It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulgaria UFO Video Under Scrutiny By Ex-FBI Agent Ben Hansen (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A video showing an unidentified flying object moving across the night sky of Bulgaria’s Haskovo earlier in August has captured the attention of Ben Hansen, the lead investigator of the Syfy Channel's "Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files."

The video, posted by a YouTube user called "nedialko kostadinov," shows the unusual object passing behind numerous wires and structures and changing colors and intensity. Near the beginning of the video is what appears to be an aircraft of some kind, possibly behind the UFO, The Huffington Post has observed.

The Huffington Post has showed the video to Ben Hansen, who said he did not think this particular UFO was a hoax.

'' Yes, that is interesting," Hansen wrote in an email to HuffPost. "If the video is hoaxed, using computer graphics, the videographer has some decent editing skills and a lot of time on their hands. Although it's by no means impossible to hoax such a video, a hoaxer needs to overcome multiple technical challenges

"They need to allow the object to pass behind wires and buildings (a tedious editing process we call rotoscoping), keep the object's size correct when the camera zooms in and out, degrade the object's image properly when zooming in, and add realistic effects, such as image wobbling."

Video : www.youtube.com...

Link : www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Encore

Strange. They don't seem to consider the obvious explanation.
The ISS.
It made a very bright pass over Haskovo on August 4.
www.heavens-above.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

"Although it's by no means impossible to hoax such a video" - Ben Hansen
source

I think this sums up this video. I want to believe in UFO's but since videos are hoax-able, that pretty much throws them out as evidence for me. I do not believe there is one UFO captured on video that was taken by an actual scientific team with credentials.

They are always some random person.

-addition-

Or what Phage said as well. People seem to forget about the ISS in the sky.

edit on 8/10/2013 by mcx1942 because: add

edit on 8/10/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Having watched the video, and having seen an ISS flyover myself, I say the object is to bright and fast to be the ISS.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Having watched the video, and having seen an ISS flyover myself, I disagree.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I could be wrong but wouldn't the ISS fly in a straight path? This appears to change direction to some degree. The ISS would be a good explination except for when I actually watched the video it seems to change course within 20 seconds.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Having watched the video, and having seen an ISS flyover myself, I disagree.

Having watched the video, and having seen the ISS flyover myself, more than once, I tentatively disagree.

Hard to tell what's going on in the vid, however, and not saying it's not the ISS, but first glance says it's not so easily defined IF the reported details are accurate.

Is it rising up over power lines? If not...then, yeah. the ISS makes sense. If it is, then it ain't the ISS.

How would you explain the apparent angle of altitude, phage? I can't see a dolly being the culprit in this case.

edit on 10-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

This appears to change direction to some degree.

Not really any way to determine that with a moving camera POV.

But maybe it was just a coincidence that the ISS passed over that location sometime that night (magnitude -3.2). In any case, a light in the sky = UFO? Sure. UFO = what?

edit on 8/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I am not claiming to know what it is. The ISS would make for a good explination obviously. When I watched the video however the camera appears somewhat stationary and the object in view appears to change direction. I do not have any answers but thought it was strange. I find it hard to imagine a FBI investigator would not be aware of the potential that it might be the ISS.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

The camera follows the light. It is not stationary.

All he seems to have said is that he doesn't think it is a hoax.
I would agree. A misidentification is not a hoax....unless the person knows when the ISS is passing overhead and says the video is of something else.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

But maybe it was just a coincidence that the ISS passed over that location sometime that night (magnitude -3.2). In any case, a light in the sky = UFO? Sure. UFO = what?

You tell us Mr. Smart Guy.

Just joking. Time and place, if accurate, would lend credence to the ISS, but if we are seeing wires, there's no way to get those angles with a handheld nor camera on a tripod. It either has to be a dolly shot or CGI or a real anomaly.

No sound...could be a helicopter with spotlight? Other than those options, you probably need to take a seat and be vewwy, vewwy, quiet.

edit on 11-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Encore

Thanks for the post and everyone else on their observations and speculations. Maybe I am just getting cynical with age, but, these days I just try to defer first, to the most logical explanation.

