It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Your Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"The Teachings of The Bible and the teachings of the Pope are totally different"(Quote from "Tares Among The Wheat")

I just wanted to post these two very informative documentaries about the translation of The Holy Bible into English and other languages from the Latin, and the way the Catholic Church, through the Jesuits and others, tried to supress the Protestant Reformation.

This is an on going "conspiracy" in Scriptural Translation. The Catholic Church has still not given in.

Also, The Jesuits have been more active in shaping our modern world than you might think. Through clandestine acts and assassinations they have had a direct influence upon shaping modern civilization; from counter reformation tactics to The Inquisition, instigating revolutions and support for The Third Reich.

This matters because it is a war still active and being waged. The documentaries are both almost 3 hours long, but to anyone seriously interested in how we interpret Scripture and the power struggles that go hand in hand with belief systems, there is very valuable information here and it will arm you against any attempted deception by those whose interest it is to have "their" version dominate.

This huge documentary is so worth while for understanding the significance and importance of Bible translation to justify certain religious doctrines and practises like the unholy veneration of The Virgin Mary to a pagan goddess and the doctrine of penance to the Pope (buying forgiveness), when it is written so obviously in correct Gospel translation that Christ's crucifixion was the only sacrifice to redeem us from sin. This matters and there are plans to change The Holy Bible in future translations to be more sympathetic to Catholic dogma, to omit Revelations and change the word anti-Christ to the phrase "enemy of Christ".

Be on guard true believers. The Battle continues!

edit on 18-8-2013 by Revolution9 because: punctuation

edit on 18-8-2013 by Revolution9 because: inclusion of quote.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I was born and raised Catholic and my involvement in that church ended after I began to actually read the Bible, and all consideration for it ended after reading the Catechism and comparing it with the Bible.

The Catholic church (in my opinion) is no more Christian in nature than the Mormon church, the Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Church of Scientology for that matter.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i was thinking of watching the YT video instead of golf

but the YT videos would not go 'full screen' and they were just screwy &^ not worth the effort to try to watch...

i am back to my adult beverages & golf on a sunday

adios

the Films/videos were produced by:

Abdullah M Films huh.... think thats a wheat or a tare ?

me thinks this stuff has Muslim Spin on the hisory of the western version of Christianity
edit on 18-8-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm going to let everyone in on something will happen. Jesus will walk and judge mankind and in doing so he will try to expose himself to mankind. Because he will not have alien technology or anything remotely miraculous to the modern world he will most likely be disregarded as a false prophet.

Since the bible warns us of false prophets which have walked the earth although they were the steps of the ladder leading up to the big guy. When he comes we won't believe it because we believe the only way this guy will be real is if he does things that don't make sense in our understanding of physical universe.

Which leads us back to ancient aliens. If the man walked on water it was a simple hologram. We read through out history odd events happening like for example Constantine. It's clear to me aliens used technological devices that had never been known or understood by mankind. To put the people they want in power and what have you. they have altered the events through out history since our creation.

With this being said mankind will be judged on knowing who there savior is without these aliens making it obvious. The elites will know who he is. But it's up to the common man to accept him. If they do they get a king who unites the world if they don't they get a tyrant that burns them to ashes.

Revelations is nothing more then a pagan story on how the NWO comes into being under christ.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

I was born and raised Catholic and my involvement in that church ended after I began to actually read the Bible, and all consideration for it ended after reading the Catechism and comparing it with the Bible.

The Catholic church (in my opinion) is no more Christian in nature than the Mormon church, the Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Church of Scientology for that matter.

It is a very sad thing that we get duped so constantly! I just read it for myself and make my own mind up.

Christ said don't call anyone Father except El Shaddai! The Pope is called "Holy Father" and his priests referred to as "Father". I smelled a rat many years ago, too.

There is definitely something sinister at work today. People are being led to believe that Scripture is all corrupted. I wonder who's interest it is in to do that? The Church of England is now in the grip of the Papacy once again and all others being persuaded into a unity.

The very word "Church" is translated from Circe

meaning of Circe; " An enchantress who lived with her wild animals on the island of Aeaea and who turned Odysseus's crew into swine".

How apt!

Vicar means substitute;

"vicarious [vɪˈkɛərɪəs vaɪ-]
adj
1. obtained or undergone at second hand through sympathetic participation in another's experiences

2. suffered, undergone, or done as the substitute for another vicarious punishment

3. delegated vicarious authority

4. taking the place of another"

TAKING THE PLACE OF ANOTHER!!!

