It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Propaganda War Against Us: The First Shot Is Fired

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

That will easily be squashed...

A simple FCC change of rules when it comes to broadcasting standards, and you'd have to be licensed to operate a node.

A guy who used to work in the same department setup something similar to get broadband speeds to his remote hunting camp, using antennas that technically are illegal, which is why they were pulled from the schools, he was able to link his home broadband to his remote camp with decent speeds.

One or two of them might go unnoticed, but trying to replace the internet with it? Never gonna happen, you'd be better off funding your own satellite access.

That's the way it used to be - in my college days, one of our professors was the first to get an Network Identification Card (NIC). That required a physical key lock and ID card in order to enable the connection. - these days, it's called an motherboard Ethernet socket as they are built into the motherboard.

Then around the mid 1990's home users could get dial-up internet via SLIP and PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) over a static IP. These wrapped internet protocols over RS-232 and 9600 baud dial-up modems. But in order to do so, you had to register your name, your address, your postcode, your machine name and the machine IP address, Email address of the system administrator.

Nowadays, you do all that automatically when you buy a mobile phone with internet access.

You do get wi-fi boosters, as well as those little USB bluetooth dongles. There's also those competitions to see who can get the best reception with a Pringles can (the metal base plate acts as a reflector) and some aluminum foil.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The above are a couple of very minor snippets from a rather long article. I strongly recommend reading it. While it is al-Qaida-centric in tone, I would advice the reader to understand that all references to that specific group could be removed and any other group substituted...

Hell you could substitute them with unicorns and easterbunnies, what is your point?

It's not a piece of legislation we are talking about here. It's an article on Yahoo with a title describing how extremists used online forums. So what?

Off course terrorists use the internet, so because the article mentions it, it is somehow a shot across the bow, propaganda war? First shot?

I mean come man, we all saw the Snowden stuff, the Lavabit stuff, those are smoking guns, not that article, it means absolutely nothing. Everything is propaganda we know that, we are being watched and monitored we know that.

So how does your conclusion of the article affect ATS or other sites, in a way it isn't being affected right now?

There is no need for you to post this thread with this hysterious title.

The articles title might clue you in on one potential substitution... People who use online forums. Given that everyone reading these words engages, on some level, with conspiracy / alt-news sites - we would all be prime targets for this sort of scrutiny.

Everybody who uses the internet is open to scrutiny. It is not news. We have learned this over the last months. Some of us have been saying it for years.

You're like, "the article mentioned terrorists use the forums, therefore all forums, especially ours, are under attack......and that's....like proof of stuff....."

But there is no direct relation, if there is a relation with the article at all.

After all the real evidence and proof we had already seen, do we really need this hysteria over a meaningless article?

This morning, barely awake after a long night of insomnia fueled tossing and turning, I come to you with news. News that is relevant to every single person who can read these words..

My god you should go write a novel.

You come to a far fetched conclusion that even if it would have been a conclusion that was drawn as the result of a logical thought process, would not be news.

You make it sound like you had to traverse a barren desert to bring us the "news" from the far far away Yahoo empire.

You are not Luke Skywalker, Heff, but the force is strong in you though, I'll give you that.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Omg, the conclusions people come to, it can be entertaining at some points. You really think that after all the real evidence that has come out, an agency would bother to derail this thread?

Lol, it is totally meaningless because it brings nothing new and is nothing more than a theory based on loose generalisations, farfetched connections and uses the current sentiment to make people believe a conclusion based on a phantasized relation between subjects and an illusive mechanism that makes yahoo articles war declarations.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by PleiadanString

Again, what is your evidence that these mechanisms have come under severe scrutiny?

Lavabit.

From the looks of it they just used a false flag operation and closed embassies just to try and get the narrative off the fact they have been spying on us through emails and phone calls. I have to say it worked. It is hardly mentioned in the news now.

You guys don't get it, it is too late to encrypt now. They hold all the keys already. They already control the backbone of the net. A few years ago 128 bit encryption was fairly safe, today it might take them all of about twenty minutes to break. And that is considered a long estimate.

Put it this way, look at the fantastic things you can do on your computer today, encode video in real time, crunch huge numbers and scan your own section of space, etc. Now understand they have buildings covering acres and acres full of servers and computing power dedicated to these programs.

