It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins is a super coward

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

You've been fooled again by our media.

The article reports that a few evangelical Christians were giving speeches on homosexuality in Uganda. Homosexuality is a dangerous lifestyle according to mortality rates/stats.

They extrapolated that miniscule event into: "Christians are aiding the gay execution bill in Uganda"

It would be no different than these people preaching against cigarette smoking. No Christian person wants to see gays suffer. We are to love them; but there is nothing wrong with showing the potential pitfalls of a given lifestyle.

When in reality:

Disgrace of the Church

Pope gives blessing in Uganda

Catholicism hard at work

Ugandans, Saudia Arabians, and Nigerians certainly would be. I personally am not, though, because I have protection in this country to speak my mind about them. In an intellectual debate, they lose 100% of the time. I'm happy to see Christians street-preaching; mmmmm, fresh meat.

Catholics and/or groups who are being attacked unprovked by Muslims

I would love to speak with you. I could make you feel worse than an ignorant hillbilly racist for trying to ruin peoples faith. Faith is very important to people, even if you'd only say it was only on a utilitarian level for purpose/well-being

Nobody would have to. Have you ever heard of this lovely church called Westboro Baptist, as well?

You love falling for media tricks. Westborough Baptist has like 40 members from two whole families. Hardly significant to anyone except people who read the "news" hha

I personally am not, though, because I have protection in this country to speak my mind about them

You're not afraid of them because they're harmless and you know it. I've been to a ton of Christian churches and violence has never once been advocated. EVER. Loving others is ALWAYS advocated.

Also, I'd venture to guess that I know ~100x more about scripture than you do and I've never gotten any violent thoughts from reading it. I usually walk away from the Bible in an incredibly optimistic and sheep-like condition. Far from violence or hatred. It just simply does not condone that type of thing.

edit on 28-9-2013 by sdb93awd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

In Bosnia and Herzegovina alone over 100K people, mostly civilian died by hand of Christian extremists/terrorists. If you don't count Africa, where you go way past 1 million... but I guess your and my definition of word 'terrorist' have different meanings...

You have a hard time differentiating between terrorists and people who are protecting themselves.

They do have to try and kill the terrorists you know........otherwise the terrorists would surely slaughter them all.

An example of this would be the events in Syria. We are blaming the Syrians for trying to eradicate al-queida even though these "rebels" have stated that they would slaughter every Christian in the country if they siezed power. We are mad at the Syrian government for commiting these "atrocities" against terrorists.......doesn't make sense. Should people just sit there and die?

Christians(not Catholics) will not attack anybody unprovoked and they will not start holy wars. There is no justification for it in scripture. .

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You are talking about things that you have no knowledge off. It must have been professional deformation by now...

In Bosnia and Herzegovina alone, Serbs - Orthodox Christians were making ethnic cleaning - meaning destroying all evidence of people who used to be their neighbors, but were not the same religion as them.

They created concentration camps, destroyed all religious object of all non-orthodox and are still trying to annex part of B&H to Serbia.

What do you know about holy wars?

edit on 28-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You are talking about things that you have no knowledge off

Show me one thing that I've said that isn't true

In Bosnia and Herzegovina alone, Serbs - Orthodox Christians were making ethnic cleaning - meaning destroying all evidence of people who used to be their neighbors, but were not the same religion as them.

Who started the antagonization? If extremist Muslims tried to take over my city and kill every Christian, I'd want to "ethnically/religiously" cleanse them as well because unprovoked violence has no place in society.

They created concentration camps, destroyed all religious object of all non-orthodox and are still trying to annex part of B&H to Serbia.

Who started the antagonization?

I'll give you a hint..........it wasn't an unprovoked Christian attack on Muslims

Just like in Syria. Christians and Muslims lived next to one another for two thousand years with no issues. Muslim extremists move in and slaughter Christians unprovoked.............and now we have an issue in Syria.

The media will paint Assad as the bad guy when all he ever wanted was protect the status quo. The "rebels" are violent Muslim extremists hell bent on destroying unbelievers; Christians especially.

Knowing about the Bible and Quran makes it easier for me to decipher what's going on.

Ignorance on these books will make it impossible......because tptb have agendas that they wont reveal to you in the "news"

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Richard Dawkins is doing the exact same thing that hillbillies used to do.

