It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Near Death Experience - Purgatory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
This woman committed suicide because she was totally self absorbed. Depression happens if the false self is strong. Ego believes everything is about them - it is the 'poor me' attitude.
In my opinion after watching the video (thanks NewAgeMan) she was so absorbed in her own suffering in life that when she died that she carried on being absorbed in the thoughts of despair. Thoughts is all she was left with because that was where her attention went in life - so she was asked 'Is this what you want?' - meaning 'do you like living this way only surrounded by darkness (thoughts about how bad everything is) - or would you like to see the light?'

I have read another account of a NDE (not suicide) and the man said it was just darkness. In the darkness, he thought there is something missing - and as soon as the word 'light' happened there was light. It seems that the despairing might not be able to do this as they are lost in thoughts.
Maybe all that is required is to just remember that the light dispels the darkness.

The "problem" isn't just with her, but with the others she saw there in that terrible, dark and hopeless domain.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It doesn't really matter...

Some people claim to see Buddha in heaven, and others claim to see him in hell.

Some claim to see Muhammad in heaven, and others claim to see him in hell.

Based on this information, it seems to me that the afterlife is a subjective experience based on a person's personal emotions and belief systems.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Based on this information, it seems to me that the afterlife is a subjective experience based on a person's personal emotions and belief systems.

I'd go along with that, but many times a person gets surprised by the afterlife NDE.
Atheists who expect nothing but instead find themselves out of their bodies and
experiencing a 'life review'.... that kind of thing.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join