It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lonliest Whale In The World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

We often whom are lonely ourselves and feel alien to those around us, isolated and alone can most empathise with this being, she is the last of a subspecies identified too late to save from the whalers and her mate has been some ones lunch for scientific purposed of course.

The tears that are cried are as salty as the ocean for whom but one so sad can swim among the ocean of those tears,
The memory's of her pod, her mothers love and her fathers presence are now all that remain while we whom think the world is ours from our evil will never refrain.
But alone she will swim alone and the last.

S+F
It might seem illogical but I feel like wrapping her in my arms.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

My partner often remarks on how I empathize more so with animals than I do with people. I am not arguing that fact given all the horrors and injustices that people commit which make it difficult for me to feel an equal measure of sympathy or empathy in comparison to beings that generally do not cause the tortures perpetrated against them. In truth anyone or anything suffering is a cry in my heart regardless human or animal, after all pain does not discriminate and if anything suffers than I can't help but respond.

When I read about this whale's misfortune in life to drift amidst an ocean the size of a planet alone and with only her own lonely presence it made my heart ache not just for her but for any being that suffers in that way. To live in this reality for the most part is and must revolve around Love or else life seems rather pointless and futile.

Whales are particularly empathic and I do believe emotionally evolved. This must be torture for her and I pray for a happy miraculous ending even though that appears far fetched considering her inability to be heard by her own kind.
edit on 19-8-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

It is not a difficulty of empathy for our fellow man but no matter how big or strong we may be we will always have a fear or lack self consciousness around them that we may not with some animals (not including lions and sharks, snakes etc), and we often knowing our own short comings find that we doubt ourselves more around our fellow man, though maybe that is just me as I always found it hard to communicate and even as a child would dream of a cabin somewhere in the Canadian wilderness away from people (though now I think that would be horrible beyond comprehension as we need human contact), Only family and close friends to whom we can open up too can really provide us with such and when one of those friends betrays your trust there is not much that is harder to forgive.
We are all alone to a degree but it really does vary between people.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Heres an idea, if the whales so damn lonely, why dont scientists simply attach a Solar charged waterproof device that records the whales song and then translates it to the proper frequency then broadcasts it back out to the ocean. Problem solved. Whales sings, gets laid and then it has baby whales to talk to.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her.

I understand other whales might not tune into her song, but is there something wrong with her hearing? Couldn't she seek out a pod of whales to join if she truly was lonely???

Are all mute whales doomed to lonesomeness???

I think she is anti-social or has been exiled for some reason... Maybe its like having "Fran, the Nanny" around... Other whales just can't stand the sound of her voice...

Sometimes, when my girlfriend starts yelling, she hits this pitch and then I wish I couldn't hear her anymore either...

Like that guy in the movie "The Time Being" said...

Women are easier to deal with when you can't hear them

edit on 19-8-2013 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2013 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You'd think with the technology we've got that someone could make her a 'translator' that takes her song and re-transmits at the frequency the other whales can hear at.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

With all the technology we have can't we duplicate the sound at a lower frequency, use underwater speakers, and find this poor girl a date??? Has anyone tried to do anything or is it just one of those stories......

Does anyone know what group or University is tracking her?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

Its evolution and progress. Evolution in that virus will pass bits of DNA across species, especially those species that cohabit closely, since human population is almost at its peak (resources capacity) our genetic heritage gets propagated, even by bacteria that feed on our waste. The other step is some progress in better understanding the other creatures that we share this world with and better yet our place in it...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

That's an interesting point! I'm not really into science, so I never would have considered this. I like the idea of thinking about animal species evolving quickly. The future may be very interesting, if we (as a race) live to see it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
im sure there are more of the turtles, but maybe we can try a surgery on the whale?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

You may have a kick at list by this concept of Uplift if you like to read I did get some fun from some of the books mentioned. The Dean Koontz's novel Watchers (1987) that deals with genetic engineered uplifts of a Golden Retriever named "Einstein" got me to tears at some points...