Words are everything and people are led and misled by words. Thoughts are thought with words. Be careful of words.

The true name of what the west refers to as "Jesus" is Yahushua (Joshua). That is His name. Jesus was a name invented by man and the result of too much translation.

I will call Him Yahushua!

Idols and relics have no place in the true New Covenant.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

"Idols and relics have no place in the true new covenant"

You don't know exactly what your talking about!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
You know, it always amazes me how some people think they know the absolute truth to what is going to happen regarding the mysteries of the bible. It simply cannot be so. I was raised Catholic and have a big problem with their changing of scripture, throwing certain books out, and changing some scripture. Not only that, but one thing really sticks in my craw, papal infallibility. That is when the pope speaks on doctrine whatever he says is supposed to be the word of God and you are supposed to accept that he cannot make a mistake. Well, *cough cough* that is complete BS! No man is perfect and he is not some PA for God's word or doctrine.

Infallibility belongs in a special way to the pope as head of the bishops (Matt. 16:17–19; John 21:15–17). As Vatican II remarked, it is a charism the pope "enjoys in virtue of his office, when, as the supreme shepherd and teacher of all the faithful, who confirms his brethren in their faith (Luke 22:32), he proclaims by a definitive act some doctrine of faith or morals. Therefore his definitions, of themselves, and not from the consent of the Church, are justly held irreformable, for they are pronounced with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, an assistance promised to him in blessed Peter."

The infallibility of the pope is not a doctrine that suddenly appeared in Church teaching; rather, it is a doctrine which was implicit in the early Church. It is only our understanding of infallibility which has developed and been more clearly understood over time. In fact, the doctrine of infallibility is implicit in these Petrine texts: John 21:15–17 ("Feed my sheep . . . "), Luke 22:32 ("I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail"), and Matthew 16:18 ("You are Peter . . . ").

Here is a source on Papal Infallibility if you wish to understand it:
Source is Catholic

The bible says there will be many false prophets and even ones that come in the name of Jesus. This is already happening around the world. People following some guy that claims he is Christ. But, the bible clearly states when you will know it is Jesus himself arriving. For example: He will be seen in the West and the East as lightning is seen. So, he won't just appear at some speaking event and claim to be Jesus. When he returns, the people will know it. Now I will probably be flamed and attacked, but it bothers me not. You would be surprised to know what I really believe.

I have done research on world religions since 1986 when I was in college. I have forgotten more than I remember and to each his own. I just wanted to point a couple of things out and as I said above, these people that think they can tell you what happens after death, or concerning the return of Jesus and what will happen are nothing more that guessing or making an educated guess based on their readings and understandings. I will not push anyone to believe what I do. But, I did die twice in my life. I had body bags actually called for me and had my last rites a third time. But, I am still here after I was sent back. Again, there are people that know the experience and those that will argue there is nothing after death no matter the FACT they cannot know by experience or otherwise! Good luck with this thread. I usually never get involved because of all the uneducated bantering of people’s beliefs. It breaks down into a thread that does not serve anyone usually.

edit on 18/8/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This is why this stuff matters to the U.S and all states of the world.

There are reasons why they do homage to the Pope;

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Heres why you cannot deny the 2nd coming:

Head Alien/God Head: Holds the bigger gun! Fate of the planet is in the hands of a more advanced species.

Judgement is not on sin: Sodom and Gomorrah. Had the people shown the angels hospitality as a collective people they would have been saved. Hospitality is a matter of intelligence. Ignorance made them judgmental and hostile. They didn't have the intelligence to act like someone with some sense. Basically the judgment is on Intellect.

Because the judgement boils down to intellect as we will also bring up the story of Noah. Primitive species got wiped out so that the new and improved mankind could take hold without polluted gene pool. Thus making the species more intelligent.

Being judged on intelligence means we understand there is a brain behind it all and he walks among the Earth. Being intelligent means we unite under this guy and open the 4 pillars to the universe thus making mankind more acceptable throughout the cosmos.

Only until mankind as a collective consciousness comes together under one man will mankind face destruction.

Think about there is a reason the guy is called the way. The reason is he controls everything. When it's time to be judged it will be him who tells aliens what to do. Why? Because they also have to unite under him. It all has to be one brain or the infections will be cleaned out.