With that said. It looks like an unidentified flying object. However, then you try to look at some logical explanations. Stars, satellites, the ISS, an unannounced lift off of a rocket, could be a variety of things.

However, based upon information supplied by other members, my first conclusion is that it is probably the International Space Station. NASA on their website provides anyone access to when (time and location) for an interested viewer to look and see when the ISS is passing over a given part of the world.
Tracking the ISS via NASA schedule of its position

So, considering what we know in this incident, I'd deduce that it probably was the ISS. All other guesses are welcome, but let's not just jump to the conclusion that it is simply something not man-made. Just my approach! Happy Trails!!

edit on 11-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I'm not sure what it is but I do see slight changes in the brightness that may be strobe lights under the main light , I see the guy has a channel filed with similar videos of lights dating back to June last year which makes me suspect a terrestrial origin .

Here's one from October last year ...

Just 8km from where the guy films these lights is Malevo Airport , a small airport used for charter jets , this could be what he is filming .
www.charterjets.com...

edit on 11-8-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

You tell us Mr. Smart Guy.

Just joking. Time and place, if accurate, would lend credence to the ISS, but if we are seeing wires, there's no way to get those angles with a handheld nor camera on a tripod. It either has to be a dolly shot or CGI or a real anomaly.

No sound...could be a helicopter with spotlight? Other than those options, you probably need to take a seat and be vewwy, vewwy, quiet.

edit on 11-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

No way to get those angles really, that depends on what the wires are for .

From Google streetview.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Having watched the video, and having seen an ISS flyover myself, I say the object is to bright and fast to be the ISS.

I've seen the ISS many times, and it has often been the brightest thing in the sky -- even brighter than Venus. Also, depending on the angle from which I have viewed it, I have seen it appear to move relatively slowly, and I have seen it appear to move almost (but not quite) as fast as a high-flying jet.

Plus, don't forget that this video is zoomed in on the object, so it will appear to be moving even faster than it would appear if the camera was not zoomed in on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
reply to post by Phage

I am not claiming to know what it is. The ISS would make for a good explination obviously. When I watched the video however the camera appears somewhat stationary and the object in view appears to change direction. I do not have any answers but thought it was strange.

It seems to me that the camera was hand-held, and the camera operator was pivoting and turning his body while tracking the object. That turn and pivot of his body would make the path of the object "not straight" relative to the video frame throughout the video.

Originally posted by GArnold
...I find it hard to imagine a FBI investigator would not be aware of the potential that it might be the ISS.

Maybe he is just trying to promote his name and his TV show. He may intentionally be ignoring the ISS explanation because it is too mundane, and doesn't make for good TV, not does it make a good story that the internet news papers would pick up (with a story that mentions of his name and his TV show).

Or, perhaps he (as are many people) is simply not that knowledgeable about the ISS. An ex-FBI agent is not necessarily going to be an expert in lights in the sky, videos analysis, nor necessarily have knowledge about ISS overhead passes.
edit on 8/11/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Encore

Looks like burning Nitrogen in the atmosphere.
Ever hear of that.

If the burning surrounds the ship that sounds impossible doesn't it.
Well the possibilities end with Tesla to be sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Why do you argue about satellites? See the date and time of when satellites pass through that region and if yes - then that's what likely was, if not, then it's not.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
Why do you argue about satellites? See the date and time of when satellites pass through that region and if yes - then that's what likely was, if not, then it's not.

Right. And as Phage mentioned above, there was an overhead pass of the International Space Station (ISS) that could be seen from Haskovo, Bulgaria at the exact time and date as mentioned in YouTube information. It was magnitude -3.2, which would have made it the brightest object in the sky at the time.

I'm including a chart from Heavens-above.com that shows the pass information. Please note that the ISS pass over Haskovo between 5:10 AM and 5:16 AM was 10° above the horizon at its low point, and got as high as 55°, which seems to match what we saw on the video:

edit on 8/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR

Why because it is the same time Alien UFOs pass that way as a cover.
Aliens would know all as even controlled UFO flights would as well.

The Illuminati can let UFOs out without a cover plan.

<<   2 >>

join