It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New tech seamlessly integrates with the human body and the environment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
For years now, I have been thinking that if we as humans can imagine something, we can make it happen for real. Our imagination creates our reality. My imagination is my most valuable treasure.

Here is an example I just wanted to throw out there because your creative ATS minds might just sprout some amazing ideas/uses for this...

"Now, you can wrap electronics not just around maybe a ball pen, but even around a human hair," project leader Martin Kaltenbrunner told Business Insider in an email. "Our sensor foils can easily conform even to wrinkles of skin and be wrapped around the elbow or finger knuckles that steadily move, and still work perfectly." It could clear the way for innovations like ultra-sensitive "smart" skin that can collect information about the body and environment, highly responsive artificial limbs, and extremely badass video game controllers. It works in wet environments too, so you can wear it all day — even in the shower.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Man, that's one DRY video! It will be interesting to see where these things end up.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That is awesome.

That is Flexi paper I came up with and wrote down about 7 years ago, after I saw a segment about a bendable display screen, this is that idea times 100.

Think about this, flexible tv screens that can go on your hand, wrist, clothes, anything, you can basically turn anything into a camera, a screen, a touchpad, a input device for something else wirelessly or maybe you wanted a way to fly a paper airplane like a jet? 3d printed electronics? Oh yes, my mind won't stop lol.

Thanks OP

On a sidenote, I am working on something that once I am able to talk about, could change how we view everything around us, most likely how we value everything around us.

join