It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video from Edward Snowden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
They say this was filmed on the 8th.

*Note to Mods...I searched high and low. Lots of Snowden stuff. If Already posted do your thing...Thanks.

I am starting to believe Mr. Snowden is a Patriot. He seems like he gave up a lot.

Should we not hear what he has to say? Should the government prove he is lying?

It seems he is not the "Fast Eddie Snowden" our leaders are describing.

Again if posted I missed it. Apologies in advance. A time sensitive search would be helpful.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

It's a month old right?

I didn't see that before.

Thank you.

One thing that gets me is the constant swallowing. Part of me is thinking the plan is the reaction to knowing we are F 'd. The reaction to the reaction would be the point.

The rest of me, the biggest part, thinks that this is legit.

Spying is like being a jealous girl.. Pansies who are afraid should never lead a country.
edit on 8/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The transcript for this is here.

Some interesting comments there as well, for example:

What overshadows your argument is that the US foreign policy is what is really putting us in danger, with the way we treat other sovereign nations, using our enormous economic and military power to extort whole countries into doing what we want, lest we set out to punish them with our arsenal of methods.

Which puts into perspective the act of whistle-blowing. It could be argued (and I think many would be making this argument no matter what Snowden leaked) that any public airing of any of our secrets helps our "enemies." What must be weighed is the long term benefit to real security and human and civil rights, balanced against how revealing secrets may truly be harmful. Whistle-blowing wouldn't be so controversial if every act of whistle-blowing weren't alleged to be harmful to the State. Has any such act ever not been accused of being harmful?

The US has put its own security in increasing jeopardy with its frequent violations of international law, with invasions of sovereign territory of other nations and a series of illegal wars; drone terrorism, war crimes, torture, murder of civilians; using our economic and military clout to extort countries into becoming client states; or to allow us to build bases, to cross their borders with impunity, with drones, troops, intelligence personal; and our support for fascist regimes, and banana republic dictators, as long as they submit to our will and serve our interest, no matter how much harm they inflict on their citizens.

Our behavior is what is truly endangering us, fomenting new hatred and new terrorists with every new bombing of funerals and every new corpse of dead children, and every new photo of maimed civilians, and the leaks of that behavior may be what reins in this country and forces us to behave like decent actors on the world stage, instead of a thug beating other nations over the head just because we can.

The national security state is what the real threat to our security is, and if this leak helps put that in check, Snowden will have, in the long run, made us more secure, not less.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." -George Orwell www.dailykos.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by whyamIhere

It's a month old right?

I didn't see that before.

Thank you.

One thing that gets me is the constant swallowing. Part of me is thinking the plan is the reaction to knowing we are F 'd. The reaction to the reaction would be the point.

The rest of me, the biggest part, thinks that this is legit.

Spying is like being a jealous girl.. Pansies who are afraid should never lead a country.
edit on 8/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

I am now very interested in what this man has to say.

Should we believe a Government who constantly lies to us?

Or should we believe a man who risk it all for the truth?

He should be heard.

PS. I think it was taped 3 days ago.

edit on 12-8-2013 by whyamIhere because: It's late

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
The interview has been discussed in several threads.

Random example

Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join