It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New doctor announced in 8hours! Who do you want in the TARDIS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hello there! I trust every Whovian is aware that the new Doctor is going to be announced tonight on BBC One, 7pm (though they will probably wait till 7:20/7:30 for the announcement), just wanted to see who ATS would like to be in control of the TARDIS. Are you happy with the shortlist that the bookies are offering? Do you think they will do something completly radical, such as a female doctor? Would you welcome a female doctor? And ultimatly, who do YOU want to be the next British superhero?

Personaly, I would love to see the favorite, Peter Capalbi, who you may remember from The Fires of Pompeii (also from The Thick of It, and various other british programs)

So, ATS, fire away! My the Time Lord be with you

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Here are a few other favorites on the bookies shortlist:

Daniel Rigby, who many Brits will be farmilier with from the BT adverts, but also played briliantly in the final episode of Charlie Brookers Black Mirror (which i highly recormend watching if you have not yet):

And then there is the 'pretty boy' so to speak. Ben Wishaw, who many may remember from James Bond as playing Q.

The there is Idris Elba, who i personaly believe would make a good Doctor. Many Brits may remember him from Luther. No doubt if he is chosen, the media will go mad and over the top about him being black (which to be honest is just a little silly and unfair, they will focus on his skin colour more than his acting abilities)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Ok Idris Elba would be awesome.

Here's my wish for the next Doctor:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

i'd like to see Benedict Cumberbatch who plays the new sherlock for the bbc series

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by darknewt

He's the voice of Smaug in The Hobbit I found out today.

Very cool.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hugh Laurie would be a good pick! Considering he doesn't age in real life anyway, he could be a time lord

Sherlock, i believe, is already the same character as The Doctor (both are written by the same producer). He has already got that character down to a T, would be like seeing Sherlock with the powers of a Time Lord.

Oh, and heres another one i forgot to put on, who i think would be brilliant

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

well i didn't know that
i think he would fit the part greatly,also i think the op choice would look good as the master

edit on 4-8-2013 by darknewt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This guy should be the next Dr Who....mad, eccentric, surreal and soooo funny....

My vote goes to comedian Charlie Chuck......

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Dear Nerds,

My husband is really stoked about this. I am sick of listening to him go on and on about who the new doctor is going to be. We don't get BBC and so the crying is relentless. Just to keep him hushed up I have had to purchase all of the available DVD's thru season 7. Anyway, I found THIS LINK and am hoping it will be where he can watch the announcement? I would like to get him out of my hair by putting the laptop in the shed so if someone could kindly confirm that link? Thank you.

Sincerely,
Not a fan

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Hi there! I feel the pain of your husband haha. Your best bet is to use a UK proxy and then get a live stream via BBC Iplayer

UK Proxy

Now best try it before 7pmGMT as thats when the program starts.

Hope it works!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thank you that is a great proxy link! It is now streaming and all is worse. He is in there screaming "Come ON already!" Pacing back and forth, sweaty, and swearing at the laptop. His behavior is ridiculous. Anyway, thanks again.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well done Mister Trolloks, you guessed correctly. You should have put a bet on.....

He is a great choice though, great actor is Peter Capaldi........

edit on 4-8-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Glad it worked Hollie! Saved your husband alot of stress haha.

Im very happy with the choice! Can't wait to see him in action!

Heres a little pic of what we could see in the future:

(For those who have seen The Thick Of It)
edit on 5-8-2013 by Gazrok because: pic had language that violated Terms & Conditions. Suggest editing the pic and reposting.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

He is a great choice though, great actor is Peter Capaldi.

Yep, great actor...I mean, the choice just alienated the entire fangirl demographic, but hey, it's ok to kill the brand because he's such a great actor, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm still not sure what to make of Capaldi's appointment. Perhaps If I has watched his run as Malcolm Tucker I would be more inclined to be swayed but as yet I'll leave my judgement untill Christmas.

new topics

top topics

join