It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I enlighten someone with no idea on what's going on?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
There's just so much going on right now and it's pretty sad to know that some people just don't know what's going on in the world, particularly in the US. Like, I want to explain to this person that S might HTF and the reasons why, some background history and so on but I've tried it before on another person but I failed miserably because they thought that I was insane for thinking that the government does this and that.

Where do I start? How should I phrase things? How much information should I divulge at first? What are the most important things that I should say? The proof is available, you never know what might happen a month or two or a year from now, and what happens to those that knew about nothing? And by nothing I mean they barely know the name of the president.

Is it just best to leave them be and not try to enlighten them or is there a path that can open the minds of individuals? Rather, would opening their mind just cause chaos in their life? What to do and is this how the majorities think?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
it's pretty sad to know that some people just don't know what's going on in the world, particularly in the US. Like, I want to explain to this person that S might HTF and the reasons why,

conversely others may say you just don't know what is going on in the world....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

You shouldn't even start...

Let it go...you can not save anybody who doesn't want to be saved.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm not saying that there are other places in the world where they don't know what's going on, which happens everywhere. I didn't phrase that properly I suppose.

As for the second comment, I haven't approached them yet so it's not that they don't want to learn, it's that they never have been exposed to it. I don't want to just start the conversation with "Did you know how many times Obama has ignored the constitution?" I don't think that will fly. hahaha

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

How should I phrase things?

First, don't use the word "enlighten".

I would hear that and walk away as fast as I could.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I don't want to just start the conversation with "Did you know how many times Obama has ignored the constitution?" I don't think that will fly.

As the answer is zero.... of course it will not fly!

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The old saying goes: "There are two things you never discuss; religion and politics."

People who are set in their ways of thinking are not going to change their minds
on these two subjects, it doesn't matter if you have photographs, scientific studies,
and eye witness testimonies to back up your side of the debate.

The average Joe would rather end the relationship than have their own ideals challenged.

I've seen folks end life long friendships, parents disown children over this crap.
My advice? Walk away.

edit on 14-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
1st I would ask yourself
who it is your speaking too..?
&
2nd Why do you wish to share
your knowledge with them..?

It can be done
you just have to be tactful
how you go about it....

because like others have said
if you do it wrong...
the results can devastate relationships

agreed : don't use the term Enlighten

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

There's just so much going on right now and it's pretty sad to know that some people just don't know what's going on in the world, particularly in the US. Like, I want to explain to this person that S might HTF and the reasons why, some background history and so on but I've tried it before on another person but I failed miserably because they thought that I was insane for thinking that the government does this and that.

Where do I start? How should I phrase things? How much information should I divulge at first? What are the most important things that I should say? The proof is available, you never know what might happen a month or two or a year from now, and what happens to those that knew about nothing? And by nothing I mean they barely know the name of the president.

Is it just best to leave them be and not try to enlighten them or is there a path that can open the minds of individuals? Rather, would opening their mind just cause chaos in their life? What to do and is this how the majorities think?

I'm confused as to what you suggest may happen in the near future...

You can try to place a face on the devil all day, and point him out to your friends... but, the reality is, it's not going to do much good unless they are educated enough to comprehend it all. The easiest approach is to help enlighten your friend in regards to philosophies of governance, the history of such and the consequences of particular policies.

I wouldn't start pointing fingers and tossing around claims in attempts to provide an detailed 'outline' of who and what you believe are the issues. It's more effective to introduce someone to what you think is right, the supporting literature and/or history... then the person has the ability to rationalize for themselves what the current state of things are, and how improve them.

I personally don't believe there will be any 'major war', total collapse of markets, or 'revolution' taking place in the US any time soon. It would be easier to address your approach with this individual, if we knew what you were in particular concerned about...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Sometimes a video is better than you doing the presentation yourself...Anyone who watches this particular video and does not step back wondering if their "truth" Paradigm is based on fact or propaganda..... then they are a hopeless cause and not worth your time IMO...Many videos and reports some right here at ATS....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I tried telling my dad about fukushima and he basically told me to stop worrying about things that are so far away from me that they won't affect me. I just shook my head and changed the subject..So basically if someone is set in their ways they aren't gonna hear it anyways

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The illusion of choice is a great conversation starter to get the mind thinking. Surly the person has a political stance and feels obliged to voice their opinion of certain political interest, probably one of them people who blindly follow mainstream media like its gospel, so maybe it would be a good idea to choose something they're pissed off with at the moment.

Dissect the topic and show the agenda behind it, how they stir the public's emotions to cause division and anger between us. Show them that the current news on the mainstream media is not even news, its mostly entertainment and when its not, its agenda driven about ME, Muslims, Wars, Celebrities and so forth. Show them how certain networks push only Republican news and others only push Democrats because they're lining each others pockets - Go onto show who owns these media networks and then show them what else the owners own, let them connect the dots them selves, they just need guiding. Explain the two/three party system and how its there as just a mere illusion of choice - Point out the people who fought against the system, a perfect example been Martin Luther King - Explain how a Jury found local state and Federal Government agencies guilty of conspiring to assassinate him and how the media never even covered the story because they're in on the whole game, owned by the same collective people & driven with the same agenda.

Don't be throwing them in the deep end, let them in slowly and usher in the interest one step at time.

