It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Policies Turning Egypt Against U.S., Toward Moscow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Obama Policies Turning Egypt Against U.S.

freebeacon.com

The Obama administration support for Muslim Brotherhood Islamists in Egypt is driving the powerful military there against the United States and toward Moscow, according to U.S. officials and reports from the region.

The pro-Muslim Brotherhood stance is undermining decades of U.S. policy toward the Middle East state and prompting concerns that the United States is about to “lose” Egypt as a strategic partner, said officials familiar with intelligence reports.

Disclosure of the concern over the administration’s policy failure in Egypt comes as a security crackdown on pro-Muslim Brotherhood supporters in Cairo resulted in scores killed.

“The Obama administration’s blatant Islamist support is risking the decades-long security arrangement with Egypt,” one U.S. official told the Washington Free Beacon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-8-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
There's been a lot of talk about Mother Russia lately: Syria, Snowden, stalled summits. Have we been underestimating the Ruskies? Are we headed back to the halcyon days of 'the only good commie is a dead commie'?

I seem to remember Obama mocking Romney during the election when he stated that Russia was the U.S.' greatest geopolitical foe, accused him of cold war mentality. Who's laughing now?

While we've been busy bullying around third world dictators, the great bear's been building strength, and now Putin's brought him out of hibernation.

Without a doubt, Obama's foreign policy has been an utter disaster. He makes George Bush look good.

freebeacon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sorta reminds me of this.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Mission accomplished Imo. I don't get into these topics too much but I do know when the biggest badass on the block has knocked out all other competition he gets bored and its time to pick it fight and try out some new moves he learned while beating the hell out the little handicap kid up the block for the last decade.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD
The Obama administration support for Muslim Brotherhood Islamists in Egypt ...

Its a confusing time in Washington.
To appease Israel and prevent the cancellation of the 1979 peace treaty, the Obama government bent over backwards to NOT say the ousting of Morsi was a coup, and John Kerry even said Morsi’s ouster was aimed at “restoring democracy” in Egypt.
So with that in mind you'd think Obama was on the side of the people, but his support for the PRO-Morsi Islamists make it all the more confusing. Especially with the recent news that he gave an 8 billion dollar deal to the Morsi backed Muslim Brotherhood recently to facilitate another peace deal.

Having said all that, the common factor in this is *Israel*.
It all fits if you just assume that Obama is doing what Israel tells him to do. ie: hand over huge amounts of $$$ to make Israel safe by bribing Egypt into peace deals.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I don't think Putin gives a rat's ass about Israel, so any agreement the Israelis have with the U.S. regarding Egypt is moot if Moscow gains control of Cairo.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Obama's agenda is quite clear. He is in bed with our enemies.

You can bad mouth Christians all day long, but don't you dare say any thing bad about Muslims

Obama is a useless tool. Most tools are useless until you put them in the right hands. Obama just happens to be in the wrong hands..

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by alfa1

Obama's agenda is quite clear. He is in bed with our enemies.

You can bad mouth Christians all day long, but don't you dare say any thing bad about Muslims

Obama is a useless tool. Most tools are useless until you put them in the right hands. Obama just happens to be in the wrong hands..

Sigh... again with the anti-muslim garbage while we sit here and worship Zionist Jews. Notice we don't talk about how we have a bankrupt city yet send billions a year to Israel. No, it's all about the evil Muslims.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Not sure how this is even relevant. Religion has nothing to do with it, it's a high stakes game of Risk, it's about power and influence, and ours is slipping away. It won't be the end of the world, but it may turn our 99 cent stores into $99 stores.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

Sigh... again with the anti-muslim garbage while we sit here and worship Zionist Jews. Notice we don't talk about how we have a bankrupt city yet send billions a year to Israel. No, it's all about the evil Muslims.

Take your rhetoric elsewhere, dood.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Yes most people who follow world events are glad to see Russia taking the lead over the USA, I think it is good too that the Arab nations and Muslim nations are seeing America as a foe now under the Obama leadership, sad though that a once great nation like America has been trashed by one stupid odd President who should never have got the job.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

How much money have we given to the Muslim brotherhood as of late?

Don't patronize me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

How much money have we given to the Muslim brotherhood as of late?

Don't patronize me.

Billions less than we've given to the parasite state of Israel. You know what, all you anti-muslim bible thumpers that think you're doing God's work need to re-read your good book and understand who the enemy is and always has been.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyD

Take your rhetoric elsewhere, dood.

Read a #ing history book, dood.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Religion has every thing to do with it. The entire middle east is predominately Muslim. Egypt is in the middle east. Obama has been supporting the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, Syria and in Libya. So tell me again how religion has nothing to do with this?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Seriously?

I never even said that I was Christian, and further more I never said that I was anti-Muslim.

I said that Obama's agenda is clear. He is in bed with our enemies. Which is exactly what the Muslim brotherhood is. I never said that Muslims were any thing. You might want to ask the Muslims how they feel about the brotherhood.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Seriously?

I never even said that I was Christian, and further more I never said that I was anti-Muslim.

I said that Obama's agenda is clear. He is in bed with our enemies. Which is exactly what the Muslim brotherhood is. I never said that Muslims were any thing. You might want to ask the Muslims how they feel about the brotherhood.

I can't speak for Muslims as I am not Muslim, nor would I ever attempt to speak for such a large group of people. But the fact is, we sit here and denounce the Muslim Brotherhood, then fund Al Queda in Syria. But if you were to ask the average Muslim, at least in Egypt, they'd probably want us to mind our own damn business.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Schillinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
reply to post by DirtyD

Yes most people who follow world events are glad to see Russia taking the lead over the USA, I think it is good too that the Arab nations and Muslim nations are seeing America as a foe now under the Obama leadership, sad though that a once great nation like America has been trashed by one stupid odd President who should never have got the job.

Checks and balances. It's so easy to look at the U.S as the source of all the ill's throughout the globe, and while we definitely shoulder a lion's share of the blame let's not forget there are other powers in play, Russia being one of them, China being another. Neither are on our side, and both are in cahoot with one another.

There was this grande ideal that Obama would heal America's image after the Bush regime, but he has only flushed it further down the toilet. We have never been more hated, which is truly hard to believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

Then maybe we should just bring our troops and foreign aid home then, huh? We have a bankrupt city while we send billions to Israel AND Egypt a year. Focus on America, to hell with the middle east.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

That's what I'm saying.

Egypt was pretty stable with Mubarak in power

Libya was stable with Gadhafi in power.

Syria was stable with Bashar Al-assad in power.

Now the entire middle east is on fire and that is what seems to be Obama's agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more on that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join