It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Because of this and all the other scandals they have created and perpetrated on the USA, and the world,
Obama and Hillary should be presented with a custom made guillotine. And have it autographed by the American people for them to honor their commitment to do what is right and honorable, which in this case, would be to use the device on themselves..

This would show the world that they aren't all that bad after all, as this act of mercy for the entire world would redeem them and absolve them of all of their lies, deceit, and willful corruption and immoral acts they have committed against the American people..

Their epitaph could read "They took their own lives to save the whole world from themselves"

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Of course they did, that's half the point.

What takes 35 agents to accomplish? Cia Agents at that.

Weapons smuggling doesn't really make sense, its almost too big an op for that.
Why so much obvious man power and such effort to keep that fact hidden?
What is so big that Petraeus and Clinton both had to resign to hide?
And could/would we assume Obama had anything to do with it, or any knowledge of it before hand?
Consider that the first real exclusives on this were brought up by FOX and they were the ones who pushed hardest for Hillary and Obama to take the blame. Plus, how many CIA exclusives to you regularly see on FOX News as a whole?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
If CIA had a serious operation running that night........WHAT were the fighters after that was *SO* important, they'd risk total annihilation for even attempting this?

Money is the only thing people do something like that for. Gold. What happened to Libya's gold? Oh and who on "our side" wanted it for their very own?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I hope this is just the start of uncovering what really happened here, mentioned on the Black Vault and I tend to agree, this is probably the biggest cover up during Obamas term and quite possibly decades.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I see it being an operation to recover some very advanced weapons given to Libyan rebels. Weapons like Stinger Missiles which could easily down a commercial aircraft at range, easier than a fighter jet. Also, there were some shoulder fired anti-tank weapons. The Obama Administration is scared to death to be found out they gave weapons to terrorists, or that it happened under their aegis.

See, there is a little known law that when you give aid and comfort, and weapons are aid, to an enemy, which the terrorists are, it is called Treason. An immediate impeachment and criminal charges all around. That is why they are so anal about telling what happened. The operators were trying to recover weapons from the very terrorist group that attacked the embassy compound.

But, there is a side story that the CIA had been doing some extraordinary rendition on some prisoners they held there and it was an attack to free those prisoners as much as stop their arms operation. Remember, Iran and their terrorist groups like HAMAS are allies of Syria where these weapons were going to be shipped to.

So, there is a legitimate question about where they came from and who they were carrying out the attack operation for. Some said it may be to recover their own members, and some say it could have been to free the prisoners that could have been foreign terrorist operatives like the Muslim Brotherhood et.al. that the CIA captured in Libya. Libya was a lawless region then and there wasn’t any organized government. The CIA and State Department could operate with impunity or so they thought.

Anyway, now here is an exclusive story from CNN. It sort of supports what I was saying from the beginning and gives reason for the Obama Administrations double back flips trying to kill the story and make it “phony” and made up because they are rightly scared of losing it all if the truth makes it out

edit on 1/8/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Communist News Network reporting the real news? Wow! There is a scoop... I guess they do respond to rampant White house censorship and spying.. and their lowest historic ratings. All of those lost ratings are cutting into their business class budgets...

What a story... worthy of the CNN that used to report the news 20 years ago..

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Gold isn't the only reason Gadaffi had to die at almost any cost, IMO. There are things more valuable than Gold in some areas of the world and wars have been fought over less. That war wasn't even costly by overall standards. What was originally done to him to steal his country was criminal and it was primarily the work of Britain and some of the E.U. on this one. The U.S. just played a support role until the dirty work was done.

( Source )

I seem to recall Libya having discovered something important about the Murquz aquifer, before they became a nation that had to go down too. I just can't recall what...but the map there shows in that entire region of Africa, there is only one nation with serious and meaningful infrastructure to supply life giving water in large quantity.

While of course, Obama seems to be losing interest in playing around the Middle East. He's just looking to cut however it'll work. Africa on the other hand? Hey now.... That is where things are happening and action seems to be coming.

US North/Central African Presence Mapped

Not every point on that map is a drone base with American Soldiers and/or contractors. Some are jump points for Special Operations still hunting for Kony and his merry band of murdering kidnap victims/children. Of course, according to some articles, they are merely advisers. Ahh.. What a benign and neutral sounding term. Advisers... Almost makes ya think we can't get into a jam and sucked deeper into Vie...errr.... Africa, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This aquifer project? International Atomic Energy website?
Nubian Water Project

While its massive reserves are estimated to be around 375 000 cu km of water, it is seen as a closed water system that is only marginally rechargeable and therefore largely non-renewable. They include new migrants from the capital of Cairo to the Western Desert in Egypt… urban residents of apartments on Libya´s Mediterranean coast… small communities mainly growing wheat in northern Sudan… and nomadic groups sparsely populating oases in northeast Chad. What do these people have in common? They all depend on water from the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System (NSAS), one of the largest and most important underground aquifers of any kind in the world. It is also the world’s largest ‘fossil’ water aquifer system, meaning that the water is ancient.

