It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another tin foil hat conspircay comes true. Your TV can watch you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Looks like it's tin foil hat wearers 1 general dismissing public 0:

"It is big brother where literally they can see you and you don't know someone is seeing you," said Dillinger.

Oh Samsung, the cat is out of the bag.

The flaws in Samsung Smart TVs, which have now been patched, enabled hackers to remotely turn on the TVs' built-in cameras without leaving any trace of it on the screen. While you're watching TV, a hacker anywhere around the world could have been watching you. Hackers also could have easily rerouted an unsuspecting user to a malicious website to steal bank account information.

And so the main stream media now reports what many have felt to be true. Your tv can be used to watch you. We seem to be hell bent on buying gadgets that allow our freedom of privacy to vanish.

In a statement to CNNMoney, Samsung said it takes user safety very seriously. Addressing the camera flaw, a company spokesperson said, "The camera can be turned into a bezel of the TV so that the lens is covered, or disabled by pushing the camera inside the bezel. The TV owner can also unplug the TV from the home network when the Smart TV features are not in use."

Hey, thanks Samsung. Why have the feature be so insecure at all? Unplug your tv after viewing, eh?

"We know that the way we were able to do this has been fixed; it doesn't mean that there aren't other ways that could be discovered in the future, " Yavor said.

So it seems those who felt they could be spied upon via their tv have been vindicated. They can, and more than likely it means you will be or have been spied upon. Sickening.

"If I purchased one of those television sets," said Dillinger, "The first thing I would do is take some black electrical tape and put it over the camera."

Your TV can Watch you

Erm, they can see you jazzercizing

ColoradoJens
edit on 2-8-2013 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Yes, I read this earlier today. The last thing in the world that I would bring into my home is any electronics with a built in video camera. I have my hand held camera, and that is plenty. You all may want to follow suit.
edit on 2-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Van Eck phreaking has been public knowledge since 1985.

You are just now getting the Memo?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The problem is sooner or later all electronic devices will have something like this....is this some kind of mandate from above?

CJ

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Ha! My point exactly. For years this has been said and known, but now the msm is acknowledging the issue. Try telling your co workers you are being spied on by your tv and see what kind of looks you get.

CJ

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Here is an exceprt from a Wiki Page about the Phreak. It is a very interesting read.

Van Eck phreaking might also be used to compromise the secrecy of the votes in an election using electronic voting. This caused the Dutch government to ban the use of NewVote computer voting machines manufactured by SDU in the 2006 national elections, under the belief that ballot information might not be kept secret.[2][3] In a 2009 test of electronic voting systems in Brazil, Van Eck phreaking was used to successfully compromise ballot secrecy as a proof of concept

Van Eck Phreaking
edit on 2-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It might be time to just get rid of the tv altogether...because the screen is the camera!!!.

This tech could, and may very well already be implemented today in out laptops, tv's, desktop monitors, the monitor you place in your kitchen cabinet, in the headrest of the car etc.
edit on 2-8-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I doubt its a mandate from above but i'm sure the spooks are loving it as this is the sort of stuff a few years ago they'd be creaming themselves to get into as many houses as possible

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

camera flaw?

what camera?

I don't understand.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Ha! My point exactly. For years this has been said and known, but now the msm is acknowledging the issue. Try telling your co workers you are being spied on by your tv and see what kind of looks you get.

CJ

wow, they must be bored.

what about smart phones?
edit on 083131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
the cabal in the east has ties to many corporations - another intrusion - ohh bbbut i don't do anything wrong - so it's ok.
hey Vizio - don't comply - I am a longtime loyal consumer - you should send me a gratuitous award.
NSA - having a great time watching - get paid to be a voyeur - huhhh.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I dont have one of those. Neither does millions of others. So only SOME people who may have those types and brands of television would have this apply to them...and only them. Not everyone.

Not 1/2 of us. Not 75% of us...nor 90% of the world watchers.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why would you buy a TV with a camera built in and not assume it could be turned on remotely? Much misleading hype to this thread... very little substance. Your thread is bad... and you should feel bad.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What about set top boxes or smart blu ray? When I bought a new TV i didn't opt for the smart one, I bought one then took it back when i realized it would be hooked to the internet 24/7. I did however buy a Sony set box with Google TV, really liked the remote though (returned after it kept crashing), then Boxee (didn't like it either), then settled on LG set top to surf the net or buy Netflix which by the way in Canada sucks but at least gives a better assortment than expensive cable which I have not opted out of yet, maybe next contract. I have covered up the camera on my lap top, so am i being watched except for the time i spend on the net?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Exactly. Eventually it will be the "norm"/must have gadget. People just don't seem to care.

CJ

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I haven`t been a fan of telepathicvision for a long time , this being one of the reasons . But what makes me sick is the fact that they use the flicker rates to keep you in a state of hypnosis , where you are susceptible to manipulation through the use of various symbols patterns colours and sounds .

The thinkbox has always been bad enough without having them watching us .

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Any electronic device can be manipulated. Why are we allowing this to go this far when we all know it can be done? Diebold is the latest incarnation of lies we seem to be willing to accept. Good post!

CJ

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I think that up to this point in time just about everything electronic that can be hacked has been hacked.

There are those that spend every waking hour of their day trying to infiltrate anything and everything they can. If they are not spending that time creating viruses and back doors they are using their time to wreak death and destruction on anything with a digital heartbeat.

Who are "They"?

Damn near everyone with the know how, their cousins, their uncles, their illegitimate family members, their friends, their spouses, and a whole host of other inbreeds. Not to include the Alphabet Soup. The FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the INS, the DHS, the KGB, and the AAA.

Everyone is in on it. They all are motivated by something different, but the goal is still the same.

Why do "WE" tolerate it?

Because $699.99 is a small price to pay to get unlimited talk, text, and web that keeps us connected to Everything that causes us to lose our privacy.

In light of the recent events that were made public about severe privacy violations, people britched and complained for a couple of days then went right back to life as usual. I honestly think we can't help ourselves.

Don't get me wrong, there are those of us that are outraged by the violations, but our numbers are few.

I think it is no longer a matter of acceptance but rather the Social Norm.

Please, from this point forward consider me to be SOCIALLY ABNORMAL.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
CJ

That rumor goes back to the days of Cathode ray Tube TV sets. The thought at the time seemed to be that because you could reverse the speaker, thereby turning it into a microphone, you could do the same with the CRT. This was not true though, it was just illogical thinking on some folks part.

Today, with all the smart appliances made for motion capture, video conference, etc... It's a different story all together...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMoon

Much misleading hype to this thread... very little substance. Your thread is bad... and you should feel bad

I think I can honestly say that your @$$ is overriding your brain on this.

It appears as though you do Not get it.

ANYTHING that is made for viewing ANY signals such as TVs(Cathode Ray and Digital), Internet Phones, and IPADs, to include all devices that are made for receiving video signals, MUST first and foremost be made to transmit before they can receive such signals.

This is Not hype. It is Not a conspiracy. It is Documented Fact.

I suggest you take the time of day to remove your head from your fore point of contact so that you may see the light.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join