It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Covert Police or Government Operations May Require Complete ‘Blackout’ Conditions.”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I used the search function, didn't find this, although I have an innate skill for using the wrong words in the search bar, so if this thread exists somewhere else in la-la land on ATS, feel free to discard, mods.

NNNNow, lookie here.

Introducing iCensor: Apple Is Patenting Technology That Will Cripple Its Devices When They Are In the Proximity of ‘A Concert or a Classified Facility’

Via: United States Patent 8,254,902:
As wireless devices such as cellular telephones, pagers, personal media devices and smartphones become ubiquitous, more and more people are carrying these devices in various social and professional settings. The result is that these wireless devices can often annoy, frustrate, and even threaten people in sensitive venues.

^ Source

Very strange. Related article;

Forget Apple’s sycophantic entertainment industry boot licking for a moment. Will agents of the state have a kill switch on recording devices as well? Apparently so.

The patent itself, U.S. Patent #20110128384 uses the phrase, “classified facility” as an example of a venue where the devices would be crippled.

Here is the mentioned patent, along with the second article's source.

Now... I'm terrible at understanding technology, but... does this mean they can EMP-nuke our devices if we're in the wrong place? In certain areas, all cameras and phones get fried, so there's no chance of recording anything?

Some operations require "blackout" conditions...?

You mean, you need the ability to do your dirty work, and make it so its impossible to record, and thereby hold you accountable, for your actions...?

Can it get more obvious that the powers design everything as a pre-cover up?

Just another example...

This is not cool.

edit on 19-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Wow. It used to be yesterday's techno gadgets were less and valuable, but now we're headed into a time where the old stuff, without all this garbage built in, is more and more valuable. There may be some business wisdom here, as stuff like old digital cameras are selling for basically nothing right now, but could be very important in the future.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Wow. It used to be yesterday's techno gadgets were less and valuable, but now we're headed into a time where the old stuff, without all this garbage built in, is more and more valuable. There may be some business wisdom here, as stuff like old digital cameras are selling for basically nothing right now, but could be very important in the future.

Good point! I'm relying on a camera phone myself... I'll have to remember this on my next flea market trip. I totally second this.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I agree with tridentblue, older devices with no wifi built in and newer firmware will be immune to these kill switches.

While it does sound a bit scarey, i think there are PLENTY of ways round such blackout zones with modern tech anyway, it think this is more like something to stop the odds of having something leaked or disturbed during a closed event.

We have had libraries fitted with signal blockers for a while now, why would we care if phones and cameras were disabled automatically during cinema viewings and train rides etc
Yes this tech could be used to black out areas around buildings etc, but only for the masses, for the general public and not all of them and not fool-proof.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is about hypocrisy or how invading the privacy and taking away the rights of others can turn around and bite you in the derriere. Why is it that living in an open society for our own safety is now becoming 'not your safety, more like the safety of those in control, so sorry about the misunderstanding' (sarcasm) Are you getting it now?? State control and yes 'Big Brother' is here.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yes Big Brother is here. While I did not agree with the Una-Bombers methods I did see some sanity to his manifesto.

When I was a kid you could get a ticket in one County and never pay it as long as you did not have any LEO contact in that county again. Then computers and modems allowed three counties to talk instantly and poof no more ignoring tickets in neighboring counties. Then they connected three States, then the world.

Now if you don't pay parking tickets on one side of the Country you might end up getting jailed and transported across the Country in a bus full of real criminals. Happened to my buddy..............

In the "Old Days" that lack of communication probably kept me out of prison. Eventually I grew up and stopped doing stupid stuff and am now a very productive person with a great job that makes other people very happy. In today's computer connected environment I would have never had the chance to grow up and be a human.

Sad really.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A relative of mine works for Apple. He's traveled to the sweatshops in China many a time, and he can barely stomach it now. It is just so bad and shocking the working conditions. 7am-midnight shifts, roads so bad, the workers live on site in tiny tiny housing cramped with workers.

Oh, but we just love Apple! Wonder if the "Jobs" movie will show any gritty truth?

On topic,. keep your old Kodak video camera.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I haven't owned any technology from the fruit guys since the Apple II in the pre-Mac and pre-PC days. Besides being too expensive, their "proprietary" technology is either "substandard" or a minor improvement over someone else's innovative ideas.

Since the NSA revelations from Snowden, we're all informed about the level of cooperation between the gooberment and the fruit technology company.

ganjoa

top topics

join