It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Moon Structures. Your expert opinions are invited!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Haha is that a moon inside of the moon?

If so, check mate to u shells4u!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tomra

Hmm yeah that would be good to get a hold of. Any one here that can get us some negatives?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Yeah I do remember hearing that somewhere. If anyone goes to space apparently they need 6 foot thick lead walls to protect them from radiation.
I wonder how the spacewalking astronauts get around this now?

As for not landing on the moon, who knows.
The question that I want truly answered, is why haven't they tried going back?

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
Of course they are all natural "structures". The moon is the most explored and studied heavenly body. Every inch has been examined. There is nothing artificial on the moon. At least, not so visible that somebody looking at Google would find

Ofcourse....there is still the number one structure......let's ignore it though.....
It's always seen on tv......still we won't mention it......it's friggin huge and looks familiar to water towers seen on Earth.....but let's say nothing for now.......

It's right there on tv behind the astronauts backpack......as he steps off the lunar lander......the second or third mission that landed......

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Do u have a pic to help enlighten us?
I can't say I've heard of what you're talking about.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3S33K3R

reply to post by dlbott

No, no they don't need lead. Lead is one of the worst materials you could possibly have to shield you in space.

With Galactic Cosmic Rays, lighter is better, due to bremsstrahlung. It's also fairly easy to stop radiation from a GCR due to the type of radiation it is. A GCR is made up of 99% nuclei of known atoms, with 90% being simple protons, 9% being alpha particles, and 1% being the nuclei of heavier elements. Protons and alpha particles are easy to stop, using secondary shielding, such as the engine, internal components, and fuel cells. Alpha particles on earth can be stopped with simple paper.

If you have lead, or other dense materials, then you get secondary "braking" radiation. The particle enters the shielding material, the particle hits the atoms in the shielding, which then causes them to kick radiation out, which creates more radiation, etc. Eventually you get a ship filled with radiation, that kills the astronauts on board. Lighter material has fewer atoms for secondary radiation to come from.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
dfdf

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
dfdsffd

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
gfhfhhgghgf

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>