It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories continue on rapid gold price plunge

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Me 75% stocks like tsvrx.....25% franklins.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Unless you made alchemy work, yes, gold is a finite metal.

The gold in the Earth is not on the market, therefore has no effect on supply side economics.

People are forgetting another source of gold....

What happens to the value of gold if you have antigravity and free energy? With free energy you can transmute elements to gold... or you can get it in space from meteors and other planets.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Why don't you save your money until gold bottoms out again?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

What do you consider "bottoming out"?

Is that what gold was in 2003? 1993? 1983? 1903? 1703?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by SPYvsSPY

You trade the shiny stuff for many of those Franklins. And when the economy collapses, you can always keep those Franklin's for toilet paper.

Thing is though you would have had to apply the ages old "buy low sell high" law to make any franklins. If you bought high....well now you are losing franklins.

Depends how long you hold it before you sell.

I would never advise keeping precious metals for an investment strategy like that. Play the stock market lottery for that methodology. My metals is for my retirement, so my initial investment was looking at a 50 year return minimum.

You must play gold on the dips and spikes. Who says the trains going to be waiting there when you retire? The only gold worth anything right now is the gold folks bought when it was around 400$ an oz. They are looking at 1000$ cash per oz profit right now. Folks that bought on the high end say 1500$ are already in the whole.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Gold always falls after a surge. It may fall back down to under 500$ in a short time.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

You trade the shiny stuff for many of those Franklins. And when the economy collapses, you can always keep those Franklin's for toilet paper.

Thing is though you would have had to apply the ages old "buy low sell high" law to make any franklins. If you bought high....well now you are losing franklins.

I would never advise keeping precious metals for an investment strategy like that. Play the stock market lottery for that methodology. My metals is for my retirement, so my initial investment was looking at a 50 year return minimum.

You must play gold on the dips and spikes. Who says the trains going to be waiting there when you retire? The only gold worth anything right now is the gold folks bought when it was around 400$ an oz. They are looking at 1000$ cash per oz profit right now. Folks that bought on the high end say 1500$ are already in the whole.

No, you buy "paper gold" if you're looking for turning a short term profit. I'm not, I own gold for my retirement, or for when the dollar collapses, whichever event comes first. And when I began buying gold it was under $300 an ounce.

Do you know why all these nations who hold US treasury bonds are buying gold with the interest payments as fast as they can?

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Gold always falls after a surge. It may fall back down to under 500$ in a short time.

Impossible, unless maybe the US nationalizes an oil industry to back the US dollar. The dollar is being massively devalued. Gold holds it's buying power, the dollar has lost a tremendous amount of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I am looking at it falling to someplace around$650 to$750 at the next bottom.

The majors are now cutting production for the last few months. part of the gold is being stored for the next cycle to pay for there operations.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No, you buy "paper gold" if you're looking for turning a short term profit. I'm not, I own gold for my retirement, or for when the dollar collapses, whichever event comes first. And when I began buying gold it was under $300 an ounce.

Had I a good stash of 300$ oz gold, I would have sold just about all of it when it hit 1000$ and paid off my house. That sort of thing. That's how to hedge against inflation. That would have been a major retirement issues off the table in a shot right there.

What I am talking about is not a short term profit but max profit when the thing cycles up to the high end.

Here another strategy. Buy a truck load of 300oz gold sell it all near the top then buy back as much as you can when it bottoms out again, take your profit from the difference and you still have your gold.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join