It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 "Declassified"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Area 51 existed, and was the U-2 spy plane test site folks!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Preaching to the choir man.

It's common knowledge that Area 51 is a top secret research facility for black budget programs. I'm glad that the government and mainstream media finally got into the loop.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
www.bbc.co.uk...

Area 51 existed, and was the U-2 spy plane test site folks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Taken care of, fret not.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok, thought it might be covered
Mods, shut it down. Shut it all down.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That´s great..
So now we can come visit ?
take a look in the basement ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So.....

Your telling me that there is nothing classified there now?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
Taken care of, fret not.

That thread is closed, pointing to another thread which isn't the original that was posted yesterday. Had the OP used the search function, they would've found (out of the numerous threads already) the original thread from yesterday:

Please use "Search". That's what it's there for.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamdan
Ok, thought it might be covered
Mods, shut it down. Shut it all down.

If you thought it might be covered already, use the search function.
actually you should use it anyway to see if it has been or not

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks. Yet somehow ATS staggers on despite my lack of etiquette.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

reply to post SecretKnowledge

You both should refrain from taking the role of Mods.

OP, why didn't you use search function?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

haha, exactly. There is a way to gain entrance, just by walking into it on foot; however, you'd never believe me if I told you what you had to wear, and why. No, it's nothing technologically advanced, actually it's downright insane. Something out of a "Stephen King" novel...

Back to this b.s. There's something wrong about this...why is this suddenly news? How can it have been denied anyway? Was there any denial this place existed ever? Maybe for it's purposes, but never that it existed.

I smell caca de vaca.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldSkullJedi

so what would that be?...
the left testie of a bald eagle because the base was built on indian teritory? some lucky charm.
oooooor spray yourself with some E.T. urine so they can't smell the yummy yummy human flesh?

I think as usual this is some medium com. event to make average joe say"I told you something was goin' on in this joint"...
but if they kneeeeeeew

edit on 16-8-2013 by Logiciel because: spiealling

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldSkullJedi
reply to post by Spacespider

haha, exactly. There is a way to gain entrance, just by walking into it on foot; however, you'd never believe me if I told you what you had to wear, and why. No, it's nothing technologically advanced, actually it's downright insane. Something out of a "Stephen King" novel...

Back to this b.s. There's something wrong about this...why is this suddenly news? How can it have been denied anyway? Was there any denial this place existed ever? Maybe for it's purposes, but never that it existed.

I smell caca de vaca.

Plenty. For a long time the area wasn't even shown correctly on maps. Growing up in Nevada I saw more than my fair share of outdated maps of the state which listed the area as Groom Lake. Infact I probably have one of those old maps around somewhere. If I remember right it was Clinton that admitted there was a facility there (and after that admission is when updated maps started being printed) but maybe it was Bush Sr. Either way, there was an official denial of there being a base at that spot for decades even though signs were clearly posted if you actually went to it in person. Since those were the pre internet days for most folks though, word didn't spread quite as quickly.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It was/is known that the facility is there internet or no, just the same as it was known that LV is there. What went on, and the purpose, was not always known by everyone at the same time. A non privvy aeronautical engineer for instance, may almost immediately have known what the F-117 was about once the much published picture was seen, whether he/she came from a military background or not. That area 51 is now official is neither here nor there, since the great trek out of there was likely made some time ago. My guess is that military airfields will become primarily for deploying war personnel, the bad bits will be from underground.

new topics

top topics

join