It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans are Angry with Ed Asner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Mods: I did a search for the title of the video and there were no results so if this is a re-post feel free to delete the thread.

Tax the Rich narrated by Ed Asner

Apparently, Republicans are not happy with Ed Asner for narrating this subversive animated video. It purports to explain what is happening in the USA.

Agree or disagree? Is Ed Asner a hero patriot or traitor to this country?

edit on 10-8-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

reply to post by TheComte

I've never heard of the guy, but sounds like one of them commies to me. KGB propaganda.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I remember the name for some reason. But I had to Google him. To be honest I'm more in-tune with what the Founding Father's have said about taxing: "No taxation without representation." I know the history of the slogan. However, what I mean by my interpretation is that we should your our money responsible and do what's best for the people and the country. Way too many crooked people and what not. I dislike it! Cama cama leepa chai!

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Does he have to be Either Or ?

I have always found him to be a genuinely believable actor.

But my question is. ... . .. Did he do it so he put food on the table or did he do it for politically motivated reasons?

It seems to have a ring of truth to it .. . don't you think?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I'm a Republican. I don't give a rats ass about Asner. He has been a lefty for a long long time. Lefties say Lefty stuff. It's what they do. I think the whole idea of giving credence to Hollywood types is a little too silly. Just because your on TV does not mean your ideas are relevant. How about we pay attention to the People who make laws. The people who make policy. How about we pay attention to rich folk and what they do. Power can be had in several ways. Ed Asner has no power.

V

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You could have just left it saying "Republicans are angry..."

And you refer to 'our country'...aren't you a Canuck? Just looking at your avatar.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

"No taxation without representation."

You have representation- end of story.

He is right, the rich must be taxed more or this country will be an aristocracy in about 50 years.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hmmm, I don't believe I said "our country."

I said "in the USA" and "this country" referring to the location of ATS. I admit I do assume ATS is located in the USA.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Variable

So I take it you don't agree that the video is an accurate yet simplistic portrayal of what is happening in the USA?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Asner is a true American patriot. This little video is awesome and describes just what is occurring in this country.

The rich get greedier and the country gets poorer.

The rich exploit the resources of the country and bribe the politicians, particularly REPUBLICANS (That’s why they are mad at Asner) so they can get more, more and more.

These pigs have no ethics, morality and are the worst enemy that America ever had.
Ed Asner

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

I've never heard of the guy, but sounds like one of them commies to me. KGB propaganda.

You never heard of the guy? Commie? Haha. KGB? Hahahahahhh You're hilarious! You must have quite a following. An entourage, if you will.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Not sure about him being a Commie but on the Mary Tyler Moore show he had the best hangover line.....ever in the history of man.

"Have you ever felt so bad you would have to rally to die."

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

It's not about whether he is a hero or a patriot, if he supposts a progressive tax structure that makes him a Marxist, and pretty much ignorant of supply side economics.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

You never heard of the guy? Commie? Haha. KGB? Hahahahahhh You're hilarious! You must have quite a following. An entourage, if you will.

Well, support of a progressive tax structure is one of the 10 planks of Communism.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Are you saying the USA used to be communist, but now it isn't?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Are you saying the USA used to be communist, but now it isn't?

No. For the first 130 or so years there was no income tax.

A progressive tax structure is one of the 10 planks of Communism.

I literally just pointed that out though in my previous post.
edit on 11-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I was joking, so glad you found the humour there. I was writing in the current trend on ATS, its called Marxist Tourette's, I see its an infliction, suffered by many on this site. It seems the red has definitely returned under the American bed, its getting cosy under there, with the Islamic and domestic terrorist.

I did do a search on Asner and Fox News said he was a conspiracy theorist. So not to be trusted.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So I take it you don't agree that the video is an accurate yet simplistic portrayal of what is happening in the USA?

Oh you want me to waste my life watching Asners Lefty YouTube video because you lack summarization skills?
I watched the first part of it. The problem with most lefties is they like to ignore facts and reality. Asner's world view seems to be stuck circa 1950. The Golden boom times, when all the world bought American products. When all was new and exciting. In other words, a bubble. We now live after that big growth spurt bubble. Post Utopian growth as it were. China now lives in that same paradigm. Massive growth, excitement, movement.

Heavy industry sales have moved past the US. Cost of living has sky rocketed. Food costs are astronomical compared to the 1950's. These are market driven forces and they are very complex. There are far more rich people than there was in 1950. The US is still blessed with very savvy business people. Even if you stole all the wealth from the 1% you could not fund the Government for more than a year or two. The 1% make more than 1.5 million US per year. I don't know anyone who is that rich. Th majority of the tax payers (who actually fund the government) are between 100,000 and under 1.5 million.

It's hard to summarize everything you should know. So it's better if you state some facts you beleive then other people could agree/disagree.

I doubt this image will come out but its a graph or who pays what.

Taxes paid

V

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

That may be so, but a progressive tax is not exclusive to Marxism. The first progressive taxes were implemented in Great Britain in the 14th Century, long before Marx. Progressive income tax in the US began in 1862. As far as I know the USA didn't turn communist at the time.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

No, you can waste your life however you see fit.

You're right that food is more expensive now than in the 50s. It's called inflation. That would be fine if wages would have followed suit but they haven't. In fact, real wages have stagnated since the 70s. No wonder the 50s, 60s, and even the 70s were boom times. Even though mortgage rates reached nearly 20%, people still had money to buy things back then.

Then along came free trade, which encouraged producers to make their products overseas. Bye bye good paying jobs and hello downward pressure on wages.

Now, it wouldn't be so bad if industry had reinvested its now increasing profits into creating jobs. And that was the reasoning politicians gave people when they cut corporate taxes, and passed laws allowing for tax loop holes. They said that if the corporation had more money, they would create more jobs. But that hasn't happened. The rich are hoarding their money. The result is an economy that constantly needs cash injections from the Federal Reserve to prevent depression..

I point this out merely to show that there are many more factors involved than you put forward in your simplistic explanation. You see, "righties" often overlook and ignore facts and reality that contradict their opinions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join