It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethical use of supernormal powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Let’s take for granted that what is considered supenormal, naturally exists and is attainable, although the path is hidden for any number of reasons.
This so called supernatural powers or siddhis according to wikipedia are:
• Aṇimā: reducing one's body even to the size of an atom
• Mahima: expanding one's body to an infinitely large size
• Garima: becoming infinitely heavy
• Laghima: becoming almost weightless
• Prāpti: having unrestricted access to all places
• Prākāmya: realizing whatever one desires
• Iṣṭva: possessing absolute lordship
• Vaśtva: the power to subjugate all
• tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future
• advandvam: tolerance of heat, cold and other dualities
• para citta ādi abhijñatā: knowing the minds of others and so on
• agni arka ambu viṣa ādīnām pratiṣṭambhaḥ: checking the influence of fire, sun, water, poison, and so on
• aparājayah: remaining unconquered by others
• anūrmi-mattvam: Being undisturbed by hunger, thirst, and other bodily appetites
• dūra-śravaṇa: Hearing things far away
• dūra-darśanam: Seeing things far away
• manaḥ-javah: Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation/astral projection)
• kāma-rūpam: Assuming any form desired
• para-kāya praveśanam: Entering the bodies of others
• sva-chanda mṛtyuh: Dying when one desires
• devānām saha krīḍā anudarśanam: Witnessing and participating in the pastimes of the gods
• yathā sańkalpa saḿsiddhiḥ: Perfect accomplishment of one's determination
• ājñā apratihatā gatiḥ: Orders or commands being unimpeded

Let’s assume that some of this powers are not at all so uncommon, and that one needs not to be a perfect siddhas to have some of listed abilities naturally more prominent.
1)
Prākāmya: realizing whatever one desires. Need not to go much farther than this very forum hosting an epic thread How the “law of attraction” works www.abovetopsecret.com...
2)
manaḥ-javah: Moving the body wherever thought goes (teleportation/astral projection) is not so exclusive as well. Thank’s to the Internet, one can learn there are many people experiencing OOB (Out of body experience) and readily sharing their exsotic voyages with other travellers.
3)
Prāpti: having unrestricted access to all places
tri-kāla-jñatvam: knowing the past, present and future
Been ardent enthusiast of all things related to remote viewing [needless to say there are numerous topics on ATS] I can tell from what I’ve read , both siddhis stated above are involved in RV as a matter of factly.
The Ethics (?)
Recently I came across this little e-book, HERE
about making profitable predictions. It’s of course about remote viewing (must admit, I’m shiny (RV) object picker, can’t help myself). Not that I didn’t question ethics of military RV before. But this time question of ethics is more personal.
Assume that one can easily apply psychic (or any other supernatural power) for material gain, which this e-book clearly implies and teaches “how to”. You have the tools and off you go. Pick the right numbers and solve any financial issue you might have the easiest way possible.
Of course, I’ve tested the technique and believe me or not, it works.like a charm. Theoretically, I mean on the paper, at home. However, I can’t make myself to really apply it to make a real gain. (Go out and actually buy a ticket) It’s like some latent psychological or ethical barrier is present, between actual ability and making use of it.
Maybe it’s just me. Maybe it’s karmic (if you believe in kama). Maybe is something else. Like social conditioning, or something worse, that effects human mind not to display it’s full powers.
This reminds me on many instances of self healing (why it doesn’t happen more often)? Why LOA (Law of attraction) seems to work on a minuscule regularly, but does it work so well on biggies?

So, what do you think? Assuming all supernatural powers are granted, no obstacles whosoever. Can you imagine yourself with full blown powers, how would it be?
Would this Earth be a better place if majority of population have fully developed powers? Or worse? More dangerous? Or less?

Did ever cross your mind that powers actually we do posses but are purposefully suppressed?
edit on 2-8-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff

Did ever cross your mind that powers actually we do posses but are purposefully suppressed?

Purposefully? No. As a result of a lack and inability to access them. Absolutely.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Humans think enough of themselves as it is.

If you throw 'super powers' into the mix, I'd give us six months.
edit on 2-8-2013 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a little quote:
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If I had any super-normal powers you would all BOW before me.

No seriously, I'd be cool and help people

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Douriff

So, what do you think? Assuming all supernatural powers are granted, no obstacles whosoever. Can you imagine yourself with full blown powers, how would it be?
Would this Earth be a better place if majority of population have fully developed powers? Or worse? More dangerous? Or less?

This made me think of what humans will/may be like way down the line. Assume we survive for millions or even billions of years. I would image, that we will always be evolving, constantly adapting to our environments. So possibly if the Earth and humans are in cohabitation for millions of years, the future versions of humans should look much different to us now. We have seen an amazing leap in athleticism over the last 100 years. Imagine if we showed people in the past what extreme sports were going on today. They would absolutely crap their Sunday's best.

Just being able to document and see different athletic events evolve over 100 years is an intriguing way to examine human evolution. Skateboarding has gone through leaps and bounds since it's inception and that was not too long ago. There are tons of examples: Skydiving, bungee jumpers, bicyclists, ect, ect. Heck even parkour/free running has become mainstream.

Future Earth bound humans, millions of years, theoretically may be so advanced physically that they would appear that they possess super human abilities to us today. Or maybe they will also develop mutant like powers as well. I wish I could go to the future and find out!

Typing his right now reminded me of the Doctor Who episode where Humans that survived to the end of the Universe sent themselves back in time, anyhoo long story short they were basically just heads that were encased in an sphere that could fly around and kill people lol. I do not remember the time they were from in the show but it was some crazy ridiculous number of years into the future.

I actually have.

I started writing and sketching a comic a while ago but never finished it. In it, Earth humans were once hyper advanced but we did something wrong. An even more hyper advanced race, perhaps coalition, de-evolved us and made it so we would progress extremely slower than our previous evolution. Long story short, it is an interesting idea.

Intriguing thread. S&F

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Text LimeGreenText BeigeText Bluereply to post by Douriff

I don't know if I'm doing this right, never tried talking about this! In 2001 I was struck by a car. After my accident it seemed as if sometimes everything around me would move. Like the world was moving around me. I was able to stop it when it was happening. I always did because I thought there was something wrong! I wondered what would happen if I let it go! I thought nothing of it until.... A group of friends was watching a PPV WWE event I felt that feeling coming I let it go. The sofa I was sitting on vibrated like an earthquake under me alone. I thought there was something wrong with me, "that didn't just happen". I sat up very quick in amazement. Looked around my friends mother was in shock! I asked her "did you see that?" She said "OMG it was like an earthquake under you!" Ive never been able to explain it, never able to do it again. That feeling went away. Anyone ever feel this?

join