It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian man outwits bank with hand-written credit contract.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Your written agreement with the IRS is the first time you file taxes like your mommy and your daddy who didn't know any better told you that you should, your parents began the process of your being harvested when they signed your birth certificate and a social security number was generated. Not completely clear on when and how this occurs, or what officer is responsible.

It's quite an elaborate scheme, employers are even required to be a proxy to it via their requiring one to sign tax paperwork before one is even hired for work, and snatching taxes before one even gets paid.

Many of those contracts you are forced to honor are signed and agreed to when one is too young and un-knowledgeable to know better, it's kind of like conditioning.

If I knew never filing income taxes was required until I stupidly fumbled into filing, and worked for cash my entire life, didn't use banks or show any activity in my social security account, I would probably have been able to retire 20 years ago with a mattress full of cash to live off of.

There are consequences to not being a member of the herd, but then when you run with the herd all you see is somebody's ass if you're not in front, and if you're in front you simply get pushed off the cliff by those blindly running behind you.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by macman

All you really need is a good scanner.
The text can be manipulated and pasted back into a word document.
But wouldn't violating or manipulating any part of the agreement against the rules of the agreement? I guess they should verify before signing or agreeing to the terms.

It IS changing their documentation but after all its in THEIR interests to write down WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO HAVE, not the other way around, NO BANK wants to actually help their customers they only want what they can get from them.
Fair do's to the guy for trying and YES the bank should have reread the paperwork after receiving it, it standard practice in the bank I worked for a few years ago.
But these days banks think they are always in the right and shouldn't need to waste time or resources that come out of their profits on checking paperwork out or for errors. All they want is your signature on the paperwork so they can screw you.
The case isn't going to go anywhere UNLESS the guys lawyer is good and if theres a jury to hear the case but I doubt it as the bank will insist on not having it heard before a jury, too many people are unhappy with the banks right now. So in my opinion the case will simply disappear.

I get what the guy was doing though, as banks can change the conditions of YOUR account at anytime they so wish and there's NOTHING you can do about it once you sign, you CAN however change the conditions BEFORE you sign, send the paperwork back unsigned by you and hope the bank honours your changes, but all they'll say is the paperwork has been altered.

A contract is a binding agreement between 2 parties, both sides have the obligations attributed to them inside such a contract. If the bank fails to read such a contract before signing it, then it is their own fault as much as it is the other parties if they fail to read the small print.

Well done to him for using their own weapons against them, truly genius.

But I doubt the banks will be making this same mistake too many times in the future.
Its a pretty damn expensive mistake to make.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by macman

All you really need is a good scanner.
The text can be manipulated and pasted back into a word document.
But wouldn't violating or manipulating any part of the agreement against the rules of the agreement? I guess they should verify before signing or agreeing to the terms.

I guess it would if anywhere in the contract it said the contract could not be altered in any form of fashion from the standard form on record at the banks headquarters located in [address, city, state, country].

But then what the hell do I know?
edit on 10-8-2013 by eNaR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmoreWhy?

When two parties enter a contract, aren't both supposed to be responsible for the wording?

If the bank changes some fine print before your final signing that you overlooked, how is it fraud?

That is what I was told also. Either side can amend a contract before agreeing to it.
The schools should be teaching that instead of all the touchy feely thing they are now.
And just why did they phase out the civics class?

apps.americanbar.org...
edit on 12-8-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

'Now now, we cant have people today growing up and thinking for themselves'

Aye, I agree

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join