It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive sinkhole develops in kansas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by VoidHawk

When I was designing steel forms for concrete construction, we often came upon plans that required piers to be sunk to bedrock before anything else could be built. Sometimes it is surprising how much nonstable dirt you have to go through before you hit that bedrock. I would like to know if the Earth is growing because when you look into the Grand Canyon and see all the layers that the Colorado River has eroded through, you can see there is lots and lots of sediment that was deposited and each layer was the surface of the earth at one point in time.

I saw a youtube vid (I know, youtube!
) that showed an animation of the earth growing smaller! As it reduced in size all the continents fitted together surprisingly well! It then showed the process in reverse until it reached what we see today.
I took it with a pinch of salt at the time, but I cant help wondering if there may be some truth in it.
The sun has been continually blasting the earth with energy, and plants use that energy to create food, so maybe it is possible that the earth is getting bigger?
edit on 8-8-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Oh ya know what your talking about, in fact the same guy also has another vid about the moon and showing how it to grew and goes on to explain how the side of the moon which is facing the earth has these huge craters and "spreed areas" while the side facing away from the earth looks completely different. The vids have been on youtube for years, they even have some debunk vids about it. However its nothing interesting mostly viral videos making fun of the whole expanding earth theory.

But who know eh? Even if a quarter of the things in that vid just happen to be sort of true they may have to rewrite all textbooks worldwide.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Interesting videos. I tend to believe there was one continent that split apart. That makes sense to me. And planets form by THE ACCRETION OF MATTER. So when does that accretion stop? If it continues indefinitely then it makes sense to assume that the planet is growing.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Well the earth does gain weight daily, some guy on this wiki answers said we get bombarded by space dust and debris constantly which equals in the tons daily. Stretch that over thousands of years or millions or billions and it still would not be that much or at least not enough to justify or prove the guy in the expanding earth vids theory. But even in that it would add up. So we can at least say the earth is getting fatter somewhat. Or gaining mass as they call it.

I mean or you can assume that if you get some tons each day, you can even find an average number for that and well do the math backwards in time to the time of the dinosaurs taking off the tons of mass it would have been consistently bombarded with each day, or a set medium you would assume is the average number of mass it would have been bombarded with each day as you progress back in time. Just to see how much it would add up to over time, I mean how much mass would the planet have then if you were to calculate it back some millions of years to the days of the dinosaurs, compared to now, based on that fact alone.

Like I said I do not think it would add up to that much to justify the whole expanding earth theory, because the mass has to come from somewhere if its all solid mass that is, or even gaseous or liquid it still has to come from somewhere. One place of which at least the most likely culprit being space.

There are people who do that sort of stuff just for kicks so you can ask them, I however am not one. As it is against my religion to do the mathz, I will let somebody else do that. Or more likely somebody already did it, and I am to lazy to search the internets for it.

Does earth gain weight

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Oh ya know what your talking about, in fact the same guy also has another vid about the moon and showing how it to grew and goes on to explain how the side of the moon which is facing the earth has these huge craters and "spreed areas" while the side facing away from the earth looks completely different. The vids have been on youtube for years, they even have some debunk vids about it. However its nothing interesting mostly viral videos making fun of the whole expanding earth theory.

But who know eh? Even if a quarter of the things in that vid just happen to be sort of true they may have to rewrite all textbooks worldwide.

I wasn't saying I believed what was being claimed in the vid. Just commented on it because it did cause me to think about it.
But as you said

Even if a quarter of the things in that vid just happen to be sort of true they may have to rewrite all textbooks worldwide

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Another on going sinkhole, I thought i would post it up as I completely forgot about this one or these ones in Louisianan, there are a few threads about this one already I think. It slipped my mind but it seems there still growing in size down there, and this particular vid came up today on my YouTube page. You could probably make a whole thread of different sinkholes going on right now from around the world, all for a variety of different reasons. Even if there was an ongoing phenomenon worldwide who would know, and what would you have to compare it to as sinkholes worldwide were never really put in histories or all that big of news.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join