He's attacking something of utmost importance(even more so than racial identification) out of pure ignorance and attempting to marginalize it.

He is worse than a racist.

Faith and belief is more valuable to people than their skin color; and every single one of his attacks is unfounded or aimed at the weakest members of the group.......just like racist people do.

The "belief" that he is attacking has provided life changing power to many afflicted souls.

A conversion to atheism, like Dawkins obviously wants, will never be the CRUX for an individual to overcome drug addiction/anger/depression/lust/etc.

Whereas any study will show you that "belief" plays a significant role in the reformation of many former addicts/degenerates(AA)

What is wrong with a pure, unadulterated(by religion) belief in a loving God?

Why are the loving words of Jesus Christ being attacked?

Who is a better role model than Jesus Christ?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

sdb93awd
Show me one thing that I've said that isn't true

Who started the antagonization? If extremist Muslims tried to take over my city and kill every Christian, I'd want to "ethnically/religiously" cleanse them as well because unprovoked violence has no place in society.

Complete non-sense... No one attacked Serbs, except they first shortly attacked Slovenia, moved to Croatia, where they waged war for year and half, and then did the same to Bosnia and Hercegovina, followed by Kosovo. (that is where they finally got stopped by west world and bombed in end of 20th century)

This happened just 20 years ago and you already have NO IDEA what really happen and are telling things that have nothing to do with real evidence. No wonder you think miracles were happening 2000 years ago...

You can see who did genocide and disproportionate numbers of war criminals, including Serbian president at time - Slobodan Milosevic, B&H Serbian president Karadzic and war criminal Maldic being prosecuted for war crimes in Hague for not stopping as what become to be known last genocide in Europe in 20th century.

sdb93awdWho started the antagonization?

I'll give you a hint..........it wasn't an unprovoked Christian attack on Muslims

As I said before, apparantly you have no idea what you are talking about... I will give you a hint - small city/village in North/West Bosnia - called 'Kozarac'. There was 1 orthodox church, minor Serbian population. After war started, no one touched any of Serbs, church was still there after Serbian flattened village and killed and sent to concentration camps most of males.

Or let me ask you, who was killed in Srebrenica, another village of about 30K population, where more then 10K people were killed AFTER being captured. All done by extremist Christians.

Get some sense in yourself and stop talking about things that apparently you see differently from rest of world.

sdb93awd
Just like in Syria. Christians and Muslims lived next to one another for two thousand years with no issues. Muslim extremists move in and slaughter Christians unprovoked.............and now we have an issue in Syria.

One more thing where you far from reality...

sdb93awd
The media will paint Assad as the bad guy when all he ever wanted was protect the status quo. The "rebels" are violent Muslim extremists hell bent on destroying unbelievers; Christians especially.

sdb93awd
Knowing about the Bible and Quran makes it easier for me to decipher what's going on.

Ignorance on these books will make it impossible......because tptb have agendas that they wont reveal to you in the "news"

From above I can just assume that you are learning history and read news from Bible... Do you even live on earth?

If you ever read either one (which now I fully doubt), you would know that Qur'an and Bible are essentially very similar, just another c/p of religious material, very similar as what happened with Bible and Mesopotamia... just plagiarism...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Complete non-sense... No one attacked Serbs, except they first shortly attacked Slovenia, moved to Croatia, where they waged war for year and half, and then did the same to Bosnia and Hercegovina, followed by Kosovo. (that is where they finally got stopped by west world and bombed in end of 20th century)

You can see who did genocide and disproportionate numbers of war criminals, including Serbian president at time - Slobodan Milosevic, B&H Serbian president Karadzic and war criminal Maldic being prosecuted for war crimes in Hague for not stopping as what become to be known last genocide in Europe in 20th century.

You're choosing to be ignorant. It's clear to me that you rely on the "news" for your information.

The muslims were terrorizing Serbia. They were moving in, burning churches, commiting rape/murder etc of the native Serbs.

It's almost the same thing that we're seeing in Syria; but again, you choose to be ignorant.

The world has an agenda and you can clearly see what's happening in the middle east. All of these countries that we "help" are being taken over by Muslim fundamentalists. This is clearly a problem as they vow to slaughter all unbelievers of Islam.

