them, they are probably standing in line waiting to make some extra cash.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Something seems Stupid As Hell to me. ... ..

If he is taking all of these ILLEGAL Guns off of the streets, then why does he keep pushing for these Tighter Gun Restrictions?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by MDDoxs

Something seems Stupid As Hell to me. ... ..

If he is taking all of these ILLEGAL Guns off of the streets, then why does he keep pushing for these Tighter Gun Restrictions?

Bloomberg is at the forefront of the gun debate. Representing one of the most populous states in the country he is trying to not only crush weapon distribution, but parrot this busts as reasons for doing so.

I believe he intends to completely restrict gun ownership in the state regardless of the federal mandate.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I think the old boy has a Cold Day In Hell ahead of him.

But really my point is that . .. Does Anyone Not see that this is what is really needed ( taking Illegal Guns Off of the Streets )?

If anything this should be proof that if you eliminate the illegal gun sales that you are reducing the amount of crimes committed with said illegal guns.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A gun trafficking operation between South Carolina and New York only produced 200 guns? How is that even worth the distance for whoever is managing this imaginary operation?

This is garbage. Pure propaganda by the fascist Bloomberg.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

So that they can label currently legal guns illegal to justify more seizures and higher budget funding before they turn around and traffic the seized guns back to the streets to justify even more seizures and even higher budget funding.

This is how the War on Drugs works. The War on Guns will be no different.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Until the next shipment of guns totally replaces all the guns you thought you were confiscating "Bloomberg" . LOL Whats up with Bloomberg having his name on everything coming out of New York. Do New Yorkers really like this guy that much, or is he a tumor that just wont go away. I cant stand that guy his voice is just ear aching

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Whats up with Bloomberg having his name on everything

Reminds me of a German leader 70 or so years ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Of course, this begs the question, if gun laws make New York City such a safe place then why would anyone ever be going through the trouble of smuggling guns to a place where people wouldn't want them? According to them it would be like someone wanting to smuggle swim fins to people who live in the desert.

To me, that would seem that criminals don't give a fried rat's bunghole about whatever gun laws there are which necessarily makes it a criminal problem, not a gun problem, but then again I'm not too bright about such things. I still don't understand how guns cause people to spontaneously commit suicide for no reason like the gun control people keep saying they do.

top topics

join