There is almost nothing they can't break or do anymore. What is funny funny to me is we act like this is new, they have been quietly putting all this in place around the world for years. We have to give credit to Snowden for bringing their (govt) newest capability and practices to our attention.

I personally do not think there is anything that could be done now to stop it, the damage is done.

The Bot

edit on Thu Aug 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed and trimmed quote Quote Crash Course

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
OK Heff, this is the second thread that you have made in the last week that has made an eyebrow go up....this one, it went WWAAYYY Up over my forehead....and that's pretty high.

I actually "put my two cents in" on a thread that Skeptic was all over. It was about that ATS was approached by the Govt. to let them have access to ATS. He said "NNNOO WAY

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
don't fret too much friends. this is part of the educational process.
all is well. very well indeed.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There is Meow mix in the water. The White horse goes next to the television. Add water to the kettle.
Got to give those encryption experts something to work on. Maybe they will figure out what I was trying to say, I sure don't know.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You know what upsets me? I read this thread hours ago and have yet to come up with an intelligent reply worthy of the OP. So guess what, poodles, you're stuck with this!

It doesn't matter when, or who, or where the first shot was fired.

The only important thing is being the one who fires the last shot!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You know what upsets me? I read this thread hours ago and have yet to come up with an intelligent reply worthy of the OP. So guess what, poodles, you're stuck with this!

It doesn't matter when, or who, or where the first shot was fired.

The only important thing is being the one who fires the last shot!

Lol, sure nuff, well said.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Scary and sad times.

Of course we know TPTB will use any excuse whether valid or (not:fear mongering) to encroach more upon what freedoms we still have.

edit on 15-8-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So they could probably pick on someone who is swaying public opinion and spreading truth, somehow frame him/her and claim they are working with terrorists.

Sounds like a last resort kind of thing that will come into effect after massive false flag/civil unrest/martial law

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So why is the CIA using ATS to write false flags ?

So the NSA can spy on the CIA ?

Cornfused

Wonder just how many people will get this comment.
edit on 15-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jumadax
So they could probably pick on someone who is swaying public opinion and spreading truth, somehow frame him/her and claim they are working with terrorists.

Sounds like a last resort kind of thing that will come into effect after massive false flag/civil unrest/martial law

Certainly this is one way of keeping us (citizens) in check, and unable to form large groups of protesters..which in my opinion would be a really important reason for all of this 'watching'.

Good thread Heff

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Great thread and all but,.....nobody cares!!!!
You are going to be drug into an Orwellian nightmare kicking and screaming by those who want to feel safer.
I already feel so much safer.
I wonder how much more safe they can make us?

The American public as a whole does not want any part of "freedom" because freedom is too dangerous.
Slavery is so much safer. Get with it man.

Slavery, it's the new freedom.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sorry to say, but ATS is a bit overrated....

I posted a ->very

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

Originally posted by Jumadax

Sounds like the kind of thing that will come into effect after massive false flag/civil unrest/martial law

Certainly this is one way of keeping us (citizens) in check, and unable to form large groups of protesters..which in my opinion would be a really important reason for all of this 'watching'.

Good thread Heff

What are you guys talking about? This has nothing to do with this thread or the article. So many random statements thrown out, but it's all good, anything goes as long it is in some way, shape or form critical of the gubbermint, regardless of context, accuracy or relevance.

I am on the same side but this is just aggrevating.

They took ur jobs.....

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
so don't even go there and tell me how 'ffn good ATS is...

It's an OK site to to browse, and post to once in a while... but it lacks/lags more than I care to explain.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
There is Meow mix in the water. The White horse goes next to the television. Add water to the kettle.
Got to give those encryption experts something to work on. Maybe they will figure out what I was trying to say, I sure don't know.

Too easy. You said "Meet me at the Kit Kat Lounge at 9:00 pm. Bring loose women and cash."

----

You know, it's funny how Al Qaeda has gone from goat herders in Afghanistan to being an organization that rivals Spectre or Cobra with their technical sophistication. If the US educational system was that effective high school graduates would have the equivelent of Master's Degrees.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join