It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daycare Director Arrested After 2-Year-Old Girl Tests Positive For Pot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
A day care director in L.A. was arrested after a 2 year old girl in her care was found high on marijuana.

The girls parents noticed after picking her up that she seemed lethargic. So they took her to the hospital where tests confirmed she had pot in her system.

The owner was taken into custody on suspicion of child neglect and endangerment. If that's not bad enough police discovered the day care had no power and there were rat droppings on the floor.

I don't know what makes you get a 2 year old high.

You just can't trust anyone with your kids

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

The director of a La Crescenta daycare facility was arrested Wednesday after a 2-year-old girl in her care was found high on marijuana.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Anything to shut that screaming kid up i guess.

People have no common sense or morals now days.

I wish i could reach through the screen and smack a beotch.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am not sure where the blame truly lies, for this is the chance one takes when letting strangers raise their kids. That in itself constitutes as negligence in my book.
edit on 15-8-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
If that's not bad enough police discovered the day care had no power and there were rat droppings on the floor.

One supposes that if you care so little about your child that you would leave them at such a place, or care so little about visiting the daycare center that you didnt realise it had no power, then as they say, "you get what you pay for".

Detectives obtained a warrant and searched the facility.
They discovered the toilets weren’t working and they found an unkempt kitchen with exposed knives and stacks of dirty dishes, Lorenz said. Rat and mice droppings were also reportedly strewn throughout the facility and found on children’s toys. They also found drug paraphernalia, he said.
The “unsanitary and unfit” conditions discovered inside the home prompted code enforcement officials to declare it uninhabitable until all violations have been corrected, Lorenz said. The facility, ... allegedly provides services to low-income families, police said.

edit on 15-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

From the looks of the woman arrested, I wouldn't trust her with my dog, much less my kid.
She's skanky looking.......looks like a doper IMO.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Who would walk in there with their kid and say "bye sweety, see you this afternoon" and then leave your kid and be able to go about your day?

Oh, low income. now, could it be that the parent is in some program requiring work, or stuck at McD's on minimum wage, ?

how horrible would it be to have hungry kids, no money, and still have to work? being stuck between 2 rocks.

not that I would ever.. but some are so desperate and so "hand to mouth" maybe they feel helpless and hopeless?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by occrest
I am not sure where the blame truly lies, for this is the chance one takes when letting strangers raise their kids. That in itself constitutes as negligence in my book.

You and me both mate.

That's why my two kids never went to nursery. Why the hell anyone would entrust their flesh and blood to strangers probably not earning more than minimum wage, (minimum wage, minimum effort) from 1 year old is beyond me.

Beats me why most people even bother to have children at all, frankly most of them are more interested in a larger house, newer car and a couple of holidays a year than their kids wellbeing and being a family.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

True that!

What happened to the the father being the bread winner and the mother staying at home watching the kids?
Oh yeah, that's right, hardly any man sticks around to raise his children anymore. Or the woman is just a straight up whor*. Shame what this world is coming to.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You'd think the parent(s) would have at least gone inside long enough, at some point, to notice a lack of electricity and / or rat droppings.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

At the very least mate.

The owner giving pot to that little girl will probably open up another rat infested cess pit of a 'home', all that will change will be the name above the door and she'll have lines of poor people waiting to drop their kids off with her.

The really scary part is that this is just one such 'home' among 1000's and 1000's, and just one that has been found out as being a crap hole unsuitable even for a dog let alone kids.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
this is the very reason I didn't use daycare babysitters nanny's ect ect...

not too many people out there who will have your children's best interest at heart

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
People cannot afford good daycare, so they use whatever they can find. I bet if you look a little deeper ,the childs home is more then likely a dump as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

In some cases yeah, but obviously not in this little girls home, or else they would have asked the cow running the crap hole where they could score more couch-lock weed to knock their kid out, so they could get on with smoking their meth or drinking themselves silly in peace...they took the girl to the hospital and reported the 'i don't care home' to the police, so at the least their home has got to be better than the one they left their kid in.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

True that!

What happened to the the father being the bread winner and the mother staying at home watching the kids?
Oh yeah, that's right, hardly any man sticks around to raise his children anymore. Or the woman is just a straight up whor*. Shame what this world is coming to.

Unfortunately, with the cost of living going up, it takes 2 parents to make ends meet.
Unless the dad has a really good paying job, which the average Joe does not.

Several couples we know, both have to work to pay the bills, but what helps them is Grandma and Grandpa.
Without them they told us they didn't know what they would do.

So in a situation like that, or a single parent, they really have no choice.

That being said, they should have done a better job checking out the daycare center.
One look at that woman alone and I would have said 'No thank you'.
One might call it 'profiling' but hey, where my kid is concerned, damned straight.
Plus I would definitely check out the facilities first hand.

top topics

join