The ancient system´s massive reserves, estimated at 375 000 cu km of water (equivalent to about 500 years of Nile River discharge), are confined deep inside the earth´s underground chambers -- staggered, tiered, and pooled beneath the sands of the Sahara Desert, oasis settlements, wadis (dry riverbeds that contain water only during times of heavy rain), small villages, towns, and large cities. While today there is no definite agreement on the exact age of the NSAS water, new scientific techniques are getting closer. Before, the traditional technique for dating groundwater was through radiocarbon testing, but this had a limit of 40 000 years.

A new technique uses the rare isotope called Krypton-81 to trace age. Recently, a team led by professor Neil Sturchio from the University of Illinois in Chicago tested some Nubian samples using the new technique with extraordinary findings. They found that Nubian groundwater is between 210 000 and 1 million years old! The NSAS as a ‘system’ was created during the Ice Age, also called the Pleistocene epoch, which lasted from 1.8 million to 11 550 years ago. Within this epoch, there were various cold and warm periods, during which time the recharge of groundwater in the NSAS was possible if conditions were wet. Between 5000 and 7000 years ago, scientists believe there was some major replenishment through dramatic climate changes.

I admit, that is pretty damn cool.

Dig this.....there was a hardcore treasure heist of ancient coins and antiquities in Benghazi in May 2011. (It's not really relevant, but with the CIA involved so heavily in the area, well who knows

Benghazi Treasure
edit on 2-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Well, heck? The chests date back to World War II and taken from the Italian loot/booty to be returned. I'd say that speaks to the fact the CIA most likely knew they existed and it wouldn't surprise me if they did know about where they were...if not precisely where. All bank vaults cleared except for that left behind, it says? Odd about that, huh? Even as an inside job for pure crime? Why take all the cash and leave the single MOST difficult thing for anything but professionals to sell even small bits of?

They don't call them the C)riminals I)n A)uthority for nothing, after all!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Even better.
Benghazi Treasure

It consists of three collections of archaeologically excavated material:

1. Objects excavated from the Temple of Artemis in Cyrene in 1917, including a number of gold items, which date to the fifth and sixth centuries BC.

2. Objects excavated from the Palace of Columns in Ptolemais in 1937 which date to the Hellenistic period.

3. The Meliu collection of 2,000 coins.

All told, the treasure is thought to comprise ’364 gold coins, 2,433 silver coins, 4,484 bronze coins, 306 pieces of jewelry and 43 other antiquities’ (Bailey 2011).

That combined with an Internation Atomic Energy project that references deep caverns beneath the earth with water dating back a million years. All part of a project that Gaddafi ran called The Great Man Made River.
Great Man Made River

According to its website, it is the largest underground network of pipes (2820 km) [2] and aqueducts in the world. It consists of more than 1,300 wells, most more than 500 m deep, and supplies 6,500,000 m3 of fresh water per day to the cities of Tripoli, Benghazi, Sirte and elsewhere. The late Libyan Leader Muammar Gaddafi described it as the "Eighth Wonder of the World."[3]

The ufo/ancient alien episode #ing writes itself with this story.
Conspiracists are gonna go all sorta fruity when you factor in the stories about the plane crash in 2011 being caused by hitting a ufo. Now if that happened who would have recovered it?

weird right?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Oh yeah, you came across some good additional information there. I think of the list of places and faces that "have to go" right now, Gadaffi just about topped the list. One, because he was a half crazy old coot ...but damn them all, he didn't do bad running his country. The people didn't have it half bad, especially by comparison to the anarchy they have now. Two, because of the land he controlled. They killed him after raping him in the street like a punk in a prison cell. It was one of the most obscene and atrocious things I've ever seen done in a circumstance like that and those are the people we called friends and allies. Even Hillary seemed nonplussed by the details of how Gadaffi finally met his end.