I'v changed so many peoples way of thinking by starting a conversation about current topics. I change they're misdirected hate against specific races towards the people who are actually guilty, the people in power - the people they are voting for, the people sat in office earning 80 grand a year whilst making benefit recipients live on £45 a week then the media saying its because of immigrants coming and taking our money. I helped them see the bigger picture, they're both lying - Politicians and the Media

Good luck anyway buddy

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Most people don't want to believe that the world of abundance they live in could go sour. They believe that what you don't know can't hurt you.

Reality will set in to everyone eventually and the economy will eventually crumble. Pay off as much of your debt on your house so you do not loose it if the shtf. Keep some food stores in rotation, I doubt if the worst part will last much more than a couple of months and there will be some food available after that. Get prepared then try to fit into society and don't talk to others about it too much, you don't want to appear crazy. Warn others on occasion that everyone should have food reserves and alternate heat sources and fuel in case something happens. If you have freezers like I do, running a generator for an hour a day will keep the food frozen if the door is kept shut. A small generator is best, it uses less gas, use candles or oil lamps for light. Once you are prepared, relax and enjoy the good life till something happens. There is nothing insane about being prepared, those who are not prepared to take care of themselves are the ones that are delusional. Let them live in their delusion, but occasionally remind them a little of reality.

Once you learn this, you will be classified as a conservative. Don't be intimidated by the people that are liberals, they can't see what can happen, they are off in the ozone and eventually gravity pulls them down. It is important to note that liberals tend to be a little crazy when things go bad and try to take from the conservatives.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I find it's helpful to make sure you're open to what the other person has to say and show them the same level of listening and consideration that you'd like them to show you. Even if what they have to say isn't necessarily well informed it can give you a good insight into where their ideas already lay, as well as make you think about things in a way you may not.

Also instead of bombarding someone with information just try giving them little snippets and ideas to think over, trying to start with "well do you think this could be because of this that and the other cos i've got reason to believe this due to this thing" rather than trying to tell someone how it is.

Personally i've stopped trying to tell people who don't seem to have a clue (systemites) unless a topic's brought up and then i'll have my say and they'll have theirs. I do warn people about things that may directly affect them though, such as being aware that cameras and microphones can be controlled by government and hackers etc.

People either seem to want to think more about the world or they don't. There's alot of lost souls hanging around, happily unhappy in their lives, but I think it's up to us to work on ourselves and trust that all else will follow. It's hard in a world where conspiracy theorists and such are heavily tarred with the crazy brush. Though I did enjoy a guy I listened to once on red ice radio, can't remember who it was now, who said 'if i'm a conspiracy theorist then you are a coincidence theorist' lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Hi,
Just ask them if they really believe it in their heart; do you have the capacity to govern yourself?

Then ask why, if one thinks they lack the capacity to self-govern, how is it possible to believe someone else has the capacity to govern you, based on equality; came to Earth under same circumstance?

And if they believe they can govern self, why support imposters who are clearly oppressive to everyone elses liberty?

I'm not any more fit to govern you than you are to govern me.

"All I want is a sandwich and a pepsi."
"First, try and clear these hurdles, little man."

The only reason why you'd associate self with that boss you hate is so you can buy a sandwich and a pepsi.
edit on (8/14/1313 by loveguy because: money is to get ppl to cooperate with each other, now that we know, we can utilize cooperation as a form of compensation

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Send them here to ATS! Author a thread on a subject and tell them you'd like them to read and critique it and maybe while reading it something will spark their interest.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by Em2013

You shouldn't even start...

Let it go...you can not save anybody who doesn't want to be saved.

I kind of agree that you can't make somebody care about things they don't want to care about. They have to choose, with their own free will, to be willing to accept said information. And It's my belief, once they understand and are accepting of knowledge, that the flood gates open, curiosity creeps in and soon they HAVE to know. Information is a drug for a truth seeker.

This thread reminds me of my dad and how I had to 'trick' him into being curious. When I became aware of all the shenanigans going on with the US government I had to tell him because he is interested in politics. Well, no matter what I told him, what official documents I showed him or videos filled with facts, he just would not believe it could be true and would not accept any of the information. So, I, like you, wanted to find a way to make him open his eyes. What I did was introduce him to topics he is most interested in (Federal Reserve, JFK, etc) in an attempt to make him curious. It worked. He is very slowly accepting that the government is capable of a lot more sinister activities than previously though and he is now seeking information out on his own.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The strange thing is that most of the people I know well already had a stock of food and alternative heat for years. The young are the ones who don't have it as well as some of the really old people who aren't feeling well. Most older people many years ago knew that being prepared was good and they had food stores to last about four months. It was called a regular pantry back then. It seems that starting with my generation, we started to slack off, trusting in the system we have to take care of us. About twenty years ago, the government made some bad decisions and reduced their foodstores, trusting in businesses to have food. Problem is that these trustworthy businessmen died off, being mostly replaced by businesses desiring high profits and with little reserves, surely not enough to last the country a month.

So it is now our responsibility again to look after ourselves and our families, at least till the government can get it's act in gear. It is expensive though, and our government isn't by any means in good financial shape.

There is peace of mind knowing that you can provide for your family for a couple of months if something happens. Call me crazy but I have this inner peace because of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Let the dead bury their dead.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

As the old saying goes:

You can lead a horse to water - but you can`t make him drink

Your enthusiasm to share and enlighten, might be as welcome as a Jehovah Witness knocking on your front day on a Sunday morning sleep-in.

Out of curiosity - what are the top five pieces of information you wish to enlighten him on ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join