It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning Apologizes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Are you still living in the real world or are you already far away from everyone of us?

Get back to earth and try to live with us instead of against us. Why do you think, you must be against humanity?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
Are you still living in the real world or are you already far away from everyone of us?

Get back to earth and try to live with us instead of against us. Why do you think, you must be against humanity?

Hint, the "real world" is the one that has wiki leaks agents in it.

Proof with source already provided.
Lets move on.

I think in light of Manning's apology, he won't receive maximum terms, maybe a twenty year sentence.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If you don't want to vanish away, it should be less then this.

You are sitting on a melting peace of ice and you are still very arrogant.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If you don't want to vanish away, it should be less then this.

You are sitting on a melting peace of ice and you are still very arrogant.

Maybe something was lost in translation but I am going to guess English is not your first language and say thank you for the nice compliment.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I think it´s just harsh reality sinking in.
Was his actions beneficial for everyone? On the long run, i say YES.
Were his actions justified? NO.

He TOOK AN OATH, and HE BROKE THAT OATH. There´s no way around it.
Is it fair that he´ll probably spend the rest of his life in jail? NO.
But life is not fair, never has been and never will be.
He should have NEVER joined the military.
But this is all hindsight.
he did what he did, and now he´s going to have to dance to the music that was chosen.

edit on 15-8-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

Is it better to keep an oath at the cost of honor, or to defend honor at the cost of your oath? Oaths are a ritual of honor. If you have no honor, your oath means nothing except that you are willing to die for a lie.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

If you read about Manning he was chatting with people about his gender confusion and other issues. I think he was and is a very confused person. He is going to jail for the rest of his life. I have no doubt his apology is sincere. You ascribe his actions as brave, others don't, he may not either anymore. Maybe looking at the consequences and the fact that his actions did not have much affect on anything, it is very likely he is sorry.

Often people with power or perceived power, like Assange, start taking themselves a bit too seriously. Read Assange's wiki and read about the sexual assault claims. I think it tells a lot about Assange's lack of character. Whether you believe a persons act is noble or not, that does not mean the person is noble. Humans are complicated.

V

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
What specifically did he do besides release a video which showed American troops flying around killing Iraqi civilians?

edit on 15-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

He stole classified material from his government and handed it to someone whom he knew would publish it to the world.

I am glad he did because we need to show the US Government to be what it is.. but, he did break a very clear law.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well, in replying to the OP and not the thread as it's developed here? I think his apology is entirely sincere. He's looking at SO much time at this point, a mere apology won't make anything better for him and I'm sure he knows it. Yet he made the gesture anyway.

I'm thinking he's had a great deal of time to think about everything and likely heard things in court about the efforts to move and hide people his leaks named which he hadn't been aware of. I think he's always had the right intentions...just terminally bad and in the end, reckless judgment. Yeah.. I think what he's done eats him up and for more than just the sentence he'll serve for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Good observation. Sadly it does not make you a better person, that you see the difference between the words "peace" and "piece" at once.
Since you think so, it only shows, how your mindset works. You don't like people too much, do you?
You should be alone on this planet!

It must be very hard for you to discuss with people on ATS...

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
so they have Broken him.
and brain wash't him.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by TinfoilTP

Good observation. Sadly it does not make you a better person, that you see the difference between the words "peace" and "piece" at once.
Since you think so, it only shows, how your mindset works. You don't like people too much, do you?
You should be alone on this planet!

It must be very hard for you to discuss with people on ATS...

Thank you for your concern, I discuss topics along with the members of ATS, care to join us?

Manning was cured of his wiki leaks brain washing, the evidence here is his heartfelt apology in open court.

The fact Assange had to make a public statement in an attempt at damage control reinforces this. The puppet masters strings were clipped. It must have been quite the power trip for him to see Manning made out to be a hero in the media every day, now it is all over.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm just waiting on him to say it was the alternate media sites that messed up his mind and made him betray his country. That is was ATS' fault. Or that it was some right wing end of the world prepper group who screwed up his head.....

next more on the chess board.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

We have very similar names. I like it.

But so that I don't get another post removed for being off-topic, I'm not sure what to make of your post. I disagree that he betrayed his country. So there's that.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
I'm just waiting on him to say it was the alternate media sites that messed up his mind and made him betray his country. That is was ATS' fault. Or that it was some right wing end of the world prepper group who screwed up his head.....

next more on the chess board.

It depends what his entire history of online browsing habits are and interactions. Good thing there is a record of it so false accusations cannot be made

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
reply to post by crazyewok

He/She knew what the penalty was before they stole the info the only reason he/she would say sorry was because they knew they did wrong its that simple.

Wrong, wrong and wrong. Even if you consider what he did was wrong, what the US government was doing was far worse ( i really wanted to put wronger then). have to say if it was me i wouldn't be apologising unless to apoligise to the rest of the world for the behaviour of my employer. I'd say as others have said, threat of open prison from 'them'

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Using one evil to justify another evil is like saying you're justified in shooting a serial killer......so we shouldn't be pissed off that you chose a drive-by as the method and killed a half dozen while injuring 20 more in the process. Hey, that Serial Killer HAD to go so ends justify the means.

That "ends justify the means" is the only way to even play at the idea that Manning didn't earn what he's plead guilty to outright and is now very much showing remorse for having done. Even HE sees what he did wrong .....if only his damn fan club would drop the hero worship long enough to see this isn't a hero and desperation in finding one to worship is getting pathetic to see.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Did ANY of the information that Manning revealed have an impact? Snowdens info had an impact. I dont recall any such impact from Mannings information.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

A lot has changed in the three years since Manning's information was released. Most of the country was still pretty fresh off of their Obama high, so nothing came of Manning's information. Three years later, a lot of people are pissed off at the rapid decline of this country and all of the broken promises and broken laws by this administration. Perception of corruption greatly affects the impact that information such as Manning's has.

Manning did nothing wrong. In fact, he upheld his oath as a member of our armed forces. He swore to protect and defend against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. This government is a domestic enemy and that behavior was exposed. People love to point the finger at Manning saying he somehow compromised our national security and endangered our military, but never are any concrete examples mentioned. These are nothing but propagandized talking points spewed by the media and mimicked by their followers.

Here's a thought... how about we quit allowing our government to violate and seize our rights domestically while allowing them to engage in hostile foreign policy and war crimes internationally? Why we're pissed at these whistleblowers for exposing those crimes is beyond me. That's like your brother killing the family dog and your parents punishing you for telling on him.
edit on 8/16/2013 by DivisiveConformity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Does anybody believe gender identity disorder can be induced?

Just a thought...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join