It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING - CNN- Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I would say you are both right.

It is unfair to assume that all of the CIA agents "On the Ground" were capable of protecting themselves properly given the situation. I would say at least Half of the number given would have had the right training while the rest were more technical analysts/drone pilots or some such thing.

Let's say you got a dozen qualified guys, thats maybe two teams.

Edit: But when you consider the advance warnings that were coming down about this area it is hard to see there being too many untrained agents at the site.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency’s Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

www.cnn.com

Now we know why the State Department and the administration has been lying, covering up, and obstructing for going on 11 months now. Because Benghazi was a CIA black ops operation.

When we don't know what they were doing, let's make an assumption and call it fact.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Exactly. The agents in place are trained.
However, it is also easy to see why they may not fight.
Covers blown, outgunned, etc.

Still yet, the perception remains. We let four of our own die because these CIA punks are cowards. They were there for shady purposes and the Whitehouse knew it. They hushed it up the best they could. And they got caught.

The whole thing STINKS

Dude, they fought for one 8 hours. They most likely ran out of munitions without a chance to resupply.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Something is very wrong with this story if CNN is reporting it. Liberal media does not out the shortcomings of incumbent liberal administrations, it makes excuses for them.

what if releasing the information this helping is helping them out?

what i mean is .. imagine this is a precaution..knwoing some information was going or was close to be disclosed by someone...

they could just be smoothing it out to the public

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Is it not glaringly apparent that the CIA is the cause of most of the chaos in the Middle East, including the so-called "rebel" uprisings?

Anyone remember the Iranian Coup?

According to the CIA's declassified documents and records, some of the most feared mobsters in Tehran were hired by the CIA to stage pro-Shah riots on 19 August. Other CIA-paid men were brought into Tehran in buses and trucks, and took over the streets of the city

1953 Iranian coup d'état

How about all those terrorists?
Operation Cyclone

But go ahead and wonder still... whatever passes the time.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I have always been a fan of headlines that read like, "Mideast peace talks were set to resume next week, until some Palestinian blew up a bus."
As if those people have any real motive to do such a thing. People should read CIA.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Many of you will remember this, back in May. "Drudge editor Joseph Curl: ‘CIA source says still one more shoe to drop’ for Obama admin". Well today @josephcurk tweeted:

Midnight call from my CIA source. 'This is the one.' Said the real question is why all those agents were in Benghazi.

One additional thought by me? What's phony about the Benghazi scandal was Obama's investigation.
edit on 3-8-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Something is very wrong with this story if CNN is reporting it. Liberal media does not out the shortcomings of incumbent liberal administrations, it makes excuses for them.

Erm, CNN is in no way part of the liberal media. Not being Fox doesn't automatically make a network liberal.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Now we know why the State Department and the administration has been lying, covering up, and obstructing for going on 11 months now. Because Benghazi was a CIA black ops operation.

This has been obvious to me from the word go. Glad to see the facts coming to light.

It makes all the pieces come together. If the story is accurate it makes Iran-Contra seem like a 12 year old girl's lemonade stand.

ok...the story says up to 35 members of the CIA in the area, with 7 wounded....uhmm, let's see..... CIA in a war torn nation, with multiple extremists Islamic organizations all around....I'M SHOCKED, I TELL YOU, SHOCKED!!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

The earlier leak was that the CIA was there trying to get weapons into Syria, through Libya with the knowledge of the State Department. If this CNN story is accurate this is further evidence of the earlier leak being true. The CIA, on orders of the State Department, were funneling arms to a terrorist state for the purpose of toppling a sitting President without Congressional approval or oversight. Rand Paul specifically asked Hillary Clinton about this on January 23, 2013 in the floor of the Senate and she denied every hearing about such a plan or operation.

If this CNN report is accurate, again, it would be massively bigger than Iran-Contra ever could have hoped to be. You haven't really been paying attention much to this scandal from day one have you?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

Erm, CNN is in no way part of the liberal media. Not being Fox doesn't automatically make a network liberal.

