It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human versions x.yz $$ stock market listings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The use of science to create artifical life is every decade becoming more and more a reality. The ambitious target for using genetic engineering technologies to create clones, to engineer out biological defects, to grow replacement body part organ, new bodies to extend life, and enhanced versions of humans.

The ambition removes the divine and replaces with the cold and hard economics of life. God is fitted into a business suit and sits on a companies board of Directors discussing and reviewing statistical information on summaries of stock market prices:

Human version 1.0: Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 2 $_, Daily Volume trading 2 Mil
Human version 2.0: Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 10 $_, Daily Volume trading 1.5 Mil
Human version Royal (version 2:0 includes custom addons/plug ins) : Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 20 $_, Daily Volume trading 1 Mil
Gen 1: Clones : Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 4 $_, Daily Volume trading 1 Mil
Gen 2: Clones : Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 12 $_, Daily Volume trading 1 Mil
Hybrid_ Aquatic version 1.0: Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 2 $_, Daily Volume trading 2 Mil
Hybrid_ blue labour version 1.0: trading line to be discontinued at end of this year (law enacted: obsolete: superceded by version 2 and + ) Daily isk Unit Price per geneome 14 $_, Daily Volume trading 1 Mil
Hybrid_ Aquatic version 2.0: Order now! Prices TBD as closing year high of HBL version 1.

The market forces of supply and demand have taken hold of Gods once sacred dominion. The creation of life forms purpose built for a specific environment with todays modern human being looking a bit out of date, and soon sure to become obsolete on the stock market listing.

It certainly is a brave new world ahead but look on the bright side most of us here will be dead and gone; before it comes into the fruition of you having to see your stock value crash.

edit on 2-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The future may not be a furry and friendly as the Hollywood dreams.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Eventually the scientists will discover that by fixing one thing they will create another "deficiency" somewhere else. You are right though, most of us will probably be dead by the time humans will be "made to order".
I have already imagined the rich and elite becoming practically a designer species and then there will be the "home grown's", the ordinary folk living outside the boundaries of the "crown land".

The human race will be split into two and the "designer race" will send out super soldier teams to abduct the naturals for genetic stock. I am even picturing a hunger games meets running man type scenario for sport.

Damn sorry Athlon i got carried away, somewhere between Gattaca, my own vivid imagination and "real life" lol

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Do you have a link ? Would like to read more if it's available.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
Eventually the scientists will discover that by fixing one thing they will create another "deficiency" somewhere else. You are right though, most of us will probably be dead by the time humans will be "made to order".
I have already imagined the rich and elite becoming practically a designer species and then there will be the "home grown's", the ordinary folk living outside the boundaries of the "crown land".

The human race will be split into two and the "designer race" will send out super soldier teams to abduct the naturals for genetic stock. I am even picturing a hunger games meets running man type scenario for sport.

Damn sorry Athlon i got carried away, somewhere between Gattaca, my own vivid imagination and "real life" lol

"Zardoz" starring Sean Connery. A cheesy "D" sci fi from the late 60s, not exactly "Hunger Games" meets "Running Man", but totally about the scenario you were describing.

Correction: The film was in 1974, after Connery stopped doing Bond films.

ETA: Interesting to note that the movie sound track was 4-track stereo AKA quadraphonic. That must have been the most expensive part of the production.

www.imdb.com...
edit on 3-8-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added corrections and link

edit on 3-8-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

"Zardoz" starring Sean Connery.

I watched the trailer of this on youtube it looks very interesting movie.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Zardoz, a long and sometimes boring hippie "freak out" scene and some nudity. A low budget movie that was ahead of its time and deserves a remake. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be far enough into the future now to be considered sci fi anymore.
edit on 3-8-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join