It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam : father and son live alone in the jungle for 40 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Cool story, they have even built a house in a tree. The father who is 82 years old is in bad health, and the 41 y old son looks like an Asian tarzan and is very shy. The father took his son with him and fled into the jungle 40 years ago, while bombs fell on his village, killing his two other children and his wife (or mother, not clear). Some could say they had a better life than most who live in cities.

Thanh and the son made tools by themselves such as axes and knives from debris of bombs and bullets. They used the dry bark tree trunks to make loin-cloths. They also built a tent on a tree which is some six metres high to protect themselves from wild animals.

source
source

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Given what's going on they should probably stay in the jungle. Safer.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
Given what's going on they should probably stay in the jungle. Safer.

Absolutely...

In the video below the son is seen being led away in hand cuffs.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
These men lived life free from the ugliness of what the modern post war has brought forth in men, they lived in a world of purity where a mans ability to survive is the only skill necassary to live wholly. Damn them people for trying to keep them away from their own home. I bet if someone was lost or hurt in the forest these men if they knew of this would come to their aid expecting nothing what a shame let them live in their jungle dammit!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Where do you see hand cuffs in the video ? I can't see them.

And I agree they should leave the son alone and let him go back to the jungle if that is what he wants. As for the father, I think some more months and he was dead.
edit on 9-8-2013 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

If he chooses too I still think they should allow him to go back to the forest to pass away with his son in his home I really hope they are not forcing them to stay if they want to go back thank you for posting this.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

@ 1:14 they are visible for just a second...

I suspect that they were trying to hide the fact that he was handcuffed.

top topics

join