I already feel very bad from belonging to the human specie, I would be really mortified to explain ourselves to another sentient race.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
A different flavor of kool-aide:

The happiest whale in the world -

At first she seems like a fairly ordinary baleen whale, but scientists have observed that she is a bit more solitary than other baleen whales. Baleen whales typically live solitary lives but do group together when feeding and raising young. She does not. She may not be sexually mature enough to raise offspring yet and may have a unique feeding ritual of her own that doesn't require group help. But there is something more interesting about her. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique, she sings at 52hz. Baleen whale song frequencies span the range of human hearing and beyond. They can produce sounds below and above our range of hearing and studies suggest their hearing spans a similarly wide range. But she has a unique voice, unlike any known species. She may be a unique hybrid, the first of a brand new species of whale soon to be swimming the oceans of the world!

Just imagine that massive mammal, floating along and singing—happy to be alive, doing her own thing. Exploring the oceans of our world as the first of her kind and announcing their arrival with her unique and jubilant song! A song that will soon be heard in oceans around the globe as more of her kind arrive to join in!

Nothing in my interpretation is any less scientifically credible (actually, it's much more scientifically accurate) than the original article was. I was just amazed at how easily so many people just did what the author of that article told them to do - feel sad. With no real hard evidence of anything. How do we know that maybe she can't stand the sound of the other whales and is happier being by herself? Toothed whales generally live in packs, baleen whales are mostly solitary with the exceptions being eating and child rearing, so maybe she's not lonely at all?? How do we know she's the last (sob) of her species? Maybe she's the first? Almost every whale song I've every heard sounds sad but we have no idea at all what emotion, if any, they are trying to convey.

Evidence, data, facts, research. These things allow us to have more accurate and appropriate reactions to events. Not emotion, spin, crisis and fear mongering.

And to be clear, I felt the emotion of the article at first read, but it set my radar off as I could clearly see the author trying hard to manipulate me by throwing in some much unscientific speculation, clearly on purpose.
I can't let myself fall for such manipulation as it leads to rash, hasty decisions that I might regret later.

Source for SCIENTIFIC data:
www.whalewatch.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I want to be her friend..... i feel distraught

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaiju

Just wanted to say I didn't respond that way because any article told me to do so.....didn't even read any article beyond the OP's story.....

I responded like I did simply out of human empathy, from one who knows what it is to be isolated and alone, and feeling as though no one hears my real voice, living without family, without kin, without any connection to any other life that comprehends or appreciates or loves me......

I can understand you point, but don't sell the rest of us short for our responses.

As to the whale's story, and the scientist's tracking her, it occurs to me that what they use to track her with may even have some bearing on the diffferences in Hz she is communicating with, perhaps.......just worthy of a little thought. Not saying any scientist did that to her on purpose with that tracking device they "tagged" her with, but there are things, and layers above the jobs we think we are doing every day, aren't there?
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yes it is and what is more sad is that its becoming more frequent in the animal world, be it US hunting them or disasters like the oil spill and now Japan's nuclear leakage (more like full on fail) the sea is being devastated and sea 'mutants' are forming more often.

This poor whale is just different but now shunned, the world is a horrible place sometimes and now more often than not..

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
She isn’t like any other baleen whale. Unlike all other whales, she doesn’t have friends. She doesn’t have a family. She doesn’t belong to any tribe, pack or gang. She doesn’t have a lover. She never had one. Her songs come in groups of two to six calls, lasting for five to six seconds each. But her voice is unlike any other baleen whale. It is unique—while the rest of her kind communicate between 12 and 25hz, she sings at 52hz. You see, that’s precisely the problem. No other whales can hear her. Every one of her desperate calls to communicate remains unanswered. Each cry ignored. And, with every lonely song, she becomes sadder and more frustrated, her notes going deeper in despair as the years go by.

that what happens when you let the japanese hunt over 95% of all whales in the oceans and nobody to put an end to this cruelty against nature, animal life, sea life.

edit on 21-8-2013 by BristolStew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You and me both! I could hear my heart crack like glass while reading the OP's post. If she can't have whale friends, we should be her friends. I wouldn't mind going to visit her and spending time in the water with her if I lived close enough.

Ugh, now I gotta watch funny videos for an hour just to try to balance things out!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

I've heard good things about those books! I have one of them, um...The Uplift War. But I never got around to reading it for some reason. I'll have to.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

maybe she was injured when a ship ran over her mom and it affected her ability to make normal whale sounds ...

reject
reply to post by greatfriendbadfoe

shipping industry's dirty little secret: they run over whales a lot.

whales have a habit of approaching huge ships and they get plowed over a lot.

whales are road kill.

who the f*** needs the whaling industry?

edit on 17-6-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join