All to take his resources, is what it really came down to. He was no threat to anyone and gave up what turned out to be quite an advanced WMD program in 2003. Just handed it ALL over, voluntarily. Just like South Africa, more or less. I'll bet NO nation EVER does that again. He died for the resources and such, but he died BECAUSE he disarmed in 2003, is my feeling. WMD is the only thing that has kept Assad alive. While has them, even Obama won't risk being the man known to have triggered that level of holocaust.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I knew when they planted the IRS scandal seed during Benghazi's highlight, that Benghazi was bigger than big. But every one still fell for the quick change of direction. Even today I wonder if the embassies closing were a response to Benghazi.

What still kills me today is how the Whitehouse keeps complaining that Benghazi is old news. And that we are beating a dead horse. Meanwhile they stall on everything to purposely drag it out. They are the ones that caused any delay.

What I would like to see are the CIA agents testifying to congress without any threats hanging over their heads. And I would like to see the heads roll of those working so hard to prevent their testimony. It seems to me that this administration thinks it is acceptable to lie to congress. Congress is there to speak for and protect the American citizens.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
could of it been some sort of deal to get arms into Syria,,,aka Iran-Contra &/or arms for hostages that went horribly wrong...???.they must of forgot the first rule,,,if something goes wrong always have a patsy you can blame

edit on 2-8-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The problem here at ATS is that everyone moves on to the next days news. I have seen this happen to many of my own threads.

Don't see this mentioned here and it should be. I am not certain where this info came from, but Rep Trey Gowdy is claiming that CIA operatives had their names changed and were moved around the country.

Also, they are now saying that Benghazi was running guns in Libya. Gee weren't we saying this in the fall of 2011?

Gowdy told Greta the Obama Administration is hiding the survivors, dispersing them around the country, AND changing their names.

GOP Rep: Obama WH Is Hiding Benghazi Survivors AND CHANGING THEIR NAMES (Video)

The television network said that a CIA team was working in an annex near the consulate on a project to supply missiles from Libyan armouries to Syrian rebels.

CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked'

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The problem here at ATS is that everyone moves on to the next days news.

Yup, was just getting ready to post that information.
edit on 063131p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk
People are claiming that the Ambassador was there trying to retrieve weapons. That's the piss poor, post hoc, posthaste cover story. And in a nation that breathes and lives in a state of hypocrisy, its the exact opposite of what was actually happening.

The real story is that Benghazi was being used to run guns to Al Queda in Syria and it was either Russia or Iran that attacked the CIA run operation to expose the gun running to the world. Fact is is that the executive is responsible for arming our enemies in the war on terror. Exposing this hypocritical charade for what it really is exposes every dirty little plan being implemented to manipulate the American public into accepting a war that will ruin the US and destroy this country forever. China and Russia are playing a waiting game as the US implodes with the petro dollar. The only thing that will save the petro dollar is a huge war and that is what Benghazi is really about.

I don't see the hypocrisy here. We helped the Libyans toss out one guy and then funnel arms sent there to Syria where they are also trying to toss out a bad guy. Sounds consistent.

As far as the way the CIA moves things around.....allocating them for one place and smuggling them to another? Whats new about this? No story there really.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm not sure if the real shock headline should actually be...

"CNN ACTUALLY CONDUCTS SOME GENUINE JOURNALISM!"

This is obviously just more evidence that the CIA is still a rogue agency, out of control and unaccountable to the government. If they are refusing to answer to the elected representatives of the people, and acting to subvert the will of the public they are supposed to work for, then they should be deemed a threat to national security.

America desperately needs a leader and an elected government able to reign in these groups and hold them accountable for their actions around the world.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

That is correct, yes indeed. There is some new info but the main story is nothing new. What is new are revelations of the depth of the pressure on witnesses to keep the cover-up. As far as the CIA its not loyalty to the president they are showing so much as it is trying to keep secret how they get things done whatever administration they happen to be working with. In the end they may have to spill anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

What still kills me today is how the Whitehouse keeps complaining that Benghazi is old news. And that we are beating a dead horse. Meanwhile they stall on everything to purposely drag it out. They are the ones that caused any delay.

What this is really all about is payback. Its about all the pounding Nixon and Reagan took at the hands of the left for their arms distribution techniques. These issues have been main course meals at the lefts table for years. Conservatives have had their faces rubbed in this for years. Books have been written, songs have been written, ect ect. and the whole of the Reagan legacy summed up in same by some.

So now we have a democrat president caught up in the same and worse yet at the cost of selling out americans. Whats makes it worse is the way they are trying to avoid what they dished out for years. So that train is going to be stopping at the station.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
lol "operatives"

Such a loose word. It means nothing. An agent could give a candy bar to a 10 year old and tell him to go look through so and so's window and you know what the term would be for that kid...? "Operative"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join