Anything against christ and unity is considered infection.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
You know, it always amazes me how some people think they know the absolute truth to what is going to happen regarding the mysteries of the bible. It simply cannot be so. I was raised Catholic and have a big problem with their changing of scripture, throwing certain books out, and changing some scripture. Not only that, but one thing really sticks in my craw, papal infallibility. That is when the pope speaks on doctrine whatever he says is supposed to be the word of God and you are supposed to accept that he cannot make a mistake. Well, *cough cough* that is complete BS! No man is perfect and he is not some PA for God's word or doctrine.

Here is a source on Papal Infallibility if you wish to understand it:
Source is Catholic

the bible says there will be many false prophets and even ones that come in the name of Jesus. This is already happening around the world. People following some guy that claims he is Christ. But, the bible clearly states when you will know it is Jesus himself arriving. For example: He will be seen in the West and the East as lightning is seen. So, he won't just appear at some speaking event and claim to be Jesus. When he returns, the people will know it. Now I will probably be flamed and attacked, but I it bothers me not. You would be surprised to know what I really believe.

I have done research on world religions since 1986 when I was in college. I have forgotten more than I remember and to each his own. I just wanted to point a couple of things out and as I said above, these people that think they can tell you what happens after death, or concerning the return of Jesus and what will happen are nothing more that guessing or making an educated guess based on their readings and understandings. I will not push anyone to believe what I do. But, I did die twice in my life. I had body bags actually called for me and had my last rites a third time. But, I am still here after I was sent back. Again, there are people that know the experience and those that will argue there is nothing after death no matter the FACT they cannot know by experience or otherwise! Good luck with this thread. I usually never get involved because of all the uneducated bantering of people’s beliefs. It breaks down into a thread that does not serve anyone usually.

edit on 18/8/13 by spirit_horse because: typo

Great reply! You KNOW for sure. Behind the scenes power goes on as it always had since the days of the Roman empire. The Roman Empire is still here in another form. The whole European Union is part of it. Rev. Ian Paisley was punched in the face in the European Parliament for calling the Pope during a visit there the Anti-Christ!!!

Poor us! We just get battered, burned and tossed from power to power without knowing who or why!

These documentaries are great. A real eye opener about the history of the Papacy.

They wanted the masses never to hear The Scriptures; just do as they are told by a Priest reciting words they did not understand in another language. Depriving people the knowledge of The Gospel and what it communicated. They hated the reformation because people could at last know what the Scripture really said and how the Catholic Church contradicted The WORD so blatantly.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Don't forget their teaching of transubstantiation in which the Eucharist is physically transformed into the literal flesh and blood of Christ when the Priest blesses it.

This practice is the re-crucifixion of Christ over and over again. Which of course flies in the face of Christ dying once for all mankind.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Interesting you posted this response as I was speaking about the very same thing just a couple of days ago. I was placed in a Catholic school and discovered how truly UN-Christian it is. Even as a child I felt a distinct Godlessness present and if anything I felt the arms of The Brotherhood there - the organized brotherhood of the system that is.

Although the people were lovely they were utterly mislead and simply not following a truth but instituted in that UN-illuminated cog in the wheel. I recall having conversations asking about The Word and it was clear to me that they did not know The Word. I went as far as grade 8 and begged to go to a public high school. The only thing I recall which felt right was The Lord's Prayer prior to class starting and at the end of the day.

In my experience Catholicism and Christianity are complete opposites and what Catholicism has taken out of Christianity and has in common with it has been utilized for power, dominion and control for clandestine purposes in association with the fallen legion power of this world, that purposely has been hidden from society at large for a designated date with destiny soon coming.

At which point the great Novus Ordo Mundi will rear its ugly head in the great deception that will take over the planet. Catholicism is only one part of that great agenda that has been in the works since the 4th century A.D. if not earlier. (The Council of Nicea 323 A.D. - birth of the Illuminati Jesuits followed).

The Jesuits were designed to be a military religious order of the Roman Catholic Church. One powerful weapon all interconnected to TPTB, paving the way even in the sacrifice of blood and especially so in order to ensure the appointment with destiny - the shining star of the UN-illuminated under the guise of the one great religion of the world.

edit on 18-8-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Luckily for me, my family was too poor to afford a Catholic school, I guess the Lord really does work in mysterious ways.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

In the first documentary it says that a conservative estimate of people who were murdered during the Inquisition was 50 million plus.

