It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: Pacific Ocean poisoned, millions at risk?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Fukushima: Pacific Ocean poisoned, millions at risk?

english.pravda.ru

Bad news from Fukushima. Over two years since the nuclear explosion which wrecked the facility after the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, the Pacific Ocean is being poisoned daily with lethal doses of highly toxic substances. This has been going on for over two years and according to some analysts, millions of people are at risk. Including in the USA.

Michael Snyder is among many researchers investigating the tonnes of toxic waste pouring every single day from Fukushima for some 750 days, and it continues, every single second of every minute of every day, week and month. In his article "Radioa
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
tvnz.co.nz

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The news is frightening. It is clear that this suppressed story is now coming out.... as Trillions of Becqs hit the Pacific.. We humans are innocent no more. A ELE has occurred. The talking heads do nothing. A worldwide effort must be undertaken soon. The muppets at Tepco need to be taken off this apocalypse in the making so that we are all not cameo actors of some B movie.

Pravda : 'It gets worse. There is a developing emergency situation at one of the reactors and it is spinning out of TEPCO's control'
Reuters : 'Japan says Fukushima leak worse than thought, government joins clean-up'
TNZ: 'Highly radioactive water from Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant is pouring out at a rate of 150,000 litres a day'

english.pravda.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
why would you start another thread on the same subject? i'm finding it hard to see any difference in content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-8-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes.. This is an update thread.. It has all new information. Several of the key premises were not confirmed; they are now. There are over 249 new stories in the last 48 hours. I have posted the ones which show that the daily tonnage is 300 and it has been leaking into the Pacific for years now..

This story is morphing rapidly.. Note that the new information (unconfirmed) is that Tepco's strategy is causing No 4 reactor to fall into its footprint.
edit on 8-8-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
You said it yourself, this is an update, and should have been just another post in your previous thread, not a new thread. This is one of the major problems with this forum, the same story posted over and over AND OVER when there are existing threads you could be adding to. It's ok, the alternative news forum is already just a rehash of the days mainstream stories, I ain't mad at ya.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yes.. This is an update thread.. It has all new information. Several of the key premises were not confirmed; they are now. There are over 249 new stories in the last 48 hours. I have posted the ones which show that the daily tonnage is 300 and it has been leaking into the Pacific for years now..

This story is morphing rapidly.. Note that the new information (unconfirmed) is that Tepco's strategy is causing No 4 reactor to fall into its footprint.

it could have been added to the other thread but i digress. and for the record, tepco doesn't have a strategy except bull chit the people as long as possible. i doubt # 4 is the only core melted into the earth and honestly there is nothing anyone can do to fix it anyway, just wish the bastards would have said so right up front.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Does anyone really know how radioactive waste will behave in large amounts of water ?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

It is your choice to troll somewhere else..

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Does anyone really know how radioactive waste will behave in large amounts of water ?

well in one way it couldn't be in a better place since water is one of the best insulators against radiation, but on the other hand we are not detached from our oceans and rely heavily on them for food among other things.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I get the Fukushima thing to a point.

But it seems everyone forgets that the US A repeatedly dropped nuclear bombs on the Bikini Atoll and water was obviously contaminated then.

Short memories, or it doesn't count if the US did it?

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think it was kinda stupid to put nuclear power plants in risky areas of Japan. Rationality has consistently been tossed aside by humans because of desire to provide cheap energy to create more income for society. Japan is not the only country that has this problem. Most countries have let irrational behavior become the norm in their societies.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

The main difference between the nuclear tests and Fukushima is that in the nuclear explosions the greatest majority of the nuclear material was converted ti energy. At Fukushima, the material is still there fissioning and spitting out poisons by the ton.

This contamination has indeed been flowing in to the ocean from day one, even before the tsunami arrived.

The material is being dispersed in the ocean not diluted by it, each and every particle is just as radioactive, they're just being spread far and wide by the currents.

Bioaccumulation is what has to be considered. Not just having these elements in the environment. They remain dangerous for decades, some of them for millennia.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Bioaccumulation is what has to be considered. Not just having these elements in the environment. They remain dangerous for decades, some of them for millennia.

I just sent an email to NOAA's FishWatch site asking a few questions, because of bioaccumulation.
Questions such as:
What percentage of seafood imports are screened for radiation? Do they have a list of fish only caught in the North Atlantic? (since I try to avoid GOM products because of the Corexit crap (sorry guys)) Does the US government have plans to expand their "from Boat to Throat" program to track seafood?

I'll let you know if I get a response.

This sucks.

edit on 8/8/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Good for you, I hope you get something other than a canned, boilerplate response like the one I got from the scientist investigating the possibility that the Unusual Mortality Event involving Alaskan seals and the "mysterious illness" were related to radiation.

Initial tests indicated the incident was not related, but as of the latest update I posted, here still saying isn't but they are also saying that testing is ongoing.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that the government was not directly involved with the containment and clean up of Fukushima every step in the way and, instead, has continued to let TEPCO control the entire operation. Perhaps the Japanese government should have paid attention to BP's activities and falsehoods after the Macondo Well blew because, as Milton Friedman said, "There is one and only one social responsibility of business...to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud”. Care for the environment, or commons, is not included in this much lauded "ethical" stance of the corporate world. It is truly a broken mentality that we seem to increasingly pay the price for as in the case of Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

This may be more prophetic than we think.....

www.youtube.com...

Drastic mutations...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Although the 23 nuclear bombs dropped on the Bikini Atoll and the over 40 atmospheric detonations did have effects on the areas soils and the waters around it and the soil decades later is still high in cesium-137.en.wikipedia.org... People are still not allowed to live there.

In fact not just around it but as far away as India fallout was measured.

But I guess that's ok, because animals around that area must not swim freely outside of that 65 km perimeter nor must they pass on radiation to other fish who eat them and so on.

BTW what is "converted ti energy"?
edit on 8/8/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The movie Godzilla was inspired by the Bikini tests and the Japanese fishermen who died from the radiation in 1954.
Godzilla was supposed to have been "awakened" by nearby atomic tests.

edit on 8/8/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Surely radioactive 'particles' released or "accidentally spilt" into the ocean may, through the water cycle be taken up into the clouds and then spread via raindrops over time.?

PDUK

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Well it's bad sure.... but... this is how we get Godzilla. Just call me Mr. Silver lining.

Seriously though, I heard on NPR today they are thinking about encapsulating the reactors in ice. Yes... ice... What could possibly go wrong with that? Ice has that permanence that really makes it ideal for stopping all that radiation.

It boggles the mind. I still have yet to get my iodine pills. I am soooo lazy.

V

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join