It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resonance: Music, Quantum, and Chaos

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by tachyonmind

Have you ever come across a perfect simulation from physicists of what their equations and minds say the universe truly 'looks/works' like?

I personally would love to see how they think an electron interacts with the 'em/photon' field, a simulation of an electron traveling and then being accelerated to create photons. I would love to see how they think that occurs, to create a visualization of this activity.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Have you ever come across a perfect simulation from physicists of what their equations and minds say the universe truly 'looks/works' like?

nope. i have never found such a simulation in anything but music.. string theory is musical theory, it comes close..

I personally would love to see how they think an electron interacts with the 'em/photon' field, a simulation of an electron traveling and then being accelerated to create photons. I would love to see how they think that occurs, to create a visualization of this activity.

have to have a phd and use maths to describe it and be taken seriously these days.. it's sad..

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yes but music is emergent. Fundamental physics is trying to figure out what the stuff is made of and how that stuff exists and works. Music requires air, and frequencies of mass vibrating. Without the medium of air mass can still vibrate and so music is just the harmonic (or dissonant) coherence of frequency of mass vibration. So I guess what you are saying makes sense if you are saying that the air acts like the 'em/photon' field, and the electron acts like the string on a guitar, and when the electron or guitar string is accelerated a photon is created or the energy that was associated with the previous state of the mass was contributed to a surrounding coupled or integrated field, which then carried that energy. So it appears these fundamental fields are just very tightly taught fields that are stretched the area of the universe with no problem. The problem I have with is understand how might such a field be capable of existing, how can something be all encompassing and connected, without need of connections, how can fields be envisioned as physically existing entities.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yes but music is emergent. Fundamental physics is trying to figure out what the stuff is made of and how that stuff exists and works.

not really, fundamental physics is only trying to figure out what we are made of and how we exist and work..

Music requires air, and frequencies of mass vibrating. Without the medium of air mass can still vibrate and so music is just the harmonic (or dissonant) coherence of frequency of mass vibration. So I guess what you are saying makes sense if you are saying that the air acts like the 'em/photon' field, and the electron acts like the string on a guitar, and when the electron or guitar string is accelerated a photon is created or the energy that was associated with the previous state of the mass was contributed to a surrounding coupled or integrated field, which then carried that energy. So it appears these fundamental fields are just very tightly taught fields that are stretched the area of the universe with no problem. The problem I have with is understand how might such a field be capable of existing, how can something be all encompassing and connected, without need of connections, how can fields be envisioned as physically existing entities.

is there "air" inside your head? does the music you hear in your mind when you sing to yourself "reverberate"? are creative thoughts "material" things? "emergent" things?

all study of the universe is more about finding yourself in it, than abstractly measuring the part you can see..

a "being", an "entity", is just a state of "be"... everything is a "thing"..

edit on 31-8-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

not really, fundamental physics is only trying to figure out what we are made of and how we exist and work..

Hm, I disagree. I am not the standard model of particles, a black hole, gravity, any type of star or supernova, or dark energy. Fundamental physics, physics in general is trying to figure out everything that is possible to figure out, we happen to be included in that everything.

is there "air" inside your head? does the music you hear in your mind when you sing to yourself "reverberate"? are creative thoughts "material" things? "emergent" things?

The 'music' I can hear in my head is not sound music, it is digital. Just like when you see a dog in your head there is not a dog in your head. Yes thought is material, it requires material to produce it and if we want to get technical the system and event of thought is energetic.

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

Hm, I disagree. I am not the standard model of particles, a black hole, gravity, any type of star or supernova, or dark energy. Fundamental physics, physics in general is trying to figure out everything that is possible to figure out, we happen to be included in that everything.

well yes, you're not the standard model, you are you.. but if i said you were a human being, as defined by the standard model, you couldn't deny it.. also physics can only figure out what is going on from a human's perspective, it can not figure out everything that is possible to figure out, only describe what it sees with solid maths and see what it does.. that makes it a science of humanity..

The 'music' I can hear in my head is not sound music, it is digital. Just like when you see a dog in your head there is not a dog in your head. Yes thought is material, it requires material to produce it and if we want to get technical the system and event of thought is energetic.

exactly.. the only difference between what goes on in your head and what goes on outside of it is your perspective.. the music on a cd is digital, stored as information and read as energy, projected into you by your ears.. but if you stop the cd, the song keeps playing..

we haven't got the mathematics to describe this yet..
edit on 1-9-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join