Try reading something other than CNN someday............watch Charlie Rose's interview with Assad for starters

Or let me ask you, who was killed in Srebrenica, another village of about 30K population, where more then 10K people were killed AFTER being captured. All done by extremist Christians.

Same exact issue as above. The "news" really has you twisted up man.

Get some sense in yourself and stop talking about things that apparently you see differently from rest of world.

Well, I don't put much stock in mainstream news sources like you seem to do

From above I can just assume that you are learning history and read news from Bible... Do you even live on earth?

The way current events are unfolding makes all the sense in the world to me.

If you ever read either one (which now I fully doubt), you would know that Qur'an and Bible are essentially very similar, just another c/p of religious material, very similar as what happened with Bible and Mesopotamia... just plagiarism...

They are not similar.
edit on 29-9-2013 by sdb93awd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

There is a lot of faith believing in evolution and the big bang theory as well.
Many answers science cant hope to ever give

Are you really so sure about that? That's an arrogant statement. I'm sure you'd much rather us give up hope of finding actual answers entirely and stick with creationism. I guess a sense of significance, however ill-founded, more than makes up for the ignorance.
edit on 29-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Are you really so sure about that? That's an arrogant statement

You don't think there's any faith in believing the current grand evolutionary tale?

All the way from abiogenesis to the development of the human nervous system?

There's no faith at all in that?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sdb93awd

You don't think there's any faith in believing the current grand evolutionary tale?

All we have right now are theories. Give us a better theory than evolution and you might have something worth arguing about.

There's no faith at all in that?

You could say the process of studying evolution is us chipping away at the faith we've invested in it. And for every piece of faith that falls away, we put a fact in its place. And the mere fact that this process is occurring is the reason we adhere to evolutionary theory. We've proven, time and again, that evolution is a worthwhile investment. Even if we find out we were wrong, we're learning something new. Something solid and tangible, a cold hard fact that increases our understanding of the world.

That's more than we can say for creationism.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Give us a better theory than evolution and you might have something worth arguing about.

The creation account doesn't contradict observable science

You could say the process of studying evolution is us chipping away at the faith we've invested in it. And for every piece of faith that falls away, we put a fact in its place. And the mere fact that this process is occurring is the reason we adhere to evolutionary theory. We've proven, time and again, that evolution is a worthwhile investment. Even if we find out we were wrong, we're learning something new. Something solid and tangible, a cold hard fact that increases our understanding of the world.

You do not that a lot of the "theoretical possibilities"(abiogenesis, sequential multi-point mutations, etc) are horrible explanations right?

They aren't even remotely close to finishing the story.

Also, it's irrelevant to any sort of belief. That's kinda the whole point of this thread.

People use this infant theory on existence to try and disprove belief. It's cute.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The creation account doesn't contradict observable science

Please explain how creationism is scientifically compatible.

You do not that a lot of the "theoretical possibilities"(abiogenesis, sequential multi-point mutations, etc) are horrible explanations right?

All of the creationist stories I've heard are a hundred times worse. People keep wanting to trade a bucket of manure for an ocean of piss.

They aren't even remotely close to finishing the story.

Also, it's irrelevant to any sort of belief. That's kinda the whole point of this thread.

People use this infant theory on existence to try and disprove belief. It's cute.

So instead of improving our rational explanations, you'd rather go fully irrational. Trading the bucket for the ocean. I would say it's cute, but it isn't.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Please explain how creationism is scientifically compatible.

The creation account couldn't possibly be more vague. It does not dictate a timeline or a methodology for creation as we see it.

All of the creationist stories I've heard are a hundred times worse. People keep wanting to trade a bucket of manure for an ocean of piss.

All a creationists believe is that an intelligent designer may have played a role in our existence/development. This does not contradict science and not many creationists attempt to dictate what actually occured; unless they are crazy. It's up in the air and it's irrelevant to the idea of belief in a higher power.

Even Richard Dawkins admitted that alien intervention or "seeding" is a definite possibility. That's intelligent design.

So instead of improving our rational explanations, you'd rather go fully irrational. Trading the bucket for the ocean. I would say it's cute, but it isn't.

Science has clearly observed a few things. Nobody is discounting observable scientific evidence.

The point is that these rational explanations/theoretical possibilites are of no meaning to belief in intelligent design; something that Dawkins and his minions attempt to marginalize via the theory of evolution.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Even Richard Dawkins admitted that alien intervention or "seeding" is a definite possibility. That's intelligent design.