The Catholic Church has done such evil on the earth. They have burned women and heretics, exterminated all the competition and systematically abused children. Know them by their fruit. They have supported Dictators. It is even thought that Jesuits had a part in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.

The Jesuits are the henchmen. Their history is literally abominable. The evidence is staring us in the face historically!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Then if you believe that any man made book is the word of God you should read the Torah (Jewish texts) since they predate by far any other Bible (and the Koran) that Abrahamic religions are derived from, from that "original work". I can really understand people that think that a God needed to God trough all those loops to let its creation know about him and whit that low level of possible reliability (almost nil).

edit on 18-8-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

Interesting you posted this response as I was speaking about the very same thing just a couple of days ago. I was placed in a Catholic school and discovered how truly UN-Christian it is. Even as a child I felt a distinct Godlessness present and if anything I felt the arms of The Brotherhood there - the organized brotherhood of the system that is.

Although the people were lovely they were utterly mislead and simply not following a truth but instituted in that UN-illuminated cog in the wheel. I recall having conversations asking about The Word and it was clear to me that they did not know The Word. I went as far as grade 8 and begged to go to a public high school. The only thing I recall which felt right was The Lord's Prayer prior to class starting and at the end of the day.

In my experience Catholicism and Christianity are complete opposites and what Catholicism has in taken out of Christianity and has in common with it has been utilized for power, dominion control for clandestine purposes in association with the fallen legion power of this world, that purposely has been hidden from society at large for a designated date with destiny soon coming.

At which point the great Novus Ordo Mundi will rear its ugly head in the great deception that will take over the planet. Catholicism is only one part of that great agenda that has been in the works since the 4th century A.D. if not earlier. (The Council of Nicea 323 A.D.)

edit on 18-8-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

I believe that, too. The Catholic Church is definitely a part of The World Government coming. All the pieces add up.

I worry because they are winning. Now it is all a wish wash of faithless humanism and liberalism. They are hot for their agenda while people are so worn out and tired.

Well whatever will be will be. I have every faith that The WORD will survive and will overcome them as it is written. Just a shame we have had to and will have to live through the darkness of these current earthly powers under the control of that Old Serpent (you know who I mean).

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

Then if you believe that any man made book is the word of God you should read the Torah (Jewish texts) since they predate by far any other Bible (and the Koran) that Abrahamic religions are derived from, from that "original work". I can really understand people that think that a God needed to God trough all those loops to let its creation know about him and whit that low level of possible reliability (almost nil).

This thread is about the Catholic church, which professes to hold the Bible as the word of God and yet teaches dogmas that go counter to it, not about whether the Bible is a "man made" book, or old enough in your estimation to be considered as God's word, or man's.

Not all Bible believers are backward, mouth breathers, some of them has the ed-ju-macation.

As an aside, all science books were written by man, just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11

I believe totally in TORAH. All the way from Abraham to The Messiah.

It is and always has been an impossible situation. We are at the mercy of evil in the world. We get found out during our lives where our hearts are at. I am given a place in their trash can in this world because I do not believe in it. I would still rather live like this than be deceived.

I admit I have a long way to go. I am a mess. But I am trying. I know my shortcomings and as I learn I become less deceived.

I feel the shame and the pain. I am more afraid of YAHUAH Elohim than any man. I guess that is what it means to fear HIM who can destroy our souls much more than they who can only destroy the body.

These past weeks I have been learning just how gruesome History really is. The carnage is constant through history. The history of the Reformation and The Inquisition has really woken me up. I did not know about this in such detail before.

The Codex Sinaiticus and The Codex Vaticanus were fraudulent attempts to usurp the original Greek manuscripts in a effort to supplant those and to take their place as the most reliable sources for Scripture. The documentaries discuss this.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
but one thing really sticks in my craw, papal infallibility

Yeah, that's another dogma that is utterly ridiculous. The scripture pointed to regarding apostolic succession (Matthew 16:16-18) is yet another one that is woefully misinterpreted, either purposefully, or accidentally.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Have you heard about this:

The Catholic Church and Islam

I read it from another source some years ago how The Catholic Church helped to set up Islam for their own selfish motives at the time. It is an intriguing account.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join