It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Chelsea Clinton Run For Office?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Most talking heads expect that Chelsea Clinton will go into the family business .... politics. Chelsea Clinton has made a few statements, one as recent as this past week, about running for office.

www.youtube.com...

CNN August 5, 2013

CNN vIdeo from Chelsea Clinton in Rwanda.
Chelsea said up till now she was purposely leading a private life.
Now she is purposely leading a public life.
She isn't going to run for office 'now'.
She will run if she thinks she can make a difference.
Translation of video ... yep, I'll be running at some point and nepotism in politics helps a whole lot!

So the question .. does ATS want another Clinton in office? Why or why not??

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Gods I hope not. I don't like this trend in politics of family political dynasties. Somehow I find it Un American.

You got the Kennedy's, the Paul's the Clinton's the Bush's, I don't think its right.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
Gods I hope not. I don't like this trend in politics of family political dynasties. Somehow I find it Un American.

You got the Kennedy's, the Paul's the Clinton's the Bush's, I don't think its right.

The Paul's never held any type of real power.... the Kennedy's, bush's and Clinton's did though.

My initial reaction was 'god I hope not.' Not another Clinton...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would be funny if she bumps her mom off the ticket in 2016.

Poor OLD Hillary just can't catch any breaks.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The republic doesnt work when career politicians and their families establish dynasties.

They're just royals at this point and their heads should roll.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
short answer? God forbid...we've had enough of Clintons, Bushes, Kennedys, and any of the other would-be political dynasties...and that most assuredly includes the Pauls.

Having said that? It's hardly unique to this era of American history...

The Adams. The Lees. Or related families. So many of the older families are so intermarried and related, it's hard to find any who aren't related to each other in some form or fashion...

I agree with the premise that dynastic political families are anti-ethical to a Republican form of govt... But it's also completely unavoidable at this point.

Bloodlines shouldn't matter. Competence? Knowledge? Experience?

I'm curious as to what Ms. Clinton has done that would qualify her for any political office higher than say a city council post somewhere? Certainly nothing like a higher office... That could be my own bias speaking, I suppose. Who knows? She might be a natural leader...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with the last person talking in that video. Chelsea is simply not limiting herself. Chelsea gave the exact same answer I would give if asked that. Her answer was effectively "Idunno".

Why say no and then have fate hand you a big plate of irony in the future that you'd have to explain to everybody?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You know,

Just look at how people are able to become politicians. and you will be able to figure out why nothing ever gets done and stays the same almost no matter who is in office, it's because family and friends are only able to get in, your vote doesn't do much except possibly hire a local voice that gets silenced once it garners any real attention.

I feel that we shouldn't allow family to run for political positions, that to me just seems corrupt. How can you have a family being governors in various states and still think we have fair and balanced governing?

I mean, wow, they must really think we are stupid or they must really love to rub it in our faces, and to that I say, Karma, Karma is a fickle bitch. Newton was right about that at least, for every action there is a opposite an/or equal reaction, thank goodness.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think she should run, why not!

She is qualified because her parents were in politics.

The tiny bit of fat from Bush's artery should run because he did.

I once saw a president wear a hat, since I own a similar hat, I should be qualified as well.

Politics has gotten so stupid recently that a community organizer with no legislative experience other than a few months as a state senator got him elected president.

What ever happened to showing leadership skills and capabilities to handle a crisis?

What ever happened to showing experience? Learning experience?

I guess the job is so easy that even a child of a politician can do it!

What the hell does that say about Americans as a nation? As a people?

Are we so easily led now, that anyone who wears the crown can lead us?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I would say it depends a lot on how her moms Presidency goes (yes, I'm already calling the 2016 election). She won't enter politics until after that time, but it will probably be immediately after, or at the very end, that is as long as Hillary's Presidency isn't a complete disaster (by real measures, not Fox News measures). If her Presidency is rocky, Chelsea will wait a few years before entering.

She is only 33, she has a good 10 years to get to the point of people not looking at her like a little kid that grew up in the White House. I believe she will probably start as Senator of New York, just like Momma.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Most talking heads expect that Chelsea Clinton will go into the family business .... politics. Chelsea Clinton has made a few statements, one as recent as this past week, about running for office.

most people who have been parents know that children don't always grow up to what we 'want' them to be. Right away, they tend to pull away and seek their own identity and path in life. Moreover, the generally rebel against things we teach them, choosing instead to discover it all without our help.

Being the child of Bill and Hilary, I cannot imagine that life for Miss Chelsea was something she would have chosen... it couldn't have been easy.

We've seen this before... sons and daughters of well known politicals from both sides emerging to stand against their parents in basic beliefs.

Chelsea will be whomever she is... who she chooses to be and I would not be inclined to expect to see a clone of either Mommy or Daddy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So the question .. does ATS want another Clinton in office? Why or why not??

1 Clinton as Potus was enough to screw the country
2 Clinton as Secretary of State was enough to screw the country.

Does Chelsea really want to run in mommy and daddies footsteps?

God help us all.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It wouldn't matter whether she does or doesn't if we would become active participants in our political process.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Of course she will !!

She's NWO just like her parents.

We need to investigate her husband's family affiliations.

Could be more NWO connections.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No! Dear God! Please, for the love God! No!!!! I cannot stand any more crooked people and liars in office. I feel Chelsea would be no different.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
It wouldn't matter whether she does or doesn't if we would become active participants in our political process.

That's a nice thought the active participation of morons wouldnt help matters any. I use the term "morons" broadly. Plenty if PhD holding morons out there.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

No! Dear God! Please, for the love God! No!!!! I cannot stand any more crooked people and liars in office. I feel Chelsea would be no different.

That pretty much is the definition of a politician these days, what's one more?

Anyways, the political hate for the Democratic party is a bit thick in this thread.

M.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You can believe it! She will run for office some day.

BTW, does anybody else think Chelsea is the spitting image of Eleanor Roosevelt? When you put a pic of Eleanor at around the same age as Chelsea side by side, the resemblance is remarkable to me. The only problem is that it is almost impossible to find an image of Chelsea not smiling....or one of Eleanor smiling.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Don't just think of people as a person who only dislikes the democratic party. I dislike pretty much any politician regardless of party.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hope shes got a 50 million campaign fund

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join