It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Brazil Energy Giant Paid Bribes to Parties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

SAO PAULO--Brazil's state-run energy giant Petrobras (IW 1000/21) funneled kickbacks to officials from political parties, the weekly Epoca news magazine reported yesterday. Epoca cited evidence from lobbyist Joao Augusto Rezende, a former head of BR Distribuidora, a Petrobras subsidiary. Augusto told the weekly he handled all Petrobras's foreign contracts and collected a "fee" from the companies involved. The lobbyist for the Brazilian Democratic Movement Party, which is part of President Dilma Rousseff's ruling coalition, said between 60% and 70% of the graft money was passed on to the party.

IndustryWeek

I still find it appalling no matter where you go, if there is politics there is corruption. No matter when you or I think we are taking steps forward somewhere in the shadows big business and politics hold us 2 steps back in regards to progress. This article discusses Brazilian energy company Petrobras bribing political leaders that are currently in the leadership chair. This BS is and always will be a worldly problem, I thought that Brazil was doing some right things in the energy sector, it wasn't long ago I was reading about a movement to install solar panels in the poorer sections and all that. I thought there was progress there but apparently greed wins again, wonderful.

B-man

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Where ever there are people, unhindered by checks and balances, you will get corruption.

First rule of managing people Inspect what you expect.

Anyone with power should be monitored very closely, from business to political.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The world is in shambles and the state of affairs politcally with most nations that generate wealth is filled with corruption I do not need to prove it it is like the wind you don't need to see it to know it is there. I wonder when the world will realize that the golden rule is not a good rule?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by benrl

The world is in shambles and the state of affairs politcally with most nations that generate wealth is filled with corruption I do not need to prove it it is like the wind you don't need to see it to know it is there. I wonder when the world will realize that the golden rule is not a good rule?

It happens all the time, and when those that have, have raped the little people long enough. You end up with a french revolution type event happening.

join