It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Man Commits Suicide, Leaves Behind Treasure Map To His Fortune

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by audioengineer
What do you think, is it a hoax?

Would you kill yourself if you had $200,000 to spare?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
martinmanleylifeanddeath.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

website on the waybackmachine
edit on 18-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

web.archive.org...://martinmanleylifeanddeath.com
edit on 18-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

Looks like the link broke. Hate it when it does that. My attempt broke too. Anybody who wants to see it, just type in www.martinmanleylifeanddeath.com into the Wayback Machine.
edit on 18/8/13 by WhiteAlice because: link breakage

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I worked in the gold mining industry for many years and i think i will leave a dozen or so maps in my will.

Should be fun for someone.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Yeah, it's the way ATS handles the http expression. It's auto-injecting it's own code into the reply.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Apparently, Anonymous has re-established Manley's site though some portions are lost.
martinmanley.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What a clever way to market and advertise metal detectors, camping gear, digging implements, and false hopes.

Capatilism....

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by audioengineer

seems only the home/index page is available atm, the links appear to be broken for now... will check later...

from what is on the home/index he appears to have had a grip on reality, and had just decided he had travelled far enough along the road of life, and decided he wanted to quit, as he seemed to see the whole trial and tribulation of life kind of meaningless..... it was his decision, his choice, and thats fair enough in my book..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by audioengineer

You made life a lot easier and if there is anything I might do for you in the afterlife, I will.

So he killed himself for an imaginary afterlife.

Mysticism and religion made a man go insane and kill himself. Another testament to why these mental viruses need to be eradicated.

WHen a person is mentally unstable and ready to kill themselves, they will find any reason to justify it.

This world and all it's BS, wife leaves you, body grows old, mind becomes jaded is what makes people want to kill themselves.

It's going to be a good time to see the look on your face when your body dies from old age and you pop up on the other side, realizing that there is an afterlife.

Man oh man, if there are tickets to see the looks on atheists faces when they realize they are souls, I want season tickets. We all have a laugh at the reaction, and then welcome you into the afterlife.

HAs got to be hilarious

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominicus

Ive always said that I wished an afterlife existed. There is just no evidence to support it and those who claim to know are ALWAYS proven to be delusional idiots who are not worthy of trust.

If I die and end up in some sort of afterlife ill be nothing but overjoyed... not for myself, but for all life.

Im ready to be wrong... are you?
edit on 4-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Ive always said that I wished an afterlife existed. There is just no evidence to support it and those who claim to know are ALWAYS proven to be delusional idiots who are not worthy of trust.

If I die and end up in some sort of afterlife ill be nothing but overjoyed... not for myself, but for all life.

Im ready to be wrong... are you?
edit on 4-9-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Im ready to be wrong as well, but for there to be absolutely nothing, after the body dies, is just illogical.

Luckily for me, i remember pre-existing prior to being born in a body on earth. So that's why I'd bet all in, everything I own, paid off truck, house, savings account, all my electronics, clothes, family, pets, that there is an afterlife.

You have a soul, its in the subconscious and can be found by traversing your intuition. There are memories, memories stored in the soul about your own pre-existence.

But if you never take the time to look within, then all you have left to trust is skepticism and the claims of others.

See you on the other side

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You obviously didn't look much at his page. None of the reasons you cited were what led him to do it. He specifically outlined that. He didn't want to become a part of the deficit. I guess it's that simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join