It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Policies Turning Egypt Against U.S., Toward Moscow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by DirtyD

Religion has every thing to do with it. The entire middle east is predominately Muslim. Egypt is in the middle east. Obama has been supporting the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, Syria and in Libya. So tell me again how religion has nothing to do with this?

You really think Vlad the Impaler cares one bit about his ally's religious affiliation? You think Obama cares? This is about playing sides and betting on winners. Obama is clearly losing.
edit on 16-8-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
reply to post by DirtyD

Then maybe we should just bring our troops and foreign aid home then, huh? We have a bankrupt city while we send billions to Israel AND Egypt a year. Focus on America, to hell with the middle east.

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by Schillinger

That's what I'm saying.

Egypt was pretty stable with Mubarak in power

Libya was stable with Gadhafi in power.

Syria was stable with Bashar Al-assad in power.

Now the entire middle east is on fire and that is what seems to be Obama's agenda.

I mostly agree with both statements.

Unfortunately common sense was not heeded, and now we find ourselves in the difficult situation where our position is slipping.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Actually I do.

Here is a story of how Putin feels about Islamic extremist. link

There is a video on the story page.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

You prove my point exactly, eff with Russia and she'll cut your balls off, play ball and you'll feel her warm embrace. You do realize that there are Muslims in the Egyptian military, right? I think it has less to do with religion, and more to do with money.

Gaddafi was also against Muslim extremists, look what happened to him.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

There's been a lot of talk about Mother Russia lately: Syria, Snowden, stalled summits. Have we been underestimating the Ruskies? Are we headed back to the halcyon days of 'the only good commie is a dead commie'?

I seem to remember Obama mocking Romney during the election when he stated that Russia was the U.S.' greatest geopolitical foe, accused him of cold war mentality. Who's laughing now?

While we've been busy bullying around third world dictators, the great bear's been building strength, and now Putin's brought him out of hibernation.

Without a doubt, Obama's foreign policy has been an utter disaster. He makes George Bush look good.

freebeacon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorta reminds me of this.

You are one psychopathic MORON !!

Do and see a doctor immediately !!! I am serious !!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
reply to post by DirtyD

Then maybe we should just bring our troops and foreign aid home then, huh? We have a bankrupt city while we send billions to Israel AND Egypt a year. Focus on America, to hell with the middle east.

Cut the aid off the Egypt and it surely is going to Moscow street.

Cut the aid off Israel and US has no 'all weather' friend in Middle East. All Islamic nations attack Israel and in return Israel H-Bomb nukes them having no choice. The world economy goes into serious depression...........all for mere $2B a year of aid being cut off to save money for 'hand over fist' spending by MORONs in the US.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I don't think the US has any real decision making ability in Egypt.
We backed Mubarak, but convinced him that the time was right to leave the post, all be it a rich and protected man.
Then, the CIA managed to convince Morsi to take their money and equipment in exchange for assistance and backing of Israel.
Morsi was turfed out and now we have an interim of chaos.

On one hand you have the antagonists of Syria, using the battle hardened fighters of Iraq to cause chaos and turmoil in Egypt, why? because a nation that is at civil war right on Israels door stop is a major blackhole for the West's supremacy.

On the other hand you have Iranian and Russia backed militia trying to gain a foothold in the fake election process that is sure to ensue..

and then you have the US.. on the sidelines in the dirt with Mubarak and Morsi public enemy number 1.

But see, the US doesn't want to be here, they didn't want to be in Libya or Syria it was a hornets nest with no value, as opposed to Iraq which was done with surgical precision and occupied with ease.

The US has been dragged here either by Saudi or Israel.. hell or both!

edit on 16-8-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I see you failed to recognize my sarcasm, I do not wish for a return to the cold war.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I don't think we were dragged into the Middle East, and Iraq certainly wasn't occupied with ease, it was, and still is a blood bath.

Libya certainly has it's value in oil, not to mention it's strategic location. Gadhafi made the mistake of getting too big for his britches so he had to be taken out.

Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar

Syria and Iran are the last strongholds without Western friendly leaders, also Syria was the home of the only Russian port in the Middle East. If it wasn't for Putin, we'd be carpet bombing Damascus as we speak.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

quoted from yourself,,"Have we been underestimating the Ruskies? Are we headed back to the halcyon days of 'the only good commie is a dead commie'? "

"only good commie is a dead commie",,problem with your Statement, is:

THEY AIN'T COMMIES,,no more.

Not when thier Leader Mr. Putin,, ( nice Pike, by the way,, ),,,calls for a STOP too, the killing of CHRISTIANS.,et al.

like i said that ain't a Commie,, might be a bit Red ,,but , he ,, as a Christian,, i can live , a lot easier with what Putin, said,, than President Obama's response,, "we dont take sides",,,so who's the Liar,,liar,, pants on fire,, guy here.?
edit on 16-8-2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, I was just wondering about this. The Obama Administration really does like supporting Muslims, even The Muslim Brotherhood, which is fairly radical -

And the military is already allying with Russia, less than a week after the U.S. cancels their joint military exercises with Egypt, Russia takes up the offer.

What is Obama doing? (I know what he says, but what is he doing?)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Yes, I was just wondering about this. The Obama Administration really does like supporting Muslims, even The Muslim Brotherhood, which is fairly radical -

And the military is already allying with Russia, less than a week after the U.S. cancels their joint military exercises with Egypt, Russia takes up the offer.

What is Obama doing? (I know what he says, but what is he doing?)

Maybe it's as simple as Obama is trying to secure American hegemony in the Middle East, but is failing miserably at it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join