They are very liberal, although not nearly as in the tank for the DNC as are MSNBC and CBS are.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

The earlier leak was that the CIA was there trying to get weapons into Syria, through Libya with the knowledge of the State Department. If this CNN story is accurate this is further evidence of the earlier leak being true. The CIA, on orders of the State Department, were funneling arms to a terrorist state for the purpose of toppling a sitting President without Congressional approval or oversight. Rand Paul specifically asked Hillary Clinton about this on January 23, 2013 in the floor of the Senate and she denied every hearing about such a plan or operation.

If this CNN report is accurate, again, it would be massively bigger than Iran-Contra ever could have hoped to be. You haven't really been paying attention much to this scandal from day one have you?

weapons into Syria?....this was openly discussed and out on mainstream media.....and Hillary Clinton knowing about operations of the CIA? the CIA doesn't even discuss operations with it's own people...it's on a "need to know" basis, and highly compartmentalized in their own organization. the ambassador was a dumbass, who trusted too much, ignored all the warnings, and went there anyway. his ego got in the way of common sense, and it cost him his life and that of the small security group that went with him....

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

It would have been much more simple to say, "no, I haven't really been following this much from day 1."

I will grant you that there is a sight possibility that she was grossly incompetent to not know there was a major CIA black ops going on to funnel arms to Syria at one of her department's embassy annexes, but that's just as damning as if she knew and lied.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

It would have been much more simple to say, "no, I haven't really been following this much from day 1."

I will grant you that there is a sight possibility that she was grossly incompetent to not know there was a major CIA black ops going on to funnel arms to Syria at one of her department's embassy annexes, but that's just as damning as if she knew and lied.

This is just my personal opinion... But this is what she will claim, gross incompetence ...... Everything in this administration is about protecting the top people in the glass castle.

The thing is, this administration really is incompetent. While they are all playing spy games, this countries defense abilities are falling apart. They are setting this country up to take its biggest fall ever.

Anyways, I can feel and and I can see it, this baby has wings. 150 people in congress signed a letter to the head of the FBI asking that they be briefed with in 30 days. There is a new momentum to all of this that is unprecedented. In all my years I have come to learn that it there is a rumor, there is usually some truth to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked'
The CIA has been subjecting operatives to monthly polygraph tests in an attempt to suppress details of a US arms smuggling operation in Benghazi that was ongoing when its ambassador was killed by a mob in the city last year, according to reports.

Sources said that more Americans were hurt in the assault spearheaded by suspected Islamic radicals than had been previously reported. CIA chiefs were actively working to ensure the real nature of its operations in the city did not get out.

So only the losses suffered by the State Department in the city had been reported to Congress.

thelead.blogs.cnn.com...
The television network said that a CIA team was working in an annex near the consulate on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armouries to Syrian rebels.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe if the cia stop being where they are not wanted, needed or supposed to be. Less of this will happen

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
How, exactly, would you go about ensuring that a clandestine group was going where it was wanted?
And who, exactly, should be the one that determines that?
You?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There is nothing on CNN about it being smuggling....

RT has this tho it doesn't mention Benghazi, just Petraeus. Snowden maybe?

The CIA reportedly has a hand in clandestine supply of arms to Syrian rebels by Gulf States. At least 3,500 tons of have been delivered - some ending up on the black market, with the Turkish government an active player, a media report says.

The flow of arms continues with the help of US agents as Washington criticizes Iran and Russia for delivering weapons to the Syrian regime, the New York Times says. Secretary of State John Kerry pressed Iraq on Sunday to close its airspace to Iranian flights just as the latest arms delivery from Qatar for Syrian rebels was landing in Turkey, according to the daily’s report.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
There has to be way, way more to this story that the public is not being told. I've heard some rumors... And if those rumors are true, then I'd say it's way, way worse that what you could even imagine.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Its ok, you can say it...

It's Zombies. CIA Sponsored Zombies.

On a related note...check out what's happening in Benghazi now.
Libyan Herald.

Nine hundred members of the Libyan army’s Special Forces took up their posts all over the city of Benghazi at the outbreak of dawn today, LANA reports.

The soldiers took up positions across all exit points, ports, roads and junctions as part of a security plan to impose some kind of order on the troubled city.

The city had experienced a series of bombings and assassinations in recent days, including a police station bombing and an assassination on Friday.

edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join