It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Rangel: Tea Party Is ‘Same Group’ Of ‘White Cr---rs’ Who Fought Civil Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMoon

But...but...they are tasty! If you can ever find them, "Sailor Boy Pilot Bread" is awesome. They are these 4" round saltine crackers. They last forever and you can put anything on them. I make mini pizzas out of them.

And I am offended by you being offended! If you're allowed to be offended, then I should be allowed to be offended! This is reverse-offensiveness!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Not only did you again use the word cracker... but saltine as well! Now I'm really offended. Hold the mayo.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I understand the point that white southern conservatives have shifted to the Republican party, but that doesn't make them racist. the Civil Rights struggles congessman Rangel refers to were in the 1950s and 1960s. those guys must be in their 80s or older by now. I never attended a Tea Party function; many people that old there?

I think he's stereotyping white southerners.

very disappointing how many 'leaders' on the left keep throwing gas on the fires of racial conflict, instead of acknowledging and celebrating the progress made in the US.

anyone hear about that Illinois legislator that pointed out how some in the minority community suspect Chicago cops of killing minority kids?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's not that white people are the only racist ones.

It's that racism from anyone but white people is acceptable.

Keep that in mind.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Good old Charlie Rangel feeding the fires to keep it as a "us vs them" mentality. You would think that someone would actually look at the net worth of such a politician when he first came to office vs now. Tax evasion doesn't explain it all. Not to mention it seems glossed over that racism vs certain whites was once pretty widespread. As a white of Italian descent I take offense at the whites don't know what racism is.[I'll keep the Irish side of my ancestry to be offended at the Italian] I am above racism, I hate everyone equally! Time to start letting animal lead our country!! Fido for Rangels seat!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMoon
I object to the constant use of the word cracker to describe white people in this thread. It's racially offensive. please remove it.

Get over it.

RE: the OP:

Why does anyone even listen to what Rangel has to say? He is a lampoon of himself.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Charlie Rangel is one of THE most ethically challenged politicians in the history of this nation. Anything he says should not simply be taken with a grain of salt, but rather utterly disregarded for the sewage that it is.

I had more to add regarding this pathetic excuse for a human being, but out of respect for ATS, I'll withhold further remarks about him.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The Tea Party of today is fighting against fascism that is identical to the fascism of this age:

www.whiterosesociety.org...

Replace "Germany" with "America" in the 1st pamphlet.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

When referring to whites from the blacks perspective whites should be called cra-kkk-a's.

That is the mentality of the left. If you are not a leftist then you are a racist you might as well get used to it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

Seriously you all need to get this straight.

It is cracka not cracker.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
reply to post by Yngvarr

Seriously you all need to get this straight.

It is cracka not cracker.

Wow, that instantly makes it sound urban and "hip". Can I be DJ Cracka?

DJ Cracka on the wheels of steel! He's so white he bursts into flames when he steps outside, give it up for DDEEEE JAAAAAAY CRAAAAACKAAAA!
edit on 2-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by MoonMoon
I object to the constant use of the word cracker to describe white people in this thread. It's racially offensive. please remove it.

Get over it.

RE: the OP:

Why does anyone even listen to what Rangel has to say? He is a lampoon of himself.

There are 435 voting members of the US House of Representatives. Out of that total? Charlie Rangel ranks number 3 (or 4, since it's a tie) for most senior ranking member. Hence...3rd most powerful in time served and time in position. He joined the House in 1971. It makes him someone people ignore at their peril, however ignorant the man comes across. He's a whole lot more intelligent than his act suggests, IMO. His career record and ability to get out of the tightest spots, smelling like a rose is proof to that point.

Now, had this been a rookie Congressman or Senator? I wouldn't have even stopped to click the headline. However, when words like these, in this environment are coming from someone ranked near the top of Congress? Well..now that's something to pay a bit of attention to. A good % of Congress in the ranks far below him sure do pay attention.

Men like him don't stick their finger up to check the wind direction. They set the direction it blows each day.

112th Congress / House Seniority List with date and # terms served
edit on 2-8-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: added link

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Rangel has a salty attitude and bad taste.

just like this guy......

"VINTAGE 1962 STARKIST TUNA COMMERCIAL"

He shoulda' bought the brand name

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What gets me is,,EVERYONE has seen the " Ariel Castro, child slavery case. Thats slavery."
Those are real chains,,with real people,,,enough with the "were still in chains too the white man"or "lets put the white man in chains" take ur pick.
Cause remember Arel Castro still does not see that he did anything wrong. And he is insane.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Rangel the Racist... this overt racism should not be unchallenged..... Rangel proves once again that # floats to the top..... You can take the racist out of race based situation but you can't take the racism out of the racist......

If Obama can race bait American surely Rangel can come out of the closet and step up his rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you Mr Rangel for showing us the racist that you are.

And a moron to boot.

Ut, I am sure the people in your area will vote you in again, as they could care less about what you say.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The double standards in this country are flat out outrageous...

Not that I am racist or anything but it's just got to a point of severely bad double standards.

Not to mention it's flat out our wrong...

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well let's see

Trying to repeal voting rights, both have the same far right, christian beliefs, both support "states rights" which would give southern racist states the green light to openly discriminate against minorities,

I think Mr. Rangel is correct with this assessment.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Well let's see

Trying to repeal voting rights, both have the same far right, christian beliefs, both support "states rights" which would give southern racist states the green light to openly discriminate against minorities,

I think Mr. Rangel is correct with this assessment.

Where did Rangel cite any genuine examples ?

What voting rights repeals ?

What particular Christian beliefs are 'far right' ?

What's wrong with States Rights ?

Details please. I'm interested.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

You have just proven there is no limit to the lengths you and your ilk will go to preserve the two party dynamic in this country. You will defend your "team" regardless of issue or slight. And as long as there are zombies like you this disaster will continue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join