Still nothing to do with a god, which is the prevalent opposition to evolution.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Still nothing to do with a god, which is the prevalent opposition to evolution.

This is the whole point.

What does God have to do with evolutionary theory?

Why do people think the two are mutually exclusive?

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

sdb93awd
You're choosing to be ignorant. It's clear to me that you rely on the "news" for your information.

The muslims were terrorizing Serbia. They were moving in, burning churches, commiting rape/murder etc of the native Serbs.

It's almost the same thing that we're seeing in Syria; but again, you choose to be ignorant.

The world has an agenda and you can clearly see what's happening in the middle east. All of these countries that we "help" are being taken over by Muslim fundamentalists. This is clearly a problem as they vow to slaughter all unbelievers of Islam.

Try reading something other than CNN someday............watch Charlie Rose's interview with Assad for starters

Are you really that ignorant??

Or I just forgot to mention to say - I was there when that was happening?!

Stop believing all nonsense you heard on TV or from your preacher.

No one attacked Serbs or for that matter Serbia - they did not like what was going on politically - that people did not like to live under Serbian rule.

This goes a bit too far away from original topic, but I would gladly answer any question you might have. It is not hard to know a lot about it... many witnesses are still alive... you can read even Hague's transcripts... or watch videos... Genocide was done by Christian paramilitary forces. Just Google Arkan or Seselj and Bosnia and read horror stories and why they did it.

Just imagine, you are so wrong about something that happened 20 years ago and trying to prove your sources for something that happened 2000 years ago... LOL

sdb93awdSame exact issue as above. The "news" really has you twisted up man.

I have a friend here, only he and his uncle survived Genocide in Srebrenica in their families. I don't need a TV to know what happened and what horrors he survived when he was 17 years old, including killing of his father and other family. As I said, there are many witnesses, Hague tribunal is open - all documents are available to public, and you can read as I said. If you need help finding it, just ask. It is the same as for Evolution - there is evidence. Or you rather ignore evidence and believe your fairy tales of Christian knights?

sdb93awd
Well, I don't put much stock in mainstream news sources like you seem to do

Read above... Bosnian community in USA is large, it is easy to find people and ask them what happened. Most of them are Muslims, but you would not recognize them as that. Also there are Bosnian Catholics and Orthodox that did not agree with what their religious and political leaders wanted them to do... many of them are here in USA.

sdb93awd
The way current events are unfolding makes all the sense in the world to me.

Everything according to your crystal ball?

sdb93awd
They are not similar.

That tells much about your knowledge of that subject....

www.worldevangelicals.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

sdb93awd

To put that into context, he also finds absolutely no reason to suppose this actually happened. Nor does anyone else (outside of belief). He was also at pains to say that if it did happen, the aliens would have arisen naturally and have been the result of a process of evolution, which is just pushing back the goalposts, via speculation.

What could give rise to this as a possibility is tangible and direct evidence of a creator. The reasons why there is none (apart from secondary belief based inferences and logical fallacies) and why the general descriptions of such a creator are very consistent with something that doesn't exist, seems obvious. Until we have reason to consider that there is a rainbow serpent, a god, or an advanced race of aliens, they are irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Until we have reason to consider that there is a rainbow serpent, a god, or an advanced race of aliens, they are irrelevant.

But why attempt to destroy that belief then?

If they are irrelevant why does Dawkins attempt to marginalize the concept?

This is why Dawkins is a coward. He is attempting to destroy something of utmost importance to millions of people armed only with ignorance-based conjecture.

Could it be simply that he has found a niche in the market that he hopes to keep exploiting?

Someone with his academic standing should be much, much smarter.........unless of course it's a cash grab; in which case I give him (financial)props for taking advantage of the intellectually depraved.

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Clintons Kosovo Whopper

Terrorism in Kosovo

Making Bosnia a terrorist stronghold

Here you go

Keep believing CNN. They always keep us informed of the truth lol

Our government is increasingly pro-Islam whether you'd like to believe it or not. Consider Syria again.......Watch the Assad interview in its entirety.........read about what's happened to Christians in Syria......

posted on Sep, 29 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Paranoia is dangerous, just so you know.

Are those your 'news sources'?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join