It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secularism is respecting all religions, say Dalai Lama and Dada J P Vaswani

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Saturday’s carnage, following huge rival rallies, plunged the Arab world’s most populous country deeper into turmoil following more than two turbulent years of transition to democracy after the fall of autocrat Hosni Mubarak in 2011.

Egypt’s Health Ministry said 65 people had died in the shootings, with the Brotherhood reporting that a further 61 were on life support after what it described as a ferocious assault by men in helmets and black fatigues.

The ambulance service put the death toll at 72.

www.bdlive.co.za...
This is from about 10 days ago. The report of ONE DAY - Saturday last.

Saturday’s violence, and the threat of more, has deepened alarm in the West over events in the country of 84 million people, a vital bridge between the Middle East and North Africa.

Well over 200 people have died in violence since Sisi deposed Mr Mursi, Egypt’s first democratically-elected president, on the back of huge popular protests against his rule, ending a one-year experiment in government by the Muslim Brotherhood after decades spent in the shadows under successive Egyptian strongmen.

Can you explain to me why this is a lie?
edit on 4-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Huh...I dunno. It is probably true. Or at the very least, it is a lot bigger than my number. I was looking at stats that ended on the 8th of July.
The rest of my point still stands.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks, and thanks for the link. Yes, as I said, it seems to me that India is way behind 'the West' in tolerance for religions - the secular (being NON-RELIGIOUS political) nations seem more advanced than India does.

I wonder if our pal will speak up about it, being in India and all - cause, I'm not seein' it so much that India is so peaceable.

India has a bit different idea of what secularism stands for.
It is used synonymously with religious tolerance.
India has a rich history of religious tolerance and respect.
India also had its problems and discriminations.

The lack of religious tolerance that is seen now is the result of politicians playing the religion card to get votes.
A political party in 1992 causes riots all over india by making the crowds crazy and demolishing a historical mosque and they actually came to power in the elections that followed.
People now are realising the tricks of the politicians and so that intolerance has slowly reduced.
Religious tolerance is very much required all over the world.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join