It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Formerly Homeless Man Invents Portable Shelters to Help Others

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I like that idea. That sounds great!

I feel really let down by fate, or the gods, or whatever is in charge out there, that my plan to help them didn't work out. It was a good plan, and would have offered the programs to get them back on their feet along with a place to stay.

It was a great plan.
Oh well... maybe some day. As I said, I'm still waiting on winning the lottery.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is the most awesome thing EVER. I was living in the back of a car with my parents, and you are right it does suck. We eventually got to the Salvation Army housing, and my dad worked hellish hours. Then we moved in with friends, then family, and finaly they have their own one bed apartment.

I never had anything growning up, I had to work and fight for what i have now, and to see someone do this, is the type of things we need to do! Dont just hand out bibles (Im not religious at all). Go out and MAKE a difference and this guy is. If more people were like him, there whould spaces for these no matter what, and we would employ the homeless more often, and give them health care.

These are aweful times to live in and to do something like this makes it a bit less aweful! This dude gets mad props from me! Now all he has to do is buy land, screen the for drug addicts, then let the clean ones sleep on his land and just survive. That would make him a saint!
edit on 6-8-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Here is an interesting article of how a man turned a dumpster into a home. I thought it seemed fitting for this thread:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Wow, that is interesting, Mindless. Thanks for your link.

Seems people are coming up with all sorts of interesting ways to have a space to call home.

Very creative.
But, can you imagine telling people you live in a dumpster?!

When I first posted this thread, I had no idea that all these things were being used for the homeless.
Way to go!!

edit on 8/10/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Addiction is a demon that many people cannot be rid of. That does not mean they are disposable. I think they still deserve a small bit of dignity. Congrats to the OP for this thread! I think these shelters are a little skimpy, but they are a good start. Better than living in a nylon tent for sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I had a couple times i could get work but it was in remote places where there was no housing. i finely built a tear drop trailer that i could live in and tow behind my truck. i built mine with two inch thick foam panels in the floor. roof and wall. And it could be heated with a very small propane heater even at near 0 degrees outside temps i lived in the parking lot at a couple construction sites for most of a year and later sold the tear drop for what it cost me to build it when i got a larger RV.. I now live in a 34 foot bounder motor home that i bought for $4000.
www.crocodiletear.com...
blog.harborfreight.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

True, but I did mention that unless in a program (for addicts). Don't get something for nothing. My point is you shouldn't mix the groups. The same solution could house addicts as well, but don't have them room mates next to a family with kids trying to get back on their feet. That's my deal.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I love those teardrops! They have been around a long time. With lighter rolling gear, you could do that for a homeless person.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Man is doing a great job. The design of the shelter house is very nice and even trendy. Every interior designers who claims that they are great, should learn from him, how well he had used small space for shelter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join