It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryanair Fires Pilot After TV Show Probes Safety Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Ryanair Fires Pilot After TV Show Probes Safety Culture

www.bloomberg.com

Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYA) dismissed Captain John Goss and said it plans to pursue legal action against the pilot after he was featured on a U.K. television program this week that questioned the airline’s safety.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's what you get for trying to be ethical. Some people get jailed because they are trying to tell their fellow citizens that their government is up to no good. Others give speeches about having dreams and brotherhood and end up getting shot. Presidents who want transparency, well, they get shot as well.

I guess they couldn't shoot him, so they just fired him.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. The FAA had a written complaint by a pilot of a commuter airline about how a Captain changed the weight and balance of the aircraft so they would be legal to take off. When they had a hearing about commuter airline safety, and it came up, the agent lied about the First Officer, and had records from the airline about complaints about the First Officer, who stated repeatedly he had never been written up once for any safety violations.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Heres a simple change that could be made to illiminate ridiculous actions like those of Ryanair toward this pilot.

Make it illegal for any company to have any say, or right to fire, over an individuals actions, statements, warnings, whistleblowings, suggestions, and opinions during interveiws.

Corperations need to be put back in thier place. They need to be reminded that they are only equal to individuals in the eyes of the law. They need to remember that only lawyers care about the law. Everyone else values justice far more.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RageAgainstFascism

ryanair, hahahahaha! nuff said!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I flew to Spain with Ryanair last year and they treat people worse than cattle. It was utter chaos just trying to board.

On the return flight, they refused to allow duty-free purchases on board unless they were inside hand luggage. No-one was informed of this until we were at the gate and boarding. When passengers put their duty-free goods inside hand luggage, Ryanair then re-weighed their now overweight hand luggage and charged them for it. Those who couldn't pay had to leave their goods behind.

There was a young couple with toddler twins who were each cuddling new teddy bears which their parents had just bought from the duty-free shop. The teddies wouldn't fit into their hand luggage, and they didn't have any money left from their holiday to pay the extra charge to put the teddies in the hold. Ryanair staff took the teddies away from the toddlers and they cried the whole flight home. I wished I'd had enough money to have paid the extra for them.

It was the worst experience ever and I will never, EVER fly with Ryanair again.
edit on 15-8-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
FYI

There was a BIG outrage in Europe last year when TWO Ryanair planes declared SOS emergencies over Valencia airport becuase they were both low on fuel and the weather was poor...ie they couldn't circle in a waiting pattern...........

THE IMPORTANT point here is that if EVERY airline had a policy of low or barely enough fuel to get to their destination then there would be MULTIPLE air incidents and possibly accidents........!!!

RyanAir is a very profitable airline on the back of low cost, reasonable margins and VERY IFFY protocols.......

they should be ashamed of ditchig a pilot who has served them for 26 years .outrageous and Michael O;Leary should be ashamed...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ryanair? Say what you want, the owner's far from being a mug
I quite like him, many would learn a thing or two

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnionHead
Ryanair? Say what you want, the owner's far from being a mug
I quite like him, many would learn a thing or two

Onionhead

I agree that he is definitley a certain style and type of businessman who actually learnt from a guy in the USA (SW airlines i think) and imported his ideas into the european market.......

Mr O'Leary did very well and I certainly paid for his Caviar flying over every weekend for 2 years from UK to Ireland before I settled in the Emerald Isle......

Only problem is that if all airlines followed his example then I cant help but think that there might be a few more close misses....??

Regards

PDUK

top topics

join