It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico and Canada Declared Part of US Homeland by Senate Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Has this been posted yet? I conducted a search and found nothing that came up so if someone else has posted this, please say something.

So while we are been distracted on these so-called "possible terrorist attacks" Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein referring the United States, Canada and Mexico has "the Homeland" at a NSA Senate briefing this passed Wednesday.

During the briefing, Feinstein, who serves as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, was defending the NSA’s data-collection programs when she pulled out a world map that identified North America as the “Homeland”. The newly-declassified diagram showed terror activity that the NSA had allegedly disrupted throughout the world.

If you do a google search you will see this all over the web except for our usual msm.
What do your mind tell you what's really going? You decide.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...
rt.com...

edit on 5-8-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here is the Youtube video breakdown.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure I'd read too much into this, while looking at what those simpletons call "Asia". Wow... Did Yemen know they were an Asian nation? I'll bet PNG is a little surprised to learn that too. Asia is a BIG BIG place in the halls of Homeland Security!

....or they're too cheap and lazy to record and categorize things in more detail. lol... At least Europe is given it's very own identity. How kind of them, eh?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Better yet, I didn't know Russia was part of Asia.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ok. Im a responder with FEMA/DHS. All it refers to is the continuing LAND MASS. Like the countries in EUROPE. The COUNTRIES in AFRICA-ASIA..etc.
The whole thing youre referring to is called NORTH AMERICA (The countries south is SOUTH AMERICA and CENTRAL AMERICA. All separate countries referred to by land mass)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Looking at the map one can conclude that they gave each continent a single color.

Asia Red
Europe Yellow
North America Green
etc

Notice that little box that says "HOMELAND"? it's pointing right in the middle of the U.S.

edit on 8/5/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I remember in elementary school that U.S., Mexico and Canada was all part of North America.

In my opinion this is no big deal, but if you read some of the comments in these external sites, people are having a cow.

But with all the talking and typing about the North American Union, I think some people are confusing themselves with this. T
edit on 5-8-2013 by sylent6 because: typing on a mobile

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well OP, look at the bright side. At least the Pentagon knows the world is divided into a few more geographic areas than Homeland Security appreciates.

Although, I've always wondered what other people must feel to see a map like this or the OP map and read the U.S. command designations across their own lands and nations. I think I'd feel more than a little ...awkward, at least, if a Russian world map showed my nation to be just another Russian military zone. Yes.. Awkward..That would be the word.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Again our internet media just blew this out of context when it really started over a Twitter comment. (good l*rd!)

All they're saying is that the U.S. wants or lets say "demands" Canadian and Mexican authorities to cooperate with them in a event of some "attack". It doesn't mean that all three countries are under one nation that some may assume.

It's good to see people waking up and reading derailing titles such as these.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Yes. Thats all it is. North Amerca, South Amercia, Central America, Asia, Middle East, Indoneisa...a lot of countries in each all referred to in general as "one".

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What the heck is up with South America and Australia? Does no "terror" exist there?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Has this been posted yet? I conducted a search and found nothing that came up so if someone else has posted this, please say something.

So while we are been distracted on these so-called "possible terrorist attacks" Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein referring the United States, Canada and Mexico has "the Homeland" at a NSA Senate briefing this passed Wednesday.

During the briefing, Feinstein, who serves as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, was defending the NSA’s data-collection programs when she pulled out a world map that identified North America as the “Homeland”. The newly-declassified diagram showed terror activity that the NSA had allegedly disrupted throughout the world.

If you do a google search you will see this all over the web except for our usual msm.
What do your mind tell you what's really going? You decide.

www.huffingtonpost.ca...
rt.com...

I think they commissioned out Parker Brothers for their defense department cartography.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Feinstein is a dolt. But then again, look who she represents.

To be truthful though, what kind of scares me nowadays is that it is now common place to refer to the United States as "The Homeland".

It smells of fascism to me.

Nazi Germany was the Fatherland

Soviet Union was Mother Russia.

People need to stop buying into this verbage.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well OP, look at the bright side. At least the Pentagon knows the world is divided into a few more geographic areas than Homeland Security appreciates.

Although, I've always wondered what other people must feel to see a map like this or the OP map and read the U.S. command designations across their own lands and nations. I think I'd feel more than a little ...awkward, at least, if a Russian world map showed my nation to be just another Russian military zone. Yes.. Awkward..That would be the word.
edit on 5-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

What's with the lines thru Alaska and Greenland?

Doesn't Alaska fall under the umbrella of NorthCom? Aren't they considered a state within the U.S. ?

If I was Governor of Alaska, I would be making some phone calls. Just to ruffle some feathers for grins and giggles.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm not sure I'd read too much into this, while looking at what those simpletons call "Asia". Wow... Did Yemen know they were an Asian nation? I'll bet PNG is a little surprised to learn that too. Asia is a BIG BIG place in the halls of Homeland Security!

....or they're too cheap and lazy to record and categorize things in more detail. lol... At least Europe is given it's very own identity. How kind of them, eh?

Yemen is located in Southwest Asia

en.wikipedia.org...

Southwest Asia is part of the continent of Asia, Russia also is mostly in Asia.
The newly formed continent of "Homeland" used to be that of North America.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hmmm... Well, in looking at that? I think Alaska has the stripe coloring to show a mix of NorthCom and PacCom. I hadn't actually thought about it until you mentioned it. I went on the net looking to find a global command map and they all show the same divisions of course. That one just showed things with a lot of the junk others have. Cleaner. Alaska does make some sense as part of Pacific Command though..doesn't it?

@ Clay

back at ya. lol.... My Geo- instructor and I went around a bit about this too. I got to the Asia portion of the text and realized that one chapter was a measurable % of the whole book! (That was a hard lesson in not leaving that class work to the last day) Err... Funny thing is? At the same time the Asia chapter did show the boundaries running clear out where the Homeland Sec map does? Other chapters also showed clear lines of separation for the Middle East and Oceania. Monsoonal Asia vs. "the whole hemisphere" Asia were also shown separate and as though they could or could not be officially separate regions. Go figure... Monsoonal Asia was the more traditional lines we all would naturally think of, while still covering Oceania, itself a region. Ugh!

I saw quickly why kids in school today come out of some classes looking just lost and baffled.

top topics

join