It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help starting my riding mower...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have a 17 hp twin briggs that I am trying to start. The motor is good....the batery will not hold a charge. I have no way to jump it but....

I have a 3.5 hp briggs push mower. Can I hook up the positive and negative wire I use to shut it off and hook them up to my battery to charge it then jump it off...or can I run my push mower and run a positive from the spark plug to the spark plugs on the push mower with the key in the on position...

Would try my ideas but dont want to blow anything up

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Buy a new battery would be my recommendation.

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Truck is being used. No way to get too store. Have 4 yards need to be mowed by 7.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Neither of the things you said will work, it will just blow up the battery. The battery is 12 volts and the voltage coming off the spark plug wire is roughly 15,000 - 30,000 volts......

The only way is to get another 12 volt battery and jump start it...ATV, another tractor, car, truck ect...ect...

Does the mower have a back up pull starter on it? check.

Otherwise your outta luck.

Better get started with the push mower........
edit on 7-8-2013 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

edit on 7-8-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is a good way to charge a battery if you have a chainsaw. Its for a pickup truck but should work for a riding mower, too.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Here is a good way to charge a battery if you have a chainsaw. Its for a pickup truck but should work for a riding mower, too.

Great find! But this will only work if the Battery can hold a charge...obviously.

new topics

top topics

join