It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Warriors; What's your ability?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
oh, how fun. . .totally flying! There are others, but flying. . .indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Flight. Can't quite manage it while awake, but I love to fly in my dreams. The best way I can come up with to describe the effort is when I'm about to fall. I'm off balance and it's like I'm trying to pull myself back upright with my spirit. Something like Chronicles of Riddick with the spirit leading the flesh. You might see people watching a movie where someone is on a ledge about to fall and they're all tensed and seem to be trying to help them pull themselves back up. Something like that.

The funniest instance so far was being in a trailer park with a strong wind blowing. Maybe I watched Toby Keith's Trailerhood video too many times. I kept having to pull really hard to fight against the wind blowing me back, instead of just landing and walking which would have been too easy. But I've never had to fight anyone while flying. Suppose I'd just drop stuff on their heads.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I have always ran very quickly in dreams. If anyone here runs or jogs....when you get the runners furry or what the movie series "Highlander " calls the quickening .....You almost run on all fours....just blinding speed running. I am always running at something in my dreams like an animal. I only once in the real world ran like that.

I can't even describe the feeling...I think If I was clocked at that point I would have broken a speed record. It was unreal.

Also in dreams when I am being faced with "evil" or a deception I seem to confront it and demand to see its light or to show its true self. I again can't describe the feeling but I know where I got the idea from in part. You know how Mardok is described in Babylonian texts as having a brilliant and blinding light when facing Tiamat...well I imagine that and a combination of "faith" light of spirit melting away facades and enemies alike.....

The last time I remember bringing it forth was at an image of the devil in the form of my daughter and trying to make me accept some twisted logic towards the end of accepting my own evil.

I at one point was so enraged by my daughters image being used for something wrong that I "flamed on" and kept demanding to see its light....."where is your light!" I kept asking until I like burned it all away saying "this light, this light!". I woke up from that dream in all my furry ready to pounce.....

I also like to imagine all points in the universe converging on me and being in a state that is everywhere in space and time. Like being part of the fabric of space time. Its pretty cool. I love those dreams ....the things I see would need a poet to describe them....so beautiful.

I love dreams. I see them as a form of maximum self. A voice of the true self.

edit on 20-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Originally posted by filledcup

the body is naturally inclined to master meditation. and meditation is sleeping(while awake).. and sleep is practice for death. which we all must do.

edit on 20-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

I can relate to that, although I could care less what Jesus wants. Jose to for that matter

edit on 20-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

remember i said ur only scratching the surface. ur going to need a bit more than that to actually exit the cuccoon as a butterfly. the light is granted by a Supreme Spiritual consciousness which judges ur heart. ud do well not to be disrespectful.

hopefully u will learn. ur journey is just beginning.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ContactME

5 years lurking and i still haven't met the 20 post min. for u2u haha! that aside, a good 8 hours of sleep a night and Meditation is how you get in. and making connections. the way I think it works is like the internet, thousands of servers all interconnected with a constant wifi, only your the server. so the best way to see more I assume would be finding more web addresses per say. to find me? look for Ion, Aameth, or Tyr. superego, ego, and id. I'm like a blind man with a bazooka with this stuff, so who knows whose in charge. but one of the names should elicit something. Not nearly as easy as a phone call sadly.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My dreams vary. Too much for me to type.

But my abilities are usually the same ones.

1 - Flying. A more common one, and one of the funnest things you could ever experience... in every dream, I have this ability, and in most of them, at some point, I use it. Its not an effortless flying, though... its like, having psychic abilities. You have to use your mind, and use your body properly, otherwise it doesn't work... in fact, I've been flying a few times in my dreams and I almost fall out of the sky after losing concentration. This results in me *swimming* through the air, attempting to withhold my height.

2 - Element bending. Like the show, Avatar; The Last Airbender. This one is slightly more rarely occurring in my dreams, because I'm not always fighting in my dreams... but usually, if I bend elements and use them in any way, I have the ability to bend more than one, meaning that I would be the Avatar. In fact, I recently had a lucid dream that I WAS the Avatar after meditating and opening my chakras. I was a fierce fire-nation Avatar, still a crazy woman (just like in real life), only I had very long black hair with red streaks. I drew a picture of this, because after burning a police officer alive, I was able to see myself from a third person. It was awesome.

3 - Parkour. I am always a master at parkour in my dreams... and I used to be a master of it as a little kid. I don't get the chance to do it very often now, but when I do, sometimes I surprise myself. I'm about as amazing as I am in my dreams, but it draws a line whenever I get the urge to fly or bend elements.

Also, I am always a freedom fighter leading the resistance in my dreams.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

That's probably why I'm the Avatar... *restoring peace and balance to the world.*

Aaaaaanywho, that's my basic dream ability description.

edit on 20-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typos

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

Pretty sure you just missed my point....

A name is a name. By putting a Christian slant to spirituality doesn't do it any justice. Instead, it gets clouded behind dogma.

I'm a very spiritual creature and I owe my life to the divine. In fact i had a recent run in with the divine (Shiva) on June 3rd this year actually and yes I was required to destroy my ego.

But as you said, I do still have much to learn but I am thrice the man i used to be.

Stay sacred.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
They call me Blind Melon Chitlin'

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Dream abilities?

Depends on the dream...or if its a dream or something else...
As for abilities - only those that are given to do whatever is needed.

Heh, dunno, I'm no Dream Warrior, just a servant of *something* (insert whatever term, phrase, understanding, word you want there) like so many others.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Thanks for sharing. If I've learned nothing else from this thread its that no matter how different we all are, the varying experiences, some similar, some grossly different, in the dream state our dreams and abilities reflect the commonality of us all.

Big, small, black, white, Christian, Muslim, or otherwise our dreams should remind us that we are the same and we are all one. We all put pants on in the morning the same way and like our dreams they are the same with only the slightest of changes to account for style.

Yet we just can't stop waring with each other. Don't figure. We must really hate ourselves....meh I suppose that's an entirely different thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by filledcup

Pretty sure you just missed my point....

A name is a name. By putting a Christian slant to spirituality doesn't do it any justice. Instead, it gets clouded behind dogma.

I'm a very spiritual creature and I owe my life to the divine. In fact i had a recent run in with the divine (Shiva) on June 3rd this year actually and yes I was required to destroy my ego.

But as you said, I do still have much to learn but I am thrice the man i used to be.

Stay sacred.

i understand.. but my hint wasnt geared towards the name Jesus. just that you should recognize that there is a Supreme Spiritual Consciousness. dont become conceited as some and attempt to enjoy the blessing of the spirit while claiming there is no God. that's just my advice take it or leave it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14

If I ever come across someone standing by their car watching the trains cross, I'll be sure to say Hi. Maybe even challenge you to a race. Lol.
I'll be the one climbing out the backseat of a driver-less car wearing really stupid clothes.

As long as we stayed away from train tracks, I